Morton v Queens

This will be another hard game.

Morton are a good side especially at home 

Morton with Quitongo have one of the best players in the league his goal at Palmy was one of the best I have seen.

We just can't go with McFadden wide left he has no pace we have to try and get someone with pace to mark Quitongo.Murray could maybe do the job .

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Northfield 53 said:

Morton with Quitongo have one of the best players in the league his goal at Palmy was one of the best I have seen.

We just can't go with McFadden wide left he has no pace we have to try and get someone with pace to mark Quitongo.Murray could maybe do the job .

If Quitongo plays wide it will be wide left which is already Murray's side not McFadden's. We have 7 pts from 9 in games McFadden has started (albeit he went off injured in the first half last week). I wouldnt be desperate to leave him out.

41 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

What's the problem with tickets?Buying one when I am there but what's the big problem?

Two issues. They use newly installed electronic turnstiles which you need to buy a ticket outside before going to the turnstile (in that respect no different from us) BUT:

1 - They have been experiencing long queues for whatever reason so far so there's going to be a delay in matchday purchases.

2 - Morton charge £18 for an adult up to 1pm on matchday and £20 after that. So if you are buying an adult ticket and not going to be at the ground before 1pm then it's more expensive. This only affects Adults as far as I am aware. I don't think the pricing is changed for concessions and kids.

We have a supply of tickets from Morton received on Friday and sold some yesterday. They will remain on sale at the Club Shop in the Arena in working hours this week up to Friday afternoon for those able to buy there ahead of time.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

I agree a very tough game away from home. But I think they will find it tough as well we on the back of a couple of wins and they have been dropping points so it could well be a long afternoon for both teams. At least the team is creating chances and we are scoring goals, with the goals equally shared out amongst most of the team. There is optimism there. Dobbie again to be the difference.

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Two issues. They use newly installed electronic turnstiles which you need to buy a ticket outside before going to the turnstile (in that respect no different from us) BUT:

1 - They have been experiencing long queues for whatever reason so far so there's going to be a delay in matchday purchases.

2 - Morton charge £18 for an adult up to 1pm on matchday and £20 after that. So if you are buying an adult ticket and not going to be at the ground before 1pm then it's more expensive. This only affects Adults as far as I am aware. I don't think the pricing is changed for concessions and kids.

We have a supply of tickets from Morton received on Friday and sold some yesterday. They will remain on sale at the Club Shop in the Arena in working hours this week up to Friday afternoon for those able to buy there ahead of time.

They’ve ditched the additional £2 as a “goodwill gesture” :lol: for now so it should just be £18. Unless Queen’s have been told otherwise? 

Advice to any away supporters without tickets is to get there early as there is always a huge queue at kick off for the ticket office. 

Just now, Scosha said:

They’ve ditched the additional £2 as a “goodwill gesture” :lol: for now so it should just be £18. Unless Queen’s have been told otherwise? 

Advice to any away supporters without tickets is to get there early as there is always a huge queue at kick off for the ticket office. 

We have been told directly by Morton it will be £20 if bought after 1pm on matchday.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

If Quitongo plays wide it will be wide left which is already Murray's side not McFadden's. We have 7 pts from 9 in games McFadden has started (albeit he went off injured in the first half last week). I wouldnt be desperate to leave him out.

I am not desperate to leave him out but Quitongo will definitely play up against McFadden.Quitongo will get by McFadden every time .McFadden has some really nice touches but has no pace.Surprised Falkirk did not switch there young winger to McFadden side.

Loads of both home and away fans turning up at the same time to buy tickets, and that is usually with 10-15 mins before kick off. They then need to join another queue for people who already have season tickets/Fan cards so further delay.

For the game, tough one to call. Our home record isn't great and we certainly have struggled to break teams down. I can't imagine QOTS with come and play 10 behind the ball so should be an open affair and there won't be much in it.

Quitongo def didn't look 100% on Sat so will be interesting to see if he makes it. Thought Oliver looked like getting back to his best on  and McHugh caused problems when he came on so wouldn't be surprised if he went with those 2 if Jai is not 100%.

Could do with Tidser back as much as Harkins did ok filling in.

Would be tempted to play Tiffoney again as he did give us some natural width and pace and thought he had a decent game.

2-1 Oliver and McHugh.

I'll be surprised if Quitongo makes it.  He's obviously got a problem with his hamstring injury and pulled up early in the match at Paisley and subsequently subbed.

McHugh and Oliver combined well on Saturday so could be our front 2 for this game.  Don't think Tidser will start either but could make the bench.

Tiffs did reasonably well also so I can see him keeping his place too. 

The new entry system is appalling.  Who turns up at Cappielow before 1pm?  The turnstiles aren't even open at that time.  If the club had any sense they would ensure they have at least half a dozen staff selling tickets and also drop the surcharge.  It's almost as if they want to drive away occasional attenders.  To get an online ticket you need to buy a fan card and it's one fan card per person so you can't take along a friend and just add their ticket to your own card.  Utter clusterfuck of a system.  This Saturday is the first time the surcharge has been added because there was such an outcry at the appalling and non-functioning website - Interstadia are a two bit outfit who appear to be using ZX81s to run their system.  State of the art it is not.  An inflexible system that should be binned.  There must be better ways to do it, using phone apps or tickets that can be printed out at home.  Heads should roll for this abortion of a system.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

The new entry system is appalling.  Who turns up at Cappielow before 1pm?  The turnstiles aren't even open at that time.  If the club had any sense they would ensure they have at least half a dozen staff selling tickets and also drop the surcharge.  It's almost as if they want to drive away occasional attenders.  To get an online ticket you need to buy a fan card and it's one fan card per person so you can't take along a friend and just add their ticket to your own card.  Utter clusterfuck of a system.  This Saturday is the first time the surcharge has been added because there was such an outcry at the appalling and non-functioning website - Interstadia are a two bit outfit who appear to be using ZX81s to run their system.  State of the art it is not.  An inflexible system that should be binned.  There must be better ways to do it, using phone apps or tickets that can be printed out at home.  Heads should roll for this abortion of a system.

It was used for the league game against Livingston.

7 hours ago, Alibi said:

Crawford Rae is the stadium director.

We have been told directly by Morton it will be £20 if bought after 1pm on matchday.

Last week I walked past Red Bull Leipzig's stadium. I may be wrong but I think I could watch Bayern there for less!!

Archived