Morton v Queens

This is a match that Duffy needs to win to avoid becoming detached from the play-off chase. A draw will not do after the lorryload of points that he has dropped to Dumbarton (x2), as well as Falkirk and Livingston at Cappielow already this season.  

Given that Queen of the South have players that can exploit our obvious weak area in the team then I am doubtful that we'll get a win. BTTS seems likely. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Important that we have Quitongo fit for this one.  Queens couldn't deal with him at Palmerston.  I hope his apparent injury right at the start of the game last week has cleared up.

Based on the last few games, we will more than likely be lining up in a 4-4-2 formation tomorrow, rather than the 4-3-3 that left Callum Fordyce so dreadfully exposed against Quitongo at Palmerston.  Our goalkeeper can also move now which is another positive in our favour.  I'm fairly confident Quitongo won't run riot again this time round.  Even in the last game, although he was ultimately the match-winner, he was mostly anonymous for 85 minutes.

I'm fully aware he will score a hattrick now.

I am one of Queens loopier fans who will go to extraordinary lengths to see my beloved team. However, Morton away (from Edinburgh) falls into the ‘sometimes’ category, and to learn the ticketing is a shambles weakens the resolve. I’ll go anyway, it’s an affliction I can’t help, but there are bound to be others who simply don’t bother.

As to the game, if Quitongo isn’t playing we have a better chance, but with little between the teams, anything can happen...

Dobbie again to be the difference.

I'm in no way having a pop at The Messiah but I'm not sure he's been the difference in many league games so far. He's only scored against Falkirk. I wouldn't know his assist stats though. And since his return I don't think he's even scored against Morton.

He's long overdue a goal against them (and any one other than Falkirk in the league) so hopefully he comes good on Saturday.

What's with that mental ticket set-up? Why are they penalising fans who don't turn up 2 hours early? Seems a bit ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

I am one of Queens loopier fans who will go to extraordinary lengths to see my beloved team. However, Morton away (from Edinburgh) falls into the ‘sometimes’ category,

It's an hour and a half by car or public transport from Edinburgh. If that's your limit then you're doing absolutely nothing 'extraordinary' and can safely get off your cross about it. 

Can't see Jai starting. With a 2 1/2 week break coming up after this game, I can see Duffy resting him for the next couple of weeks to make sure he is fully fit for the Pars game on the 21st. 

Playing him while not 100% is too risky as it could put him out for 4-6 weeks minimum and we need him fit. 

Can see McHugh and Oliver up top as they looked pretty dangerous in the second half against the skunks!

Losing this will leave us 4-5 points off 4th so a win is a must.

A game we are more than capable of winning but it is the type of fixture in the last couple of seasons we have been fairly comfortably sworded without performing that badly. Hopefully Dobbs has ended his mini drought last week and the goals will start flowing. 

Our record against our principal rivals continues to be poor - played 5 drawn 2 lost 3. This is a continuation of the trend from last season although I have to say that we should have claimed a much better haul of points from these 5 games. We have better squad this season but we cannot keep under achieving in these key games. There was a while when we lost to Ton at Palmy with monotonous regularity( usually with Peter Weatherson running riot) but invariably turned the tables at Cappielow. We really need to go all out for win tomorrow and reverse this unwelcome trend.

playing on grass gives us a goal start.

Age of QOS forward line add another.

Fu$$ up at back 2_1

Reciprocal agreement 2-2

well look on the good side 4 goals and both extend unbeaten run.

On Jai no chance but Olies back.

We're getting into must win territory for games like this if we're to stay in touch of the top four. At the moment the only reason to be hopeful that we're going to start winning enough to do so is looking at how we've improved in the second quarter in the last two seasons rather than any indication in recent performances that we're on the brink of clicking.

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Morton will be tierd after raising their game last week so should be an easy away win for QOS . 

It seems the waterworks repairs at the Midden's training complex have spread to the supporters.

Today is a must not lose for both teams. Didn't manage Palmerston last week but did see Morton play very well against the league leaders, so unless we play to our best we will be lucky to get anything from this game. But looking forward to it as Cappielow, like Tynecastle, is one of my favourite grounds to visit. The main drawback for those travelling by car is going to be the parking problem, which Morton have warned fans about. Better if you can to use the train. Hopefully Queens can turn it on and come away with at least a point.

Archived