Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Photo? Where is this? Not that a photo proves much.

This whole thing is very odd. If they are guilty of excessive misconduct whilst on the pitch and it is the referee who has drawn attention to it then I don't understand:
1 - Why he didn't take any action at the time.
2 - Why they have waited over a month to take the further action. The teams meeting again this week doesn't really wash. So what? They will meet again another twice before the season ends too. If anything that's more reason to deal with it before the game.

These sort of things are difficult at the best of times. If it's verbal abuse then the cameras are unlikely to have caught it unless it was right at the touchline nearest the filming. That means it depends on witness statements and puts team mates in the equation as the only "neutral" is the referee, unless it was also in earshot of one of the other officials.

ohara.jpg.3083e840a8ce790e4e2f7a2755682403.jpg

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

DLkhE9JXkAAAEfY.jpg.1925f1ec03b8f4e8c73e1a51abefedca.jpg

Obviously the ref couldn't see or hear anything at that distance.

*or maybe he was turning a blind eye?

Maybe he has the same affliction as Declan McManus and it was a flawed attempt at the shh! gesture?

C2FEEAEF-D2FA-4A8C-AA70-14A7FDAA4B1A.jpeg

Photos don't look great for O'Hara but without knowing what he actually said, it still doesn't prove anything (though it's possibly decent corroborative evidence to what McLean said he heard). Still can't see any explanation for the referee not taking action at the time if he felt it was excessive though. Maybe he thought about it later when writing his report. Or maybe he actually didn't think it was excessive but has quoted what he heard and someone higher up thought it was excessive when they read it.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Photos don't look great for O'Hara but without knowing what he actually said, it still doesn't prove anything (though it's possibly decent corroborative evidence to what McLean said he heard). Still can't see any explanation for the referee not taking action at the time if he felt it was excessive though. Maybe he thought about it later when writing his report. Or maybe he actually didn't think it was excessive but has quoted what he heard and someone higher up thought it was excessive when they read it.

We'll probably never get a real answer on the delay in citing, or the not taking action at the time, but I think O'Hara is in for a lengthy ban. Not sure of the evidence against McKee other than he said/she said, but O'Hara is fucked based on the photos I think.

21 hours ago, TheBigYa said:

Another odd thing - why are the hearing dates a week apart for the two players? Why on earth wouldn't they be dealt with at the same hearing. O'Hara's case to be heard tomorrow but McKee next week. Is he unavailable this week or something? Presumably that means if case proven O'Hara will start his suspension this weekend against Inverness but McKee will be free to play.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm deep in training for it already. It's just the trips to TFS that fail to entice me away from the warm of the gym/sauna. 

You're definitely in training for a kicking from @Senor Bairn and @Bairnardo going by the photo of your blood stained wankerchief after someone burst your beak the other day. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Even if you don't find the Shiels stuff offensive, how could you possibly find it funny? It's abysmal patter.

Your right its hardly a chuckle its just what happens in the heat of the moment in fitba matches. I'm sure there's been a lot worse in games this season and in previous seasons and yet we seem to be getting singled out once again.

Archived