Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Clearly Hartley not happy with him and Austin. The problem with them both is you never really know what you are going to get when they play. All that aside I still would play them both.

I'd certainly always start hippo as he's always likely to do that something special . Austin to me though isnt anywhere near good enough at the moment.  Falls over far too easily and couldn't hit a coos ass with a banjo at the moment. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Totally agree. They had all the nonsense before the Leicester vs Everton game on Sunday and the commentator said they were doing it early "because they don't have another home game nearer the time." Whit?! If you don't have a home game next weekend then you don't need to mark it at all.

It's become pure marketing and it's a bit disgusting tbh.

I always give a few coins to the old guys collecting in supermarkets if I can but the reality is that there are very few survivors of WW2 left and the great majority of veterans served in end of Empire colonial conflicts or the political adventures such as Iraq and Afghanistan which really had nothing to do with defending this country.

The Government should shoulder the responsibility of looking after the welfare of its damaged cannon fodder and the public should mark Armistice Day in quiet dignity or not at all if that is your personal feeling, flag waving events and crocodile tears from the High and Mighty of the land do nothing to help those in need.

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I always give a few coins to the old guys collecting in supermarkets if I can but the reality is that there are very few survivors of WW2 left and the great majority of veterans served in end of Empire colonial conflicts or the political adventures such as Iraq and Afghanistan which really had nothing to do with defending this country.

The Government should shoulder the responsibility of looking after the welfare of its damaged cannon fodder and the public should mark Armistice Day in quiet dignity or not at all if that is your personal feeling, flag waving events and crocodile tears from the High and Mighty of the land do nothing to help those in need.

Seems to me we're making a mountain out of a molehill complaining about a minutes silence.  Frankly all I'm bothered about is winning the feckin match.  Its hardly a burden keeping your mouth shut for a minute once a year.  At least its not the clapping we get week in week out these days because somebody like wee johnny needs a new feckin kidney or something .

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems to me we're making a mountain out of a molehill complaining about a minutes silence.  Frankly all I'm bothered about is winning the feckin match.  Its hardly a burden keeping your mouth shut for a minute once a year.  At least its not the clapping we get week in week out these days because somebody like wee johnny needs a new feckin kidney or something .

No issue with a minutes' silence really but the whole rigmarole at Falkirk takes about ten minutes. Total overkill.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It's a forgotten concept. Who exactly are these displays for? Who do they benefit? Why does this need to be remember over and above the countless other horrors our country has been involved in? What does it have to do with a lower league football game? As Hughsie says above, they kill the atmosphere.

When you get these outbursts at a certain minute in the match they create a distraction (I remember us losing a goal during a minute of applause mid-match for Norrie McCathie). I'm sure he'd have been shaking his head at that one). Like it or not, the poppy and the OTT stuff about "fallen heroes" does have a big following with the right wing (and I'm not talking Higgy or Ryzo) , Brexity, send 'em home brigade so clubs really should think about pulling back from all this. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It just all blurs into one to the point that it lessens the impact to the point of white noise. 

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Its the 10 min ceremony and the pipe band makes it feel like  its who has the best decorated house in Boness at the gala day.

Ive nothing against 1 min silence or clapping for a min, tho the latter requires more effort.

On the game, I do have a little bit of fear for us as I thought a few week ago that it is great that the players are taking on the Hartley approach of him telling the players he wants y and z when they are only producing x but when its not going for us like Saturday, we could see players down tools with players not happy with the demands Hartley has, especially where we have a virtual squad out of contract in the summer.

All too early to judge now but our players now are not on the holiday camp we had with our previous regime.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Its the 10 min ceremony and the pipe band makes it feel like  its who has the best decorated house in Boness at the gala day.

Ive nothing against 1 min silence or clapping for a min, tho the latter requires more effort.

On the game, I do have a little bit of fear for us as I thought a few week ago that it is great that the players are taking on the Hartley approach of him telling the players he wants y and z when they are only producing x but when its not going for us like Saturday, we could see players down tools with players not happy with the demands Hartley has, especially where we have a virtual squad out of contract in the summer.

All too early to judge now but our players now are not on the holiday camp we had with our previous regime.

We do that bit more due to the McCrae battalion link. Frankly if it offends anyone just turn up at the last minute and you'll miss it all anyway. In my experience you usually get a huge big cheer once the minutes silence is over so I dont really see how it destroys the atmosphere.

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We do that bit more due to the McCrae battalion link. Frankly if it offends anyone just turn up at the last minute and you'll miss it all anyway. In my experience you usually get a huge big cheer once the minutes silence is over so I dont really see how it destroys the atmosphere.

If its because of the link to McCrae Battalion, why have we never went OTT with previously ?

Our board sucking up to Rangers over a period ?

Im not offended either way, I think its a disgrace that we cant do a minute silence for anything tbh either if you believe or not in the event, a minute is nothing to give up.  We have become OTT overnight with remembrance tho, when previously we have done the normal that every club does other than Rangers. We kicked off last season about 5 mins later than norm due to it

I wont see it anyhoo, I'll be watching via Falkirk Tv in Portugal

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If its because of the link to McCrae Battalion, why have we never went OTT with previously ?

Our board sucking up to Rangers over a period ?

Im not offended either way, I think its a disgrace that we cant do a minute silence for anything tbh either if you believe or not in the event, a minute is nothing to give up.  We have become OTT overnight with remembrance tho, when previously we have done the normal that every club does other than Rangers. We kicked off last season about 5 mins later than norm due to it

I wont see it anyhoo, I'll be watching via Falkirk Tv in Portugal

The club have a charity partnership with Legion Scotland. I don't know who initiated that partnership but if they contacted us it's perfectly reasonable for FFC to do everything we can to assist them. I've spoken to some of the veterans who participate and they're locals who're very proud to be associated with the club. Is it really such an issue that we give them five minutes of our time once a year?

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The club have a charity partnership with Legion Scotland. I don't know who initiated that partnership but if they contacted us it's perfectly reasonable for FFC to do everything we can to assist them. I've spoken to some of the veterans who participate and they're locals who're very proud to be associated with the club. Is it really such an issue that we give them five minutes of our time once a year?

Its not an issue but we dont go OTT like that with any other event/charity pre game or have in the past other than two last days at Brockville, also there is the link with one of the evil twins of Scottish football due to it.

I won't be there, so will miss the huge bed shitting we'll surely turn in, and the resulting defeat.

Glad I'll be missing all the poppy bollocks. What a load of shite for absolute p***ks.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

When you get these outbursts at a certain minute in the match they create a distraction (I remember us losing a goal during a minute of applause mid-match for Norrie McCathie).

And sadly that was exactly the scenario when we lost the first goal in the Cup Final, 35th minute applauding Craig Gowans retired jersey number. 

And sadly that was exactly the scenario when we lost the first goal in the Cup Final, 35th minute applauding Craig Gowans retired jersey number. 

The Craig Gowans thing was when Hughes was manager in the 2009 cup final, his Dad lead the team out. We lost the goal in the 46th minute that day.

Wee Boaby the bib and cone man lead the team out 2015.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The Craig Gowans thing was when Hughes was manager in the 2009 cup final, his Dad lead the team out. We lost the goal in the 46th minute that day.

Wee Boaby the bib and cone man lead the team out 2015.

You've misread that. There was a minute's applause for Gowans in the 37th minute in the final against Caley, and they scored halfway through it.

You've misread that. There was a minute's applause for Gowans in the 37th minute in the final against Caley, and they scored halfway through it.

Don’t remember that on the day TBH.

A day of my life I would actually like to blot out. Fuckin Jamie McDonald

38 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t remember that on the day TBH.

A day of my life I would actually like to blot out. Fuckin Jamie McDonald

Yeah, Rugster's memory on this is good, a wee bit sharper than yours in this case BPM. Unfortunately, I remember both 09 and 15 far more clearly than I'd like to... Wish I could blot them out too!

And for me, it's actually "Fuckin McCracken" first & foremost; captain's responsibility to deal with it way up at the half way line ...but let's not drag all that up again!

Archived