Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

A game of two halves yesterday. 

IMO, Dunfermline were comfortably ahead at the break. Without creating too much, they'd got a goal and restricted Falkirk shots from out with the box. 

Higginbotham deserved his initial yellow; felt second booking was unlucky as it was a 50/50 (if there was an elbow or whatever then fair enough) but he was on a tightrope after a few other njggly fouls. 

Good free kick by McGhee but I still felt the Bairns lacked creativity. I didn't feel under too much pressure tbh and in the end we deserved a point. 

McManus was stupid getting sent off and again, no complaints on that. I honestly feel though that we would have won yesterday had we kept 11 men on the park. 

The best two players for Falkirk were Louis Longridge and Cieran Dunne; was surprised how little affect Austin had after seeing him for my local side East Fife a lot over the past few years.

For more thoughts on yesterday's match, you can read my match report here;

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/05/bairns-battle-back-but-can-only-salvage-a-point/

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

IMO, Dunfermline were comfortably ahead at the break. Without creating too much, they'd got a goal and restricted Falkirk shots from out with the box. 

Higginbotham deserved his initial yellow; felt second booking was unlucky as it was a 50/50 (if there was an elbow or whatever then fair enough) but he was on a tightrope after a few other njggly fouls. 

Good free kick by McGhee but I still felt the Bairns lacked creativity. I didn't feel under too much pressure tbh and in the end we deserved a point. 

McManus was stupid getting sent off and again, no complaints on that. I honestly feel though that we would have won yesterday had we kept 11 men on the park. 

The best two players for Falkirk were Louis Longridge and Cieran Dunne; was surprised how little affect Austin had after seeing him for my local side East Fife a lot over the past few years.

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/05/bairns-battle-back-but-can-only-salvage-a-point/

Good work Burty.

How dare you come on here and interrupt the "it's not a rivalry really" threats and abuse with a football post.
Get in the spirit of things ya Fife clown!

8 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

He was only on the pitch for 9 mins or so and was very unlucky  not to score when the ball hit the post and came back. I'm not sure what you expected from him in that short period of time.

I think it's fair to say that Falkirk have an element of gamesmanship used to win games at all costs. From setting out to niggle our best players or diving to the ridiculous statements made from their ex manager who I believe was perhaps the instigator of it all.

It must be very difficult to play against guys winding you up or moaning to the ref or cheating blatantly.

In the next game we just need to concentrate on playing football as we did at EEP the last time.

If Falkirk fans wonder what I'm going on about....

Kicking crisp packets, trying to churn up the penalty spot at us before a penalty.

Winding up Higgy at every opportunity.

Mark Kerr trying to referee the game and speaking at length to the referee. 

The dive from Hippoltye.

Player yesterday making the most out of a nothing challenge from Higgy acting injured then instantly jumping up and trying to attack him when called on it.

Falkirk players winding up pars fans from the half way line needlessly at eep after winning a game they were never in until the hippo dive.

We are no angels and we need to keep the head. Falkirk were and probably still are a good footballing side with some very good players but have been schooled in the dark arts by Houston or others and look at what happened. A destroyed dressing room and a new manager while being in relegation trouble. Get back to playing the good football you used to and you will be fine.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

I think it's fair to say that Falkirk have an element of gamesmanship used to win games at all costs. From setting out to niggle our best players or diving to the ridiculous statements made from their ex manager who I believe was perhaps the instigator of it all.

It must be very difficult to play against guys winding you up or moaning to the ref or cheating blatantly.

In the next game we just need to concentrate on playing football as we did at EEP the last time.

Kicking crisp packets, trying to churn up the penalty spot at us before a penalty.

The dive from Hippoltye.

Player yesterday making the most out of a nothing challenge from Higgy acting injured then instantly jumping up and trying to attack him when called on it.

Falkirk players winding up pars fans from the half way line needlessly at eep after winning a game they were never in until the hippo dive.

We are no angels and we need to keep the head. Falkirk were and probably still are a good footballing side with some very good players but have been schooled in the dark arts by Houston or others and look at what happened. A destroyed dressing room and a new manager while being in relegation trouble. Get back to playing the good football you used to and you will be fine.

We're no worse than any other team for fecks sake. The problem is that your players are thick enough to fall for it.  Higginbottom for instance was wound up from the start and needs to take a major chill pill. When players prefer to goad the home fans instead of celebrating with their own you can tell their far too hyped up. I can only presume its frustration about getting constantly pumped at our ground that caused it but games like yesterday call for cool heads and not losing the plot.

I agree we should rise above it but no Falkirk are pretty sneaky and worse than any side I've seen so far.

That's two games we have been in control of and cheated out of. One more obviously than the other but still. I don't know why you need to do it as just by playing football was enough before. Something has changed with your play and mentality.

8 minutes ago, Finch road said:

Not a surprise every Falkirk match thread turns to shit when they are all complete wanks

It’s genuinely frightening. The cretin/good guy ratio is worse than any club outside of the Old Firm and Airdrie. I can only think of 4 Falkirk fans on here who aren’t raving lunatics. 

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I agree we should rise above it but no Falkirk are pretty sneaky and worse than any side I've seen so far.

That's two games we have been in control of and cheated out of. One more obviously than the other but still. I don't know why you need to do it as just by playing football was enough before. Something has changed with your play and mentality.

Cheated out of. Are you having a laugh.

The dive from Hippoltye.

Ah, now I understand. It’s Falkirk’s fault that two lunatics in the Dunfermline team cannot keep the head. One of them could have had three reds alone.

Funny bit to me was watching the Higginbotham interview on the Dunfermline website and hearing him talk about how important it is to keep his discipline.

It tells you how good a game it was that very little about the actual game has been discussed.

Falkirk fans must be really confused about Hartley talking up the performance though. They barely created a chance against 10 men, are four points adrift in 9th and have one home league victory in the last nine months. No wonder the home supporters were all absolutely furious throughout the second half on Saturday.

Archived