West Region fixtures for December ?

glensmad

Right here goes :-

1. Glencairn have been given 3 away fixtures in December, meaning that our only home game between now and January is the Scottish Junior Cup tie against Stonehaven which will unquestionably cost us money to host.

2. Taking into account our next league match is away at Shettleston on 18th November, with cup ties either side of it (one of those also away from home), that means we will have been given 4 away games in a row in the league. How on earth can that possibly be construed as a fair spread of fixtures ?

3. We have been scheduled to play away to Cumbernauld United on 2nd December, our second league meeting of the season, and that will be only our 9th league match out of 26. At that point, we will still not have played either at home or away against Petershill, Largs Thistle, Irvine Meadow, Kello Rovers and Maryhill . Surely we could have had one of those teams instead ?

4. We were originally scheduled to play Largs Thistle at home on 25th November, but that has now been postponed to accomodate the Scottish Junior Cup 3rd round. Why has this tie now been scheduled to be played at Largs on 16th December and not in Rutherglen, when we will have been away from home on four out of the previous five weekends ?

5. We have also been given Irvine Meadow away on 9th December, when we haven't played them at home yet either. Either the Meadow game or the Largs game could easily have been scheduled to be played in Rutherglen to give a semblance of balance to the home/away fixtures.

6. Today is the 7th November, and between now and 7th January (2 months exactly) we will have one home game, and we will lose money on it due to the rules on travel allowances in the Scottish Junior Cup. How are we supposed to survive and pay our bills with no income from home matches due to the scheduling of fixtures ?

7. The final two fixtures we have been given - away to Irvine Meadow and Largs - will involve us probably having to ask our players to make their own way to these matches two weeks in a row into Ayrshire instead of hiring buses which we would normally do, as we simply won't have the money to pay for buses.

The frustrating thing is that absolutely none of the above is in the least bit surprising.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Up to 30th December now!

Has the fixtures for December 23rd and 30th yet to be put up for leagues outside Super Premier or no fixtures for these dates? I know we requested a fixture for 23rd December but no fixtures at the moment. Anyone know if your club requested a fixture in Super First, as if so still to be released [emoji5]️

Has the fixtures for December 23rd and 30th yet to be put up for leagues outside Super Premier or no fixtures for these dates? I know we requested a fixture for 23rd December but no fixtures at the moment. Anyone know if your club requested a fixture in Super First, as if so still to be released [emoji5]️

The Premier League fixtures for the 23rd & 30th December are out, so you would assume it was only Medda that asked for a game on the 23rd?

Well, we asked for one too & yet we play each other on the 16th... [emoji848]

Every Club will have a gripe throughout the season, we had the chance to change and didn't take it.

As for my own Club come end November 9 away games and 4 home, albeit  3 away in the Scottish and 1 in the west.

Could have played Glens at home on the 30th Sept (that game we should never have won lol)as Guy's Meadow was available, as it is on Saturday but we are away on Cup Duty.

Tbh we just get on with it now, right think am going to watch that Glens v Nauld highlight's again.

Every Club will have a gripe throughout the season, we had the chance to change and didn't take it.
As for my own Club come end November 9 away games and 4 home, albeit  3 away in the Scottish and 1 in the west.
Could have played Glens at home on the 30th Sept (that game we should never have won lol)as Guy's Meadow was available, as it is on Saturday but we are away on Cup Duty.
Tbh we just get on with it now, right think am going to watch that Glens v Nauld highlight's again.

Why should we just get on with it?
We should quite rightly point out the farce that it is fixtures lists otherwise it will never change. It is not just inconvenient that the fixtures are inconsistent it also affects the integrity of the leagues. No team should be allocated FIVE home (or away) matches in a row in an advanced fixtures list.

36 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

We should quite rightly point out the farce that it is fixtures lists otherwise it will never change. It is not just inconvenient that the fixtures are inconsistent it also affects the integrity of the leagues. No team should be allocated FIVE home (or away) matches in a row in an advanced fixtures list.

Exactly – it’s always going to happen towards the end of the season with team that have had a lot of postponements earlier - this season for instance, Dalry will probably end up having to fulfil a lot of home fixtures on the trot in April and May due to earlier games off, but there’s no valid reason to have long stretches of home or away fixtures in October and November.

1 hour ago, BeverleyHills said:

Could have played Glens at home on the 30th Sept (that game we should never have won lol)....

Lol, I never actually said that. I said we should never have lost the game, I thought a draw would have been a fair outcome. :thumsup2

44 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

We as in our Club, am with you all the way regarding the fixtures, we all know the problem and he thinks its his ball to do what he wants with it.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Lol, I never actually said that. I said we should never have lost the game, I thought a draw would have been a fair outcome. :thumsup2

Good man Peter,do agree the fixture on the 2nd December is nonsense  given we still have 4 teams still to play.

Archived