Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

20 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

As I understand it, Sheils lost his eye due to complications from a childhood accident, he wasn’t  born disabled, it could even be Sheils own fault that he has one eye.

The only way Ohara should get a 8 match ban is if he did a Beatrix Kiddo and plucked out Sheils other eye and squashed it under his feet.

When did sticks and stones ........... cease to be relevant. 

Put it one way if your needing help putting up wallpaper hes not your man.

If I was Mckee I would be booting anything that moves on Saturday if an 8 game bans looming anyway.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm appalled at the whole story and we can add this episode to the shame caused by the morons who make gas type noises. I don't dislike Dunfermline FC any more than many other clubs in Scotland but try to enjoy the rivalry. Admittedly, in the last 3 matches against them, their players have been disgraceful in terms of dirty tactics and winding up our supporters, but O'Hara 's behaviour tops that.  This fixture is becoming more and more toxic and I fear what will happen on 2 January. On the Falkirk side, hopefully Hartley and Nicholl will have the players pre-warned. Don't know about Johnston though. 

2 minutes ago, Ellonbairn said:

I'm appalled at the whole story and we can add this episode to the shame caused by the morons who make gas type noises. I don't dislike Dunfermline FC any more than many other clubs in Scotland but try to enjoy the rivalry. Admittedly, in the last 3 matches against them, their players have been disgraceful in terms of dirty tactics and winding up our supporters, but O'Hara 's behaviour tops that.  This fixture is becoming more and more toxic and I fear what will happen on 2 January. On the Falkirk side, hopefully Hartley and Nicholl will have the players pre-warned. Don't know about Johnston though. 

Christ it doesnt take much to appall you . You'll hear worse in your local school playground,

8 games is excessive but he deserves a ban. If there a spectrum of abuse you can dish out I doubt this would be at the more extreme end, but it's still unacceptable.

The game on the 2nd could be wild. We are fucking Falkirk [emoji109]

As I understand it, Sheils lost his eye due to complications from a childhood accident, he wasn’t  born disabled, it could even be Sheils own fault that he has one eye.
The only way Ohara should get a 8 match ban is if he did a Beatrix Kiddo and plucked out Sheils other eye and squashed it under his feet.
When did sticks and stones ........... cease to be relevant. 

So, if someone loses a leg in an accident, they’re not disabled and it’s completely ok to mock them for it, because it could be their own fault? Your logic is seriously flawed here.

I realise that Shiels’ disability is not as serious as losing a leg. However, it is still a disability and he should be able to do his job, without discrimination or abuse because of his disability. I’m sure if you, or a friend/relative were to become disabled, you’d be more than happy to receive abuse for this at work?

Banter and winding opponents up is part of the game, but mocking a disability is not.

As for the length of the ban, why would you deem abusing somebody for a disability less severe than racial abuse? Remember, this was brought to the SFA’s attention by the match officials. We have no idea what was actually said.

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ it doesnt take much to appall you . You'll hear worse in your local school playground,

Doesn't make it acceptable. So you're happy mocking the tragic death of someone  and someone who has a disability.

8 minutes ago, Ellonbairn said:

Doesn't make it acceptable. So you're happy mocking the tragic death of someone  and someone who has a disability.

There both seperate issues if you ask me. The norrie one was way out of order but this shiels thing has been blown way out of proportion. As someone else said whats the difference between calling someone a fat or a ginger b to a one eyed b?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

8 games seems like a pretty wild number. Off the top of my head I am unsure of any precedent but I imagine if you look back the list of 8 game bans dished out, there wont be many and they will be for some pretty violent conduct.

Does anyone know what the basis was for this? Its all a bit odd that they waited etc. I am also intrigued to know what evidence exists of wrongdoing o McKees part.

Suarez got 8 games for racist abuse.

There both seperate issues if you ask me. The norrie one was way out of order but this shiels thing has been blown way out of proportion. As someone else said whats the difference between calling someone a fat or a ginger b to a one eyed b?

1. Being fat or ginger isn’t a disability. However, if someone were to be overweight because of a medical condition, then any abuse from someone aware of this would be completely unacceptable.
2. You and I have absolutely no idea what was said, so are in no place to comment on the severity of it.

However, if you want to test this out, why don’t you find someone with a disability at your work (assuming you have a job), abuse them about it for 90 minutes and then see what happens to you. I’m sure, unlike your football club, most employers would be getting staff off of their payroll for that - particularly staff that are classed as ‘professionals’.

For what it’s worth, I also believe that anybody condoning the mocking of Sibbald’s hair, after finding out he has alopecia is out of line.

Archived