Brechin City -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I see the Sevco tactics are out in force ...........trying to lure the opponents into a false sense of security with the tales of woe !  :P  .................................  Don't be fooled  Darren , they are at it ! 8)

Get what you re saying but honestly no Froxy,Nade or barr means nae chance of scoring.The best we can get is a 0-0.And im being serious.If we win i will buy you a pint!!!

11 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I see the Sevco tactics are out in force ...........trying to lure the opponents into a false sense of security with the tales of woe !  :P  .................................  Don't be fooled  Darren , they are at it ! 8)

We have about 6 first team starters missing. It's really not any sort of mind games to say we'll be lucky to take anything.

Get what you re saying but honestly no Froxy,Nade or barr means nae chance of scoring.The best we can get is a 0-0.And im being serious.If we win i will buy you a pint!!!

Superb hope we get humped tomorrow what's another week [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481] beers on The Sons .
Na in all seriousness we ve been doing away fine just lacking up front but tomorrow's a must win game even this early in the season I d say .
But remember we ve a couple big players out too .

To be honest if Brechin can't beat us (the second weakest team in the league) when we're without 6 first team players, including our strongest CB, CM, #10 and Striker at home then they're as good as down.

Mind games? Me?

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We have about 6 first team starters missing. It's really not any sort of mind games to say we'll be lucky to take anything.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

To be honest if Brechin can't beat us (the second weakest team in the league) when we're without 6 first team players, including our strongest CB, CM, #10 and Striker at home then they're as good as down.

Mind games? Me?

It was honestly tongue in cheek.  8)

I just hope your predictions are forthcoming as we just can't keep going down the glorious failure route every week. 

I see the Sevco tactics are out in force ...........trying to lure the opponents into a false sense of security with the tales of woe !  [emoji14]  .................................  Don't be fooled  Darren , they are at it ! 8)

In all seriousness I honestly don't think you'll get a better chance of a victory all season.

I don't believe we're a bad team when we're at full strength but our squad is absolutely decimated at the moment. We have argubly 6 starters out injured, 3 of them I'd consider our best players in Froxy, Nade and Barr (at centre half). Carswell hasn't played for a long time and will be nowhere near match sharp so even if he starts I'm not convinced he'll be up to scratch. Handling we haven't seen much of but at full fitness I'd expect him to be a starter. Grant Gallagher I'd also expect to be a starter but he's out long term and we've known that for a while so there's no point in getting hung up on his absence.

I'm absolutely not making excuses for us but this has to be the worst run of luck in terms of injuries that we've had for a long time. Other than Nade and possibly Gallagher it's all the non injury prone guys who are injured. In Barr's case he's missing through his own stupidity by receiving a second yellow for a hilariously bad dive last week.

Fingers crossed we can at least scrap for a draw but I wont be holding my breath given the nick of our squad.

22479d9891b8df2aec9d55e497f7957a.gif

In all seriousness I honestly don't think you'll get a better chance of a victory all season.

I don't believe we're a bad team when we're at full strength but our squad is absolutely decimated at the moment. We have argubly 6 starters out injured, 3 of them I'd consider our best players in Froxy, Nade and Barr (at centre half). Carswell hasn't played for a long time and will be nowhere near match sharp so even if he starts I'm not convinced he'll be up to scratch. Handling we haven't seen much of but at full fitness I'd expect him to be a starter. Grant Gallagher I'd also expect to be a starter but he's out long term and we've known that for a while so there's no point in getting hung up on his absence.

I'm absolutely not making excuses for us but this has to be the worst run of luck in terms of injuries that we've had for a long time. Other than Nade and possibly Gallagher it's all the non injury prone guys who are injured. In Barr's case he's missing through his own stupidity by receiving a second yellow for a hilariously bad dive last week.

Fingers crossed we can at least scrap for a draw but I wont be holding my breath given the nick of our squad.

22479d9891b8df2aec9d55e497f7957a.gif

If we are to get anything it will need to be a dogfight with football a long way behind attitude. In Morrison, Roy, Gallagher and Johnston we have four guys who have yet to make a mark; given that some or all of them may need to be involved then tomorrow would be a good time to start.

6 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Surely in the name of all that is holy with all our injury problems there'll be a starting berth for Ally Roy tomorrow?!

If he doesnt .its taxi for Roy surely.If he cannae get a start tomorrow then thats him as good as away.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Trying to take the positives here, giving Mark Stewart a partner who will also do some running should allow Stewart to play on the last man and if we can get balls in behind Brechin then we could have some joy.  To be honest, balls into the channels doesn't sound the worst game plan with the midfield we look set to put out.

You ma not be familiar with glebe park, it's narrow and short, smallest a professional park can be I'm led to believe, teams rarely get in behind us, saying that we are vunrable with set pieces and balls into the box, 

this is a massive game for us, we get beat and we're re relegated already, if we can some how get the win we are within touching distance of Falkirk and dumbarton, 

all the odds seem to be in our favour a dumbarton team who aren't free scoring missing there best 2-3 attacking  players and 3 other starters if reports are to be believed! Us being very competitive in every game since dumbarton, the fact we had their number in the last encounter until the sending off, both being part-time

all I want is my team to have a real go at winning this game, they are part-time aswell so there's no excuse! 

If we sit in and try and hit on the break I'll be massively dissatisfied, it's dumbarton not Dunfermline , st mirren or Dundee united please dods have a go!

be good to see hill back at the glebe (be even better if he can score an og)

i look forward to the game and I'm optimistic about getting a result

12 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

You ma not be familiar with glebe park, it's narrow and short, smallest a professional park can be I'm led to believe, teams rarely get in behind us, saying that we are vunrable with set pieces and balls into the box, 

this is a massive game for us, we get beat and we're re relegated already, if we can some how get the win we are within touching distance of Falkirk and dumbarton, 

all the odds seem to be in our favour a dumbarton team who aren't free scoring missing there best 2-3 attacking  players and 3 other starters if reports are to be believed! Us being very competitive in every game since dumbarton, the fact we had their number in the last encounter until the sending off, both being part-time

all I want is my team to have a real go at winning this game, they are part-time aswell so there's no excuse! 

If we sit in and try and hit on the break I'll be massively dissatisfied, it's dumbarton not Dunfermline , st mirren or Dundee united please dods have a go!

be good to see hill back at the glebe (be even better if he can score an og)

i look forward to the game and I'm optimistic about getting a result

This could well be the key for us. If you have a go, there's more likely to be gaps to find. I assume you sit compact against most other sides and there aren't really gaps to find.

We may well only be Dumbarton, but we've been in this league as long as most of the others. Albeit our budget is still considerably less than the others you mention.

Right guys. I've been worrying about this all week, so I'm just going to stick it on here in the hope it'll be a jinx.

Brechin (sticking with Dods aside) look in a very similar state to ourselves when we first came up. A couple of points, a few decent performances but little to show and a squad that very, very closely resembles their playoff winning one.

I take it everyone remembers our first win back up here?

https://spfl.co.uk/championship/fixture/3518566/ If you don't.

I have the fear.

Archived