I'm waiting on my residency before I buy a house in the South Okanagan. Down payments for non residents are 25%, I thought I was doing well with $15000 in the bank. Anyone who bought a house in Vancouver in the last 20 yrs is basically a millionaire. If I owned property there I would sell up and move here. Same amount of house for half the price.

2 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

I'm waiting on my residency before I buy a house in the South Okanagan. Down payments for non residents are 25%, I thought I was doing well with $15000 in the bank. Anyone who bought a house in Vancouver in the last 20 yrs is basically a millionaire. If I owned property there I would sell up and move here. Same amount of house for half the price.

$1200 a square foot in the West End ffs :lol::lol: Its cheaper living in Manhattan.

Absolutely radio rental. We have similar aspirations on moving to the Island in 10 or so years.

Good luck with your residency bud, i became a citizen last year :thumsup2

4 minutes ago, VanCityHibee said:

$1200 a square foot in the West End ffs :lol::lol: Its cheaper living in Manhattan.

Absolutely radio rental. We have similar aspirations on moving to the Island in 10 or so years.

Good luck with your residency bud, i became a citizen last year :thumsup2

Cheers man.

I know it differs wildly but just out of curiosity how long after your medical did you receive residency?

Edited by The Equalizer

Are those a Canadian thing only? West Coast? Never seen one before. How much? Would it be worth it to buy one and live in my driveway?

Heard the incoming New Zealand government is going to ban foreigners from buying existing buildings. Doubt Canada will be smart enough to elect a similar government. 

9 hours ago, VanCityHibee said:

Living in Vancouver i will never ever own a house, so me and the wife decided to invest in a campervan.

Absolutely loving it so far, as we are spoilt for choice in BC...

Any  other P n B'ers own a camper?

20170819_101624.jpg

The toilet is a bit basic.