Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Higginbotham needs help.

He's beyond help. Said it already but it's incredible that he wasn't subbed, he was always going to get himself booked again.

He's turned into a right stupid wee angry ned.

Well that was interesting! Thomson didn't go well at all - let far too much go in the first half (couple of late challenges) then couldn't bring it back in the second. Will have to see the second Higginbotham yellow - on first viewing it didn't look too bad but after the one at the end of the first half and the pressure being put on the ref it was always coming. The second one was a bit daft - McManus reacting to a really cynical challenge and getting the second yellow - but considering Kerr was in the ref's face three or four times trying to get Pars players booked Declan probably thought dissent was fair game. He also correctly booked Aird for kicking the ball away but didn't book Hippolyte for the same thing and twice told Falkirk players to get up after diving without booking them. Not sure what happened when Murdoch blocked it - looked like his foot/leg but there were plenty shouts for handball. If he's our best ref we're in bother.

Quite disappointed with Falkirk - long balls in the last 15 minutes were meat and drink other than that one at the end where we got a bit of luck - and the shooting from distance was awful. 10 men for 35 odd minites and 9 men for the last 5 at a ground we don't have a great record? Take the point and move on. 5 teams only separated by 3 or 4 points at the top now. What a bonkers league.

Racism, homophobia, assault on the pitch... What an utter disgrace this mob are.

Hope all the Bairns fans get home safe with these people in our town.

And yet it's you lot that threw stuff at our players.

Poor from higgy, though thomson certainly allowed Falkirk players to influence the game far too much.

He absolutely lost control of the game after that, for a senior referee it's embarrassing.

Can forgive McManus, even if his first booking was poor I'm not sure he did anything worse than anybody else in that Rammy and you would expect if the typical booking for both sides then why would he pick someone already on a yellow?

The 2nd coming together was a result of a dirty kick on murdoch, how he can't send the man off i have no idea.

As it was a good point. 2 points separating the top 5 this is shaping up to be a great battle at the top of the table.

Maybe slightly less fun for those at the bottom desperately fighting to close the gap to 8th place

He really does. How he keeps getting a game against us I dont know. Its every time and he genuinely is fucking raging. The nick of that today tho..... Really horrible little c**t of a man. Has the club he deserves tbf to him.

Both his challenges were arguably red cards

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Can forgive McManus, even if his first booking was poor I'm not sure he did anything worse than anybody else in that Rammy and you would expect if the typical booking for both sides then why would he pick someone already on a yellow?

The 2nd coming together was a result of a dirty kick on murdoch, how he can't send the man off i have no idea.

Lol at this utter shite. McManus' reaction caused the whole first rammy and was a stick on booking. The 2nd one was a 50-50 loose ball in the box, Miller perfectly entitled to go for it. Wedderburn losing the head and getting himself and Low booked in the aftermath was funny though 

Really should’ve won that today. Dominated the second half (as you’d expect against 10 men) however the final ball just wasn’t there and even with all the pressure we barely forced Murdoch into a meaningful save.

Was a complete turnaround from the game at EEP in terms of heads gone. Cardle should’ve walked in the first half for a kick out at Muirhead and Murdoch should’ve been off in the second half for his ‘save’ from Dunne around 20 yards outside the box still no idea how the officials missed that. In terms of the 2 that were given both were incredibly stupid. Higginbotham after cooly despatching the pen lost the plot first booking for the double tackle on Dunne then the elbow on McKee which really could’ve been a straight red instead of second yellow. McManus was just daft, already on a booking and goes and reacts like that to what was a pretty standard yellow card tackle from Muirhead.

Thought Nat Wedderburn strolled the game today, easily best I’ve seen him play. For us I thought Dunne improved a lot in the second half but Mark Kerr was my MoM he was fantastic in that second half. He really seems to up his game against the Pars.

Our tactics in the end were a bit bizarre just through strikers onto the park and hope for the best but aside from Austin’s header against the post at the end it was just a mess that we didn’t create anything.

Archived