Morton v Queens

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm offended with such a slur on my good character! My tipple of choice is Stella if you must know. Or Kronenbourg....or San Miguel.
I think you'll find Buckfast was the cause of Finchys meltdown last night.

f**k off you weird skunk c**t. Cant wait for St Mirren pumped in the play off and the bigot, right wing scum hammers down.

Right up ye

You're definitely not a Morton fan, After every defeat, we hear nothing but your constant fucking whining.
Talking shite? Look at your posts. Virtually every one is negative. The same regurgitated shite post after post. 
You and your herd criticise MORTON SUPPORTERS who refuse to lambast the board, management and team at the drop of a hat. Just as a suggestion, why don't you try putting forward the positives now and again? Why don't you tell us a solution instead of a problem. Do you only do negativity?
*Cue the rest of the herd coming on to attempt to shut up MORTON SUPPORTERS!*

You are a w**k

f**k off you weird skunk c**t. Cant wait for St Mirren pumped in the play off and the bigot, right wing scum hammers down.

Right up ye

Good evening Finchy. If you would be so kind to translate that into proper English that would be most helpful old chap.

Good evening Finchy. If you would be so kind to translate that into proper English that would be most helpful old chap.

1. You are a scumbag

2. You are a fat right wing bigot

3. I will rejoice when the paisley c***s get horsed in the playoff

4. I will do cartwheels when the ultra right wing west ham are championship fodder

5. Have you wiped the spaghetti hoop stain off of your Andy Carroll pyjamas

HTH

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Of  way more interest than the fitba on show yesterday was this, spotted in the cowshed.

Was it a brand new jaikit? Was it Casper the friendly ghost? Or was it the ghost of the mysterious heidless man in brown a couple of rows behind it?

Whatever it was, when the sun was hitting it it was brighter than the reflection off Gary Harkins' baldy napper.

IMG_20171105_174627.jpg

Trick of the light. It`s actually a black dinner jacket but transformed by the dazzling brilliance of Stephen Dobbie.

1. You are a scumbag
2. You are a fat right wing bigot
3. I will rejoice when the paisley c***s get horsed in the playoff
4. I will do cartwheels when the ultra right wing west ham are championship fodder
5. Have you wiped the spaghetti hoop stain off of your Andy Carroll pyjamas

HTH

Replied in 30 seconds[emoji23] You are totally rattled and hanging on my every word.

Dougie Rae is a huge fan of Duffy and the fact that he's had a contract extension means he ain't going anywhere. 

I don't believe Duffy should be sacked, but there is no doubt that he failed to bring in the players required for this season. The current crop are fine but we are woefully short on defensive cover and have no real width in the team. Duffy has tried Jai out wide and has now brought in young Tiffs.

This should have been addressed before the season started and many of us had concerns  even in the pre-season games, but nothing was done.  For me the lack of width has more than anything hindered our progress this season. 

What happened to the loan market?  A young development squad player from Celtic who hasn't played a minute of first team action was the full extent of our loan market dealings.

Was the budget from last season increased? If so, has it been used properly? Do we still have room to bring players in? Why no outfield loan players this season? 

Duffy said he would assess the playing squad after the first quarter. Has he mentioned if he's happy with what we currently have or does he want to bring anyone else in?   

You need to imagine/hope that Rae,  Hawke, Nick etc are sitting there raging at what we are producing as much as we are and questioning why the squad is so unbalanced. It's so fecking obvious, they must be/ better be asking these questions to Duffy. His year on year gamble to bring in some quality young loans failed and many of us expected it to go tits up which it has done. The football is garbage. I very rarely leave a game early but with 10 mins left on Sat, I had enough, we were woeful, it  was freezing and you just knew we weren't going to get anything.  

Yes we were missing some key players  but that's Duffy's fault for failing to recruit well enough. Our bench on Sat was quite frankly embarrassing. 5 out of the 7 available,  1 outfield first team player, a young reserve goalie and 3 kids. If only he had used every penny available to him!

With a couple of weeks off until our next game, its time to bring in a couple of emergency loans. There must be some quality young players in the Premiership who could do with some first team experience or some fringe players who are not really featuring.  Chris Millar was  offered, he wanted to come but Duffy didn't fancy it, there must be many more like him. Offer an attractive package and get them in to make a difference.  If we don't change , i can see us being  involved in a relegation fight.  Dumbarton are once again doing well, only 3 points behind us, Caley have improved and will take over us soon enough, we are lucky Falkirk are our saving grace but you expect them to turn eventually.

The attendance figures are falling and the general atmosphere  is becoming more and more negative as the weeks go on. 1 win out of 6, and that was away to Brechin. It is simply not good enough.

Highlights - 

I don't mean to be too harsh as presumably it is put together by volunteers just like most things at this level, and having any highlights at all is a huge improvement from just a few years ago.  Those are pretty pish highlights though.  Bit of a minter for Morton that bumpkins like ourselves can knock together a far superior highlights package given we only got electricity for the first time last week.

Brownlie's assist for Dobbie's goal is tremendous.  Hard to tell from the highlights exactly what happened for our second, but it's pleasing to score a scrappy one like that because I've seen us concede goals along those lines too many times in the past.  The penalty looks pretty soft from that angle but the clip doesn't really tell us much, and none of our fans that were at the game seemed to protest it too much on here.

Archived