Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Dunfermline - the team who’s chairman issues a statement to tell them to stop spitting at female ambulance workers, takes the moral high ground.

Is he telling the players or the fans?

Falkirk fans really outdoing themselves here. Even after spending most of this season in a state of permanent rage and sadness, this thread has been a particular highlight. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Sure Myles Hippolyte and Nathan Austin could make a few complaints too.

I would hope they do if they have been subject of racist abuse, nothing of this sort can be tolerated in Scotland.

I would also hope the community around the football club would support him if they felt that they had been exposed to racist abuse. I don't think anyone goes to work expecting to be abused on grounds of their skin colour or anything else, football should be exactly the same.

I still maintain the guy isn't disabled & calling him disabled is a genuine affront to those who face severe difficulties. 

FFS there's some guy on that thread likening his plight to the struggles faced by victims of racism/homophobia. So tell us, Dunfermline fans: in which regions of the world can you face the death penalty for sporting a gless een?

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I still maintain the guy isn't disabled & calling him disabled is a genuine affront to those who face severe difficulties. 

FFS there's some guy on that thread likening his plight to the struggles faced by victims of racism/homophobia. So tell us, Dunfermline fans: in which regions of the world can you face the death penalty for sporting a gless een?

Leishmaniasis

The disease affects some of the poorest people on earth, and is associated with malnutrition, population displacement, poor housing, a weak immune system and lack of financial resources.

27 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Really? He has a disability which is covered by the Criminal Justice act 2003. He may not identify as disabled, but he is protected by law specifically  against discrimination and harassment 

There are worse afflictions of course, however, are we really going to say, you're only an amputee don't complain if someone mocks you because you could have locked in syndrome. No, of course, we aren't. Are we going to say to someone who is gay don't moan about being discriminated against because society is far less understanding of Pansexuals? No, of course, we aren't. Are we going to say to someone an immigrant from Europe don't report racist attacks just be thankful you're white because racist attacks are more frequent on non-white people? No, of course, we aren't.

If you are really concerned about an affront to people who face disabilities then you will devote even a small amount of time to help people who need a helping hand, maybe at TFS?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sorry lads. Jinxed it.

not entirely sure my 'head has gone' I'm just keen to help people understand a section of society which is increasingly marginalised. You did, however, jinx it :thumsup2

15 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

not entirely sure my 'head has gone' I'm just keen to help people understand a section of society which is increasingly marginalised. You did, however, jinx it :thumsup2

Where would you stand about someone who is mocked due to losing his hair because he has alopecia? 

Really? He has a disability which is covered by the Criminal Justice act 2003. He may not identify as disabled, but he is protected by law specifically  against discrimination and harassment 
There are worse afflictions of course, however, are we really going to say, you're only an amputee don't complain if someone mocks you because you could have locked in syndrome. No, of course, we aren't. Are we going to say to someone who is gay don't moan about being discriminated against because society is far less understanding of Pansexuals? No, of course, we aren't. Are we going to say to someone an immigrant from Europe don't report racist attacks just be thankful you're white because racist attacks are more frequent on non-white people? No, of course, we aren't.

If you are really concerned about an affront to people who face disabilities then you will devote even a small amount of time to help people who need a helping hand, maybe at TFS?

eye but naw haw haw

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No need to be a smart arse, it was a reasonable question.

Yes, it was, as far as I know, alopecia isn't a disability, therefore wouldn't carry the same legal protection other disabilities mentioned do.

However, it may depend on what kind of Alopecia a person has the most common type hair loss is very temporary and will re-grow and thicken. However, people shouldn't be mocked at all if we are a decent enough race of people however that is especially pertinent to things we cont control such as Alopecia, 'non-standard' body parts, hair colour, eye colour, complexion. all these don't have any special status within the law but if you descend to personal attacks then you have lost an argument.

For note, people seem genuinely engaging with disability rights and its an interesting discussion although it's a real shame the events leading to it. Falkirk is ranked 11 in the accessibility league table  for Scotland and Dunfermline sits top, however we don't want to be top we want every club to offer the best possible experience for fans with all kinds of access needs, if you feel like you could help either at TFS or EEP I'm sure the respective clubs and Disabled Supporters groups would be very glad to hear from you.  http://scottishdsa.co.uk/accessible-facilities/

Archived