Hamilton Academical v Aberdeen

Aberdeen must hate coming to Hamilton , yesterday being their first point gained from the last nine available . Do Aberdeen fans think it's a psychological failing with regard to the surface , or do you feel it's the tactics employed by Accies which prevents you getting into your usual rhythm which is the major factor?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aberdeen must hate coming to Hamilton , yesterday being their first point gained from the last nine available . Do Aberdeen fans think it's a psychological failing with regard to the surface , or do you feel it's the tactics employed by Accies which prevents you getting into your usual rhythm which is the major factor?

I like coming to NDP. It's got fine pies a decent view and the stewards are OK. Most Aberdeen fans travel in hope rather than expectation even when the team is doing well. I suppose the folk from up our neck of the woods that expect their team to beat everyone are the ones who choose to follow Rangers or Celtic.
With reference to Hamilton in particular, I don't know. We usually do well at killie who have a plastic pitch. Must be a combination on Hamilton using effective tactics and their players being up for the challenge of testing but beatable opponents.

We haven’t hit our “usual rhythm” this season at all, and despite folk complaining, it’s nothing to do with the pitch.

First game of the season, I thought Hamilton looked ok against us, but at NDP you set up well and play us like a fiddle.

You really should have beaten us yesterday though.

1 minute ago, Kneetrembler said:

I like coming to NDP. It's got fine pies a decent view and the stewards are OK. Most Aberdeen fans travel in hope rather than expectation even when the team is doing well. I suppose the folk from up our neck of the woods that expect their team to beat everyone are the ones who choose to follow Rangers or Celtic.
With reference to Hamilton in particular, I don't know. We usually do well at killie who have a plastic pitch. Must be a combination on Hamilton using effective tactics and their players being up for the challenge of testing but beatable opponents.

Good summary , the last sentence probably the most relevant , just hope we have the same attitude when we play sevco in our next match.

3 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

We haven’t hit our “usual rhythm” this season at all, and despite folk complaining, it’s nothing to do with the pitch.

First game of the season, I thought Hamilton looked ok against us, but at NDP you set up well and play us like a fiddle.

You really should have beaten us yesterday though.

I accept your view regarding yesterday's match even though I felt the result was fair enough, I also take a rather simplistic/ pragmatic view of we scored 2 goals , you scored 2 goals therefore a point apiece is all both sides were entitled too.

Luckily missed yesterday due to a family event. Unsurprising to hear we dropped points and once again failed to adapt to the high intensity and battling game required to be played at NDP. We never do adapt to playing down there and it costs us dearly.

53 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Very frustrating that we always seem to turn up against Aberdeen but utterly shit the bed against Celtic and Rangers.

If I was a Hamilton fan, that’s what would concern me most.

Seems like once again, Accies away is bane of our lives.

A point away from home, in a game we could easily have lost, should be appreciated,  but hard to accept our poor record against them.  Was it not last season, they beat us 1 - 0 and then lost their next 3 games, 6 -0 , 4 - 0 and  4- 0................

9 hours ago, happyaccie said:

When did the football club acquire ownership of all the oil fields ? It will take an offer way above the Dons financial affordability to entice us to part with such an exciting prospect .

That's what St Mirren thought about Kenny McLean...

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

That's what St Mirren thought about Kenny McLean...

If I recall correctly McLean signed a deal at St Mirren with the caveat that if any bids were made he was notified, and if the move appealed to him he had a financial release clause inserted into that contract he signed. The situation with Docherty  is different , offhand I think he is contracted for another 2 years , and Accies normally maximise any transfer fee they recieve for the players who leave here for pastures new. I personally feel Aberdeen would not be in a position to compete financially with other interested parties , that is not a slight on Aberdeen FC , I think S Milne has a limit to what he is prepared to spend on aquiring playing personnel , a stance I greatly admire as he only has the clubs long term future in mind when setting a transfer fee cap.

13 hours ago, akredz said:

A point away from home, in a game we could easily have lost, should be appreciated,  but hard to accept our poor record against them.  Was it not last season, they beat us 1 - 0 and then lost their next 3 games, 6 -0 , 4 - 0 and  4- 0................

2 of their 7 wins came from games vs. Aberdeen. Effectively beating us twice kept them up as they dodged the drop by a point in the end (albeit with a superior GD to ICT).

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, akredz said:

In fairness, one of the games we lost in Hamilton was the bizarrest game ever.....we were probably more dominant in that than we were when we beat Dundee 7-0.

Remember that we also won there in the League Cup this season. Some of the talk of an Indian sign they have over us is a wee bit exaggerated....our record at Hamilton isn't awful, it's simply that compared with most away grounds outside Parkhead, our results aren't as good as you may expect them to be (no disrespect to Hamilton meant).

I'm looking at it as a point won.  Both teams missed gilt edges chances (probably Accies more than us).

Accies are not whipping boys, mostly edged out by the odd goal, not drubbings.

I also think they play some decent football.

Having gone ahead, I'd have happily shytfested it out, but it was not to be.

Yours

aDONis

P.S. I forgot to mention the pitch :) which looks worse than I actually think it is.

Archived