Morton v Queens

Highlights - 

I don't mean to be too harsh as presumably it is put together by volunteers just like most things at this level, and having any highlights at all is a huge improvement from just a few years ago.  Those are pretty pish highlights though.  Bit of a minter for Morton that bumpkins like ourselves can knock together a far superior highlights package given we only got electricity for the first time last week.
Brownlie's assist for Dobbie's goal is tremendous.  Hard to tell from the highlights exactly what happened for our second, but it's pleasing to score a scrappy one like that because I've seen us concede goals along those lines too many times in the past.  The penalty looks pretty soft from that angle but the clip doesn't really tell us much, and none of our fans that were at the game seemed to protest it too much on here.

At time I didn’t think it was a penalty, but some around did. There wasn’t much complaint from queens players, but watching it back he’s wrong side of mchugh

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

At time I didn’t think it was a penalty, but some around did. There wasn’t much complaint from queens players, but watching it back he’s wrong side of mchugh

The fact there's no complaint from Kerr is pretty telling. There was also no suggestion afterward from any of the players or coaching staff that it was harsh.

I dont really see much wrong with the highlights to be honest other than them not including either the handball shout on Barr in the second half or Dobbie hitting the bar in the last minute. I think its shared footage with Morton. It may even be our filming for some of it. I expect Motdwannabe will confirm.

16 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

That’s true but it looked like a classic dropnhope from the video to me. Minimal contact but if the defender gets caught for position and pace like that its always a risk.

Going by the Morton highlights I thought it was a very questionable decision and that McHugh had just 'played the game' in that situation. Going by our highlights I have to say I think it's a blatant dive. Kerr's running pattern doesn't change. If he'd even brushed McHugh then his stride would have even slightly stuttered: it didn't. The angle behind the goal shows McHugh just throw himself down.

Kerr's lack of protest isn't a telling sign that it was a penalty IMO. What use would it be him protesting? And plenty of players protest even when they're clearly in the wrong. McHugh has done the ref there.

Yep those highlights clear a lot up.  Never a penalty, McHugh just throws himself down and the ref buys it.  If your a Morton fan it's clever play, as soon as he gets wrong side of Kerr he knows if he goes down the referee will probably give the foul.  If your a Queens fan he's a cheating bassa!  It's very similar to the one Rooney gave away against Stenhousemuir in the League Cup, except in that instance there was contact.

Great striker's instinct from Fordyce to not only get on the original ball, but to then follow up the rebound.  Perhaps when he's finished playing right-back, left-back and centre-back we could give him a run up front!

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Yep those highlights clear a lot up.  Never a penalty, McHugh just throws himself down and the ref buys it.  If your a Morton fan it's clever play, as soon as he gets wrong side of Kerr he knows if he goes down the referee will probably give the foul.  If your a Queens fan he's a cheating bassa!  It's very similar to the one Rooney gave away against Stenhousemuir in the League Cup, except in that instance there was contact.

Sorry but I see pretty clear contact there. Kerr clips his leg as he runs across him. It's more obvious from the Main Stand footage than the behind the goal one which makes it look like he takes another step before going down. I don't think he does, it's just the angle of the camera makes it look like it.

It's definitely a penalty for me and like I said before, there was pretty much universal acceptance from our players, including the guilty party, that it was a penalty.

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Sorry but I see pretty clear contact there. Kerr clips his leg as he runs across him. It's more obvious from the Main Stand footage than the behind the goal one which makes it look like he takes another step before going down. I don't think he does, it's just the angle of the camera makes it look like it.

It's definitely a penalty for me and like I said before, there was pretty much universal acceptance from our players, including the guilty party, that it was a penalty.

Still think its the football equivalent of one of those staged car crashes where a car pulls in front of you then slams on the brakes. It might be a penalty but we dont need to like the way it happened.

On 06/11/2017 at 11:15, Colkitto said:

Dougie Rae is a huge fan of Duffy and the fact that he's had a contract extension means he ain't going anywhere. 

I don't believe Duffy should be sacked, but there is no doubt that he failed to bring in the players required for this season. The current crop are fine but we are woefully short on defensive cover and have no real width in the team. Duffy has tried Jai out wide and has now brought in young Tiffs.

This should have been addressed before the season started and many of us had concerns  even in the pre-season games, but nothing was done.  For me the lack of width has more than anything hindered our progress this season. 

What happened to the loan market?  A young development squad player from Celtic who hasn't played a minute of first team action was the full extent of our loan market dealings.

Was the budget from last season increased? If so, has it been used properly? Do we still have room to bring players in? Why no outfield loan players this season? 

Duffy said he would assess the playing squad after the first quarter. Has he mentioned if he's happy with what we currently have or does he want to bring anyone else in?   

If you really knew what was going on at Morton you'd know that Dougie is now effectively retired for reasons of health. 

The old fella won't be making any more big decisions about anything.

56 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

If you really knew what was going on at Morton you'd know that Dougie is now effectively retired for reasons of health. 

The old fella won't be making any more big decisions about anything.

Who writes his programme notes? 

5 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Bollocks.

Rae stepped down from Golden Casket for very good reasons. He's not a man who wanted to retire. I'm just not willing to divulge what remains, to a degree, private information. It comes from an absolutely watertight source, and it'll become public knowledge in due course.

Rae stepped down from Golden Casket for very good reasons. He's not a man who wanted to retire. I'm just not willing to divulge what remains, to a degree, private information. It comes from an absolutely watertight source, and it'll become public knowledge in due course.

I'm not debating he's stepped down. I'm insisting he'll still be the one dictating his programme notes.

Archived