Lugar v Linlithgow

sweep

Having watched the video of this game Linlithgows third goal was offside. I also thought that the free kick Linlithgow got that lead to the first goal was not a free kick. The Lugar player deserved his red card but one tackle I found interesting was the one just before the half time whistle.   Watch the game and decide for yourself

10 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Agree on the 3rd goal - but you don't see the starting position to be 100%

Ref was always a yard off the pace and struggled without assistants.

what was your opinion on the tackle just before halftime

what was your opinion on the tackle just before halftime

Just watched it again.

1st goal the free kick looks soft. Not sure if the Lugar player has a grip of the shirt just before he blows the angle doesn't tell - but agree looks soft.

Don't see any concern with the tackle on half time. He clearly wins the ball and if anything the conditions takes the Rose player into the Lugar man. But don't see any concern.

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Just watched it again.

1st goal the free kick looks soft. Not sure if the Lugar player has a grip of the shirt just before he blows the angle doesn't tell - but agree looks soft.

Don't see any concern with the tackle on half time. He clearly wins the ball and if anything the conditions takes the Rose player into the Lugar man. But don't see any concern.

Yes you could be right. I was at the opposite side from the video and I thought the rose no5 carried through  and caught Lugar 11 a dull yin

Yes you could be right. I was at the opposite side from the video and I thought the rose no5 carried through  and caught Lugar 11 a dull yin

Looks 50/50 The offside but without assistants the poor positioning of the Ref probably why he gave the offside.

9 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Not seen the video but did it show the goal that was chopped off just before half time? Rose player clearly onside but ref blew for offside. May have been more significant going in 2-0 up at half time.

Watch the Lugar player on the video raise his hand as the ball is played. I was not in a position to judge that one but the video suggests he was offside. The Lugar secretary told me he had asked for linesmen and none were forth coming .He also requested linesmen on the Saturday morning when several games were called off but still his request fell on deaf ears. Linlithgow were the better side and deserved to win but the referee left a lot to be desired.  Why did the association refuse the request for linesmen?

Watch the Lugar player on the video raise his hand as the ball is played. I was not in a position to judge that one but the video suggests he was offside. The Lugar secretary told me he had asked for linesmen and none were forth coming .He also requested linesmen on the Saturday morning when several games were called off but still his request fell on deaf ears. Linlithgow were the better side and deserved to win but the referee left a lot to be desired.  Why did the association refuse the request for linesmen?

Lack of numbers. A load of games went without. I’m sure that there would have been some at kilbirnie that could have been reallocated but I don’t think that’s how it works.

4 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Lack of numbers. A load of games went without. I’m sure that there would have been some at kilbirnie that could have been reallocated but I don’t think that’s how it works.

How does it work then?

Archived