Poet of the Macabre

Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

Heading to elliots the now. I will see you fife c***s on the Graham road.

Not really I have my 8 year old with me today and he thinks he's going to a Boca juniors vs river plate esque match after telling him how massive this derby is.

Poor boy

How many games this season have Dunfermline fans posted on here that they've heard or seen their own support dishing out racial abuse? At least 3?

Shut up honky

20 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's no bucket seats in the North West, or North East. With eyesight like yours they could build anything, apparently you won't be able to see it.

It's a done on the cheap job whatever it is. Is there no plans to finish off the stadium properly and replace that and the main stand which must be about the same age as the old one at Brockville.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's a done on the cheap job whatever it is. Is there no plans to finish off the stadium properly and replace that and the main stand which must be about the same age as the old one at Brockville.

Aye, let's spend a whole load of cash that we don't have on making stadium changes that aren't needed. That worked well the last time.

From what I remember, are the main and north stands not just what's been there since Alex Ferguson was a player there, just with a bit of white cladding fitted over the top when they built the Norrie? Biggest loss were the giant floodlights*, the type where you could be in places like Cairneyhill and know there was a game on in the winter months / evenings.

*Only place I ever see them now are at Pittodrie and Nottingham Forest... maybe Somerset Park.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Beautiful morning and we need to kick start with a win at some point.

Has the smog cleared from the oil  refineries ?

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye, let's spend a whole load of cash that we don't have on making stadium changes that aren't needed. That worked well the last time.

Exactly the reason we give when we get the when you finishing your stadium off or 3 stands pish from pars fans. We've built 3 new stands and you've built two. No point in adding to that unless its financially viable.

9 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Has the smog cleared from the oil  refineries ?

How very last century. We no longer refine hydrocarbons due to the Scottish Environmental Act of 2013 brought in by the SNP as part of the Scottish commitment to meet climate change targets. Grangemouth now refines electricity. The flares were retained for the tourists and serve no real purpose.

As previously mentioned, it's not a done on the cheap anything - new concrete, new foundations, new roof and cladding (albeit with the original supports), new front wall and of course seats for the North Stand, new seats, new roof cladding, new frontage, new internal structure with new offices, new hospitality suites (including the boxes), new media room and new ticket office for the Main Stand. And this season we've added a new players gym. It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more than TFS actually and the level of finish inside is a lot nicer than a lot of new grounds (proper brick walls that go all the way up rather than just breeze block and sheeting that stops just above the turnstiles, good disabled facilities including well appointed toilets, individual urinals rather than a metal trough in the gents etc). I'm not a huge fan of new builds and wish we still had a proper terrace on the North Side but I'll defend East End's remodelling all day long. It's one of the better examples of how to comply with the stupid 10,000 seat rule of old and pisses all over other places like St Mirren, Dens and Stark's Park IMO. It's just a shame we don't get the same crowds or passion we used to but that's something that's seen everywhere.

Tl;dr version: East End is magic, wasn't cheap and is miles better than TFS.

PS 2-0 Falkirk on my coupon today.

b7cc5462ac329ce47cc84c907ae49048.jpg
Miller and Longridge starting upfront. Watson in at the back with Ballatoni. Will be interesting to see how this goes..

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As previously mentioned, it's not a done on the cheap anything - new concrete, new foundations, new roof and cladding (albeit with the original supports), new front wall and of course seats for the North Stand, new seats, new roof cladding, new frontage, new internal structure with new offices, new hospitality suites (including the boxes), new media room and new ticket office for the Main Stand. And this season we've added a new players gym. It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more than TFS actually and the level of finish inside is a lot nicer than a lot of new grounds (proper brick walls that go all the way up rather than just breeze block and sheeting that stops just above the turnstiles, good disabled facilities including well appointed toilets, individual urinals rather than a metal trough in the gents etc). I'm not a huge fan of new builds and wish we still had a proper terrace on the North Side but I'll defend East End's remodelling all day long. It's one of the better examples of how to comply with the stupid 10,000 seat rule of old and pisses all over other places like St Mirren, Dens and Stark's Park IMO. It's just a shame we don't get the same crowds or passion we used to but that's something that's seen everywhere.

Tl;dr version: East End is magic, wasn't cheap and is miles better than TFS.

PS 2-0 Falkirk on my coupon today.

If it wasn' done on the cheap then why is the 'stand opposite the main stand not the same as the ones behind the goals. Both it and the main stand stand still have stantions holding the roof up which is a nonsense in this day and age.

Thomson

Muirhead-Watson-Balatoni-McGhee

Dunne-McKee-Kerr-Hippolyte

Miller-Longridge

Subs: Mutch, Gasparotto, Craigen, Harris, O'Hara, Loy, Austin

I’d imagine we’ll be:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Balatoni
McGhee

Kerr
Taiwo

Longridge
Hippo
Dunne

Miller

Be interesting to see how the defence gets on although I’m glad Gallacher is out. Quite happy that it’s Watson in instead of Gasparotto as well.

Though Cardle starting again is giving me the fear.

According to the BBC this game is “known locally as The Kincardine derby”. 

WTF????

Anyone ever sat in Elliot’s and said, “right chaps, that’s me off to the Kincardine derby”...   

Maybe best tell the BBC that Yogi ain’t our manager any more

I hope this is 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-4-2, Miller is a good target man and can be used to link up with the 3 behind him as long as they try to push forward - Thomson and Watson worry me but at least it's not Luca!