Poet of the Macabre

Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

If it wasn' done on the cheap then why is the 'stand opposite the main stand not the same as the ones behind the goals. Both it and the main stand stand still have stantions holding the roof up which is a nonsense in this day and age.

There was no need to make the North Stand any bigger - the capacity of East End is already around 12,000 which is far too big anyway. If the 10,000 seat rule hadn't been in place I may have just made the stands behind the goals the same height as the North Stand actually, perhaps filling in the corners and had an intimate 7,000 ground which would have been nearly full quite a few times and created a great atmosphere I reckon. The Main Stand only has 2 thin pillars and there's no easy way to put up a cantilever or goalposts style roof without doing all sorts of damage to the street behind and houses opposite and businesses alongside. It's not that hard to figure out really. FWIW I like the Main Stand at TFS (from the outside at least!). Anyway, has this remembrance shite finished yet?

According to Sky sports lining up like this:

sky sports.jpeg

Edited by AL0011

Refs been murder. Only decision he got right was the pen.  Higginbottom still on the park having kicked Dunne in the head. Shocking stuff.

What a stinking 45 mins of football - we are absolutely honking- hippo more honking than the rest admittedly, why on earth is he being given another chance on the right after being so poor there last week?  Stupid mistake from Dunne to give away the pen and admittedly he's not looked too great today.  We have no creativity and look like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time - something needs to change at half time.  

also, how the feck is that wee p***k Higginbotham still on the park - I can't remember him being such a filthy player when he was with us? 

Edited by some_guy

Refs been murder. Only decision he got right was the pen.  Higginbottom still on the park having kicked Dunne in the head. Shocking stuff.

Kick in the head? Yep definitely happened. Definitely.

3 minutes ago, DBA said:

Kick in the head? Yep definitely happened. Definitely.

It' right in front of where I sit. Should'e been a second yellow at least. 

I don' know what happened to higginbottom since he left us. He seems to have traded his footballing ability for kicking folk. Wouldn' say boo to a goose when with us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Yer man Williamson looks absolutely tremendous. Stonewall penalty. Higginbotham is a rodent. We have no creativity in midfield at all and it's the reason we could be relegated.

Pretty even game so far imo. Dunne was unlucky with the penalty he didn’t really mean the challenge but it was a stonewall penalty. That’s been pretty much the only chance of what’s been an incredibly scrappy game.

Craig Thomson trying to let a lot go but think he’s just too much. Joe Cardle should’ve been off for kicking out at Muirhead off the ball with both on the ground.

Dunne has not been at it today but he’s going to have games like this and Hippo again doesn’t look confident over on the right.

Big improvement needed to get something from the game.

Ref has been poor but he got the Higginbotham call spot on - the Falkirk guy had his head low, Higginbotham had his feet high but not dangerously so and there was little contact if any. The guy was back on the park straight away and didn't need any treatment. Hippolyte kicking the ball away then questioning why the ref was talking to him was very amusing. Quite an even game though, both keepers have been called into making saves which is a bit of a rarity for a Pars away game. Falkirk look pretty dangerous from set pieces and we're putting their defence under pressure which they are not happy with at all. Cardle did really well for the penalty by nipping in to get a toe on the ball and it was a calm finish putting the keeper the wrong way. Wedderburn playing quite well too which is pleasing.

If it wasn' done on the cheap then why is the 'stand opposite the main stand not the same as the ones behind the goals. Both it and the main stand stand still have stantions holding the roof up which is a nonsense in this day and age.

If the Main stand wasn't biggest it wouldn't be the Main stand. Nonsense in this day and age? No, they were built when Falkirk were letting Brockville rot.

It' right in front of where I sit. Should'e been a second yellow at least.

Your man is leaning down with his head below chest height - never a yellow.