Livi v ICT

This is going to be a tough one, Inverness have turned the poor early season form around and now look like a force to be reckoned with. 

That doesn't surprise me tbh, I personally think Inverness first half against us earlier in the season was the best we've came up against, quick, sharp passing but the defending was appalling. 

It would seem they have sorted that out now, 5 clean sheets in a row so a much tougher test is in store. 

I don't think we have to fear anyone though, we've already proven that we are just as good as everyone in this league and with the top teams coming up against each other this weekend this is a big game for both clubs.

Having said that I wouldn't be disappointed with a point in this one, although 3 aren't beyond us. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep tough game but we've managed to win 3 home games on the bounce so hopefully we'll make it 4. Mullen is back for this game too, but will Hoppy start him (hope to feck he does), or will he leave him on the bench same as he did against the Pars with Gallagher when he came back from a suspension.

I'm also hoping he starts Keaghan, something along the lines of:

Alexander

Gallagher              Halkett               Lithgow

McMillan               Byrne            Pittman          Jacobs              Penrice

Todorov                      Mullen

If we can pull out the three points, I think we may go top of the league. We're also likely to go 20+ points clear of Brechin which is big.  

That said, this is the type of game we have struggled in, in recent championship seasons. Big effort from the players needed with the fans completely behind them. 

I think it will be a score draw.

Just now, EdinburghLivi said:

If we can pull out the three points, I think we may go top of the league. We're also likely to go 20+ points clear of Brechin which is big.  

That said, this is the type of game we have struggled in, in recent championship seasons. Big effort from the players needed with the fans completely behind them. 

I think it will be a score draw.

Steady, lets not get carried away.

We could go on and win this one if we're focused, need to be well drilled. Would like to see Jacobs back in in some way, McMillan done well at the weekend too but you wouldn't drop Josh. I'd keep Jacko on the bench 100% though

Nice short trip from the capital for me on Saturday. Any good boozers to head to pre match and is Livi North or South the best station to head for? I know services to North are much more frequent.

The Saltire is prob the best pub if you're getting off at Livi North, it's up next to Morrisons carpark. Other pub i'd recommend is the Livi Inn but that's down in the Village but not that far from the ground, about a 10 min walk. Prob take you 25/30 mins to walk from the Saltire to our stadium, or 20/25 mins from Livi North station, plenty taxi's about in the Morrisons carpark though if you didn't fancy walking, or phone one of the local taxi firms. Other pubs in Livi are a bit rough looking, or there are a few up by the shopping centre but I don't think they have football on the tellies.

Or just walk down to the stadium and have a few pre match beers in the Almondvale suite, will be open this weekend, serves food too.

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

We could go on and win this one if we're focused, need to be well drilled. Would like to see Jacobs back in in some way, McMillan done well at the weekend too but you wouldn't drop Josh. I'd keep Jacko on the bench 100% though

Depends how threatening ICT are down the wings, Josh is good going forward and puts in great balls from the wing but defensively he's a bit of a liability against pacey wingers. We started off against Brechin having McMillan covering Josh but didn't really need that defensive cover against them, got exposed there against Dunfermline though. I'd start off with McMillan and see how the game goes before bringing Josh on in the 2nd half, just to be on the safe side. I think McMillan would also enable us to have Mackin on from the start too, we'd be solid enough at the back and Mackin gives us a good goal threat going forward, have a feeling Hoppy will start him after he did so well against Brechin.

47 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends how threatening ICT are down the wings, Josh is good going forward and puts in great balls from the wing but defensively he's a bit of a liability against pacey wingers. We started off against Brechin having McMillan covering Josh but didn't really need that defensive cover against them, got exposed there against Dunfermline though. I'd start off with McMillan and see how the game goes before bringing Josh on in the 2nd half, just to be on the safe side. I think McMillan would also enable us to have Mackin on from the start too, we'd be solid enough at the back and Mackin gives us a good goal threat going forward, have a feeling Hoppy will start him after he did so well against Brechin.

We have Jake Mulraney who is arguably the fastest player in the division. Been on form for the last few weeks so you could be in trouble if he continues like that.

However, he is just as likely to spend the whole time rolling about on the deck looking for a foul. You never know what you are going to get from him.

Mulreany has been transformed in the last few weeks.  Starting around half-time at Falkirk he actually started using his pace to attack opposition full backs and since then he hasn't looked back.  His pace causes opponents to take a more conservative approach in terms of attacking with the full backs, which helps us defensively as well.  His delivery is also improving and he's now got two assists in two games, as well as setting up a couple of great chances at Falkirk and hitting the post.  He's still young so I expect consistency to be an issue but he's actually looking like a player these days.  

Another two big reasons for our improvement are Bell and Baird.  Playing with two up front we've used their pace and movement to hit teams on the counter and also to pull opposition defences out of position.  Baird has missed a few chances but Bell appears to be on a bit of a roll in terms of finishing.  

LIVIFOREVER questions how threatening we may  be on the wings, Mulreany will get a start but there's also a chance of Doran getting on at some stage and that could up our game if he is  up to snuff.

Elbouzedi could also figure in the game but I watched him on sunday playing as a striker and I wan't overly impressed, he seemed to be holding back into tackles and I wouldn't say he is back to 100%, Esson took him off early.

Can see it being Dunfermline first half all over again then if Hoppy starts Mullin as a wingback again, he'll get ripped apart by a pacey winger, McMillan has to start and at least be there to cover Mullin if he starts too. Josh is great going forward and puts in a lot of good balls but defensively he'll get ripped. Hoping Danny Mullen starts too and Hoppy doesn't stick him on the bench same as he did when Gallagher was just back from a suspension, we need Danny's energy and constantly being a nuisance to defenders all game, might be Mackin who starts instead of Toddy after scoring against Brechin, no doubting his ability to win balls in the air and score goals, but we'd need a back 4 instead of the usual back 3 in this game, as he doesn't help press defenders and they'll get time to bring it out of defence and get the ball down our wings..

Mackin and Mullen scored 3 goals between them in the Development game last night, maybe a trial run for them starting this game. I know I have my reservations about Mackin not doing his share of the defensive work pressing the ball back but if McMillan starts then we've maybe found a balance for that and they'd make a potent strike partnership. I don't want to write him off as he scores goals so wouldn't mind trying that out to see if it'll work.

Classic inconsistent refereeing, Mullen booked for diving, Mulraney(?) not booked for the same thing. Don't think either of them were penalties, but ffs :lol:

Even game so far, we've went from being on top and closing them down quickly, to stupid mistakes and looking like we're going to concede. Need to get Mackin or Todorov on for the 2nd half if we're going to keep lumping the ball up the park. 

Archived