**** v Thistle

Yes, West Ham have. Leicester did recently too.
Don't be bitter since you don't have enough fans to do anything like that.

West Ham's display was much better than the shitey effort at Ibrox.
#2WorldWars1WorldCup
[emoji636] [emoji56]

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

West Ham's display was much better than the shitey effort at Ibrox.
#2WorldWars1WorldCup
emoji636.pngemoji56.png

Mark Noble also went to an army barracks to meet some of the soldiers.

The ***'s effort was the minimum you'd expect. Bits of A4 paper printed off isn't a good enough effort for "wur boays".

I for one think that it's outrageous that Partick Thistle fans tried to incite Rangers fans by waving a flag with red and yellow stripes at a football match. The Rangers fans are to be applauded for their REMARKABLE RESTRAINT under SEVERE PROVOCATION.

38 minutes ago, Ereshkigal said:

Is that 36 years all sewn up now? Have you ever seen a Thistle win at Ibrox?

There were a few things which reinforced my stereotype of Sevco fans today.

Firstly, a couple of young people being tackled out of the stadium for showing a ‘Yes’ Saltire and Catalonia flag, with the home support bursting forth with ‘Rule Britannia’ and ‘God Save the Queen’ - personally of course I think PTFC should ultimately be neutral about this stuff (and statisically, probably the majority of Thistle fans voted ‘No’), but this all seemed unnecessary.

Secondly, waiting in the Ibrox subway queue post-match, with 2 respectable-appearing old men behind me discussing the Trainspotting 2 film, and that they had cheered at the ‘No More Catholics’ scene - I got the impression that they didn’t really understand what that had been about. The whole home support seems rooted, at best, in the 1970s. But I guess it’s only a small number of people in Scotland - 50,000, up to 150-200,000 or so worldwide.

I’ve been to the vast majority of senior grounds in Scottish football, but I find the supports at Ibrox and Parkhead pretty different . Were your stereotypes of quinoa and The Guardian confirmed?

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

To be fair, yes.

Celtic fans came to Perth and constantly sang about the ira, so a decent effort all round you could say.

Nice attempt at deflection, but ultimately you've failed..

Now f**k off and don't come back until your team scores a goal and you are able to stay on topic.

Can you Partick b*****ds please turn your form around before January? We'd quite like to keep Penrice until the end of the season, but the rate your mob are going at, we'll be seeing him at the Tony Macarena in yellow and red next season.

Commiserations on having to endure Rangers' acts of "remembrance". I mind we played there a few seasons ago on Armed Forces Day, some of the most heinous attention seeking I've ever seen tbh. Pretty much what you'd expect from them.

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Can you Partick b*****ds please turn your form around before January? We'd quite like to keep Penrice until the end of the season, but the rate your mob are going at, we'll be seeing him at the Tony Macarena in yellow and red next season.

Commiserations on having to endure Rangers' acts of "remembrance". I mind we played there a few seasons ago on Armed Forces Day, some of the most heinous attention seeking I've ever seen tbh. Pretty much what you'd expect from them.

We'd love to.

But we need Booth, Dumbuya, Elliott, Erskine, Osman, Woods and Ronnie Glavin fit again before we can ever consider leaving Penrice with you for the rest of the season.

Watched on a stream with their commentary muted, long since stopped giving Rangers and Celtic money for a terrible away day experience and 95% of the time a gubbing.  I know we've almost zero other options but was clear after about 15 minutes it was a training session for them, only surprise was it didn't end up more. 

We need to somehow hang in until the transfer window opens and / or we get can some players back, but Woods getting injured only adds to the "what the actual f**k do we do in training?" narrative. This was always an unlikely source of points and the 7/9 from the 3 games before was huge. The 4 million games in December, by the end of which we'll be playing the under 17s and Ryan Edwards cos he's the only one that never gets injured, are going to make or break the season.

Left at half time. Surprised to see so many ***gulates leaving at that time. Although I guess it was job done from their POV.

I was wondering this as well. Into the hundreds leaving despite being 2-0 up at ht. Can any Rangers fan explain this? A few leaving said they were watching "pish". Are they not happy unless c**t smashing teams with silky football?

48 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Watched on a stream with their commentary muted, long since stopped giving Rangers and Celtic money for a terrible away day experience and 95% of the time a gubbing.  I know we've almost zero other options but was clear after about 15 minutes it was a training session for them, only surprise was it didn't end up more. 

We need to somehow hang in until the transfer window opens and / or we get can some players back, but Woods getting injured only adds to the "what the actual f**k do we do in training?" narrative. This was always an unlikely source of points and the 7/9 from the 3 games before was huge. The 4 million games in December, by the end of which we'll be playing the under 17s and Ryan Edwards cos he's the only one that never gets injured, are going to make or break the season.

It's a weird season right enough. Not at all like what I remember of Collins tenure when we were really pish.  None of us know what the heck is going on behind the scenes in terms of who is part-fit, who is fully-fit and who Archie is just chucking in because he has a hunch or they've done OK in a previous game.   I'm an auld guy and well past the point where I have expectations that don't reflect reality, but there will come a time where a change of manager begins to look like one of the sensible options in the big list of "what the f**k do we do now?".

Archived