Brechin City -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2017 at 15:07, lorenzo71 said:

Get what you re saying but honestly no Froxy,Nade or barr means nae chance of scoring.The best we can get is a 0-0.And im being serious.If we win i will buy you a pint!!!

:cheers  there ye go as promised

That was horrendous - our worst performance of the year. Against a better team and we would have been battered.

Why oh Why oh why do we keep kicking it long? IT. DOES. NOT. WORK. FFS!!!I would not give anybody pass marks with the guys at the back kicking long, midfield not tracking (Watt the worst - how he stayed for the 90 is anyone's guess) and anything we had up top did not work; they could not hold the ball up or control it when they di constantly taking wrong options.

If we do not get past Buckie in the cup then it is time for a change - today was a chance but the tactics was all over the place.

Dumbarton no that good either but clearly we were gash!

Agreed that was fucking awful today . Got what we deserved with fucking about at the back .  Negative from the start. No Lynas for whatever reason meaning no drive on the right.  Our front lot couldn't score in a barrel of fannies. Missed MacLennan to hold things up .  As people have been saying 5 at the back just doesn't work.  Why do we start pushing guys up only after they score with 2 mins left ?   Bloody shocking. 

I would like to say that the undroppable  Willie Dire was unlucky with the og but in all honesty that sums him up. 

In fairness to Dumbarton they closed everything down but in all honesty it was one of the worst football games I have seen this season. 

Points win prizes and that's what matters. Brechin awful, us slightly less so but pretty poor nonetheless.

Mark Stewart as always worked tirelessly, but pleased for Kyle Hutton, his best game in a Dumbarton jersey to date.

Lovely soup as usual at Brechin and always enjoy our trips to the Glebe. But if there was to be a team to win it, it should've been us, Brechin really poor and we've just got to move on to the next one. Hopefully we'll have one or two of our stricken players back for the next league game and the 90 minutes today will hopefully have done Carsy the world of good as well.

7 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Looking forward to a full critique of brechins washing facilities and catering...

Love a shitey victory I do

Heating was on and sandwiches laid on for the players after the game .........that's if your committee left any for them !!!   That's only standard procedure of course. 

Steak pies were better than the bridie offerings (a tad dry, pastry-wise)

Lentil soup :wub:

Wee social club under the Stand was great.

Deserved the win tbh, a turgid affair where Sons always carried more of an attacking threat. Big Hutton, Carswell, Stewart, Roy, Walsh all put a shift in. To be fair they all dug in & got us a well earned 3 points.

Well done Stevie and team

Regardless of the performance, that's a fantastic result for us given the current state of our squad. I'd have bitten your hand off for a scrappy 1-0 before kick off.

Good to hear Hutton played well. How did the Carswell and Hutton combo look?

Best I’d seen our Central Midfield this season imo. Carswell looked more like he was last season.

Archived