The Red Lichties vs Honest Men

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely you can't solely blame Hutton for the first when Shanks ends up clean through without anything sublime happening. Yes it seemed to go through him a bit but you can't be letting that situation happen as easily as it did.

In terms of the second, there was definitely danger. We were in behind (which we had been quite a few times by then) with attackers in the box. I didn't quite see what happened but I presumed Hutton was parrying it out but it hit the defender and went in. A total stramash but again I'm not sure it's a goalkeeping howler.

(I've just realised you weren't as scathing towards the keeper as others have been).

I’ve seen the goals back.

They’re on our Instagram. The first one was poor, it was right at him he doesn’t seem to spread himself at all and just falls on his knees, ball goes through his left hand and dribbles in.

The second one is the worst, a cross comes in that really should be dealt with comfortably, doesn’t hold it for some reason pushing it in off of our defender running back.

They 2 absolutely killed us. Third cant really blame him too much the guy had a free hit from the edge of the box, wasn’t the best shot though and if it was at the other end I’d have fancied Hart to probably get it.

Fourth is very bad, it wasn’t at his chest, right at him on his knees and hits off his right hand/knee into the net, paper wrists.

Almost like not having a keeper for 2 of them and for the second one we would’ve fared better off if he actually wasn’t in the goals. [emoji23]

Body language was horrendous today it comes across watching it back, I think the Ayr fans really got to him and on his back today. Looked like he would’ve preferred to have been anywhere but in that goal. Felt sorry for him after the second tbh. Not surprised to hear he was moaning about the fans behind the goals, what sort of response he was expecting from Geggan is anyone’s guess though.

Didn’t say anything about the penalty after the game as I wasn’t so sure, definitely not one in my opinion. Ref done well.

On a slow mo the second goal is still poor but not as bad as I had initially thought, slightly unlucky but not great goalkeeping. 4th one looks even worse slowed down however.

Didn’t say anything about the penalty after the game as I wasn’t so sure, definitely not one in my opinion. Ref done well.

On a slow mo the second goal is still poor but not as bad as I had initially thought, slightly unlucky but not great goalkeeping. 4th one looks even worse slowed down however.

Never a penalty, but docherty dives to buy a foul that should never have been given.

Jordan Hart had a better game than I thought. Well played young man, that double save in the first half was absolutely outstanding.

We really missed a poacher in and around the six yard box in the first half. It's worrying that we seem to completely go to sleep for 5 mins when the opposition score. That's happened at least 3 times this season and in back to back weeks. Can't help that Hutton keeps making basic errors. I wish he was good but unfortunately he's not. We were exposed on the flanks for at least 2 of the goals but 3 out of the 4 were very poor to lose. Played some great football today though and far better than last week but we need to be harder to break down and need to concede less goals than shots on target!

Didn’t manage up today but losing several goals in short bursts is becoming an alarming weakness (3x in the last 4 games). Often this seems to follow a spell when we’ve been in the ascendancy. Maybe getting a bit too anxious to rectify things or maybe a lack of concentration. We need a bit of fortitude and mental resilience plus maybe something tactical to boot

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Surely you can't solely blame Hutton for the first when Shanks ends up clean through without anything sublime happening. Yes it seemed to go through him a bit but you can't be letting that situation happen as easily as it did.

In terms of the second, there was definitely danger. We were in behind (which we had been quite a few times by then) with attackers in the box. I didn't quite see what happened but I presumed Hutton was parrying it out but it hit the defender and went in. A total stramash but again I'm not sure it's a goalkeeping howler.

(I've just realised you weren't as scathing towards the keeper as others have been).

Would you have been happy with your goalie conceding some of these goals? Of course Ayr were gonna create some chances football would be pretty boring if defences were on top all the time but you gotta hope your goalies gonna deal with the bread and butter stuff and this was just the latest in some poor goalkeeping from Hutton lately, he does and can pull off some great saves but his errors are costing us dear just now and his confidence is shot. 

13 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Hutton should of 100% done better with 3 of the 4 goals, looked a stone wall penalty at time but less so after highlights, have to start taking chances when on top and stop having absolute meltdown 5-10 minute spells

Easy to criticise Hutton for his mistakes but the defence have to take some responsibilities. Where was O'Brian for the first three goals? The highlights tell the story.

Usual excellent highlights from Ayr. Always helps when opposition keeper throws you 3 goals. 1 and 4 went straight through him. Never a penalty. Both players watching ball in air and ran into each other. Wasn't even a free kick. If we keep Shankland we have a great chance of winning this league. That front 3 are terrific together and will only get better with time.

I will reiterate what some of my fellow Ayr fans have said about Arbroath. They were excellent at Somerset earlier in season and, with a bit more luck in front of goal, would have buried us in 1st half yesterday. If they can sort out the defensive blunders they will be definite play-off contenders. Wouldn't fancy playing them in play-offs if I am being honest as we have been 2nd best in both games.

49 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Easy to criticise Hutton for his mistakes but the defence have to take some responsibilities. Where was O'Brian for the first three goals? The highlights tell the story.

One decent result for your mob and now you know it all.:)

Archived