Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

It's a done on the cheap job whatever it is. Is there no plans to finish off the stadium properly and replace that and the main stand which must be about the same age as the old one at Brockville.

As previously mentioned, it's not a done on the cheap anything - new concrete, new foundations, new roof and cladding (albeit with the original supports), new front wall and of course seats for the North Stand, new seats, new roof cladding, new frontage, new internal structure with new offices, new hospitality suites (including the boxes), new media room and new ticket office for the Main Stand. And this season we've added a new players gym. It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more than TFS actually and the level of finish inside is a lot nicer than a lot of new grounds (proper brick walls that go all the way up rather than just breeze block and sheeting that stops just above the turnstiles, good disabled facilities including well appointed toilets, individual urinals rather than a metal trough in the gents etc). I'm not a huge fan of new builds and wish we still had a proper terrace on the North Side but I'll defend East End's remodelling all day long. It's one of the better examples of how to comply with the stupid 10,000 seat rule of old and pisses all over other places like St Mirren, Dens and Stark's Park IMO. It's just a shame we don't get the same crowds or passion we used to but that's something that's seen everywhere.

Tl;dr version: East End is magic, wasn't cheap and is miles better than TFS.

PS 2-0 Falkirk on my coupon today.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As previously mentioned, it's not a done on the cheap anything - new concrete, new foundations, new roof and cladding (albeit with the original supports), new front wall and of course seats for the North Stand, new seats, new roof cladding, new frontage, new internal structure with new offices, new hospitality suites (including the boxes), new media room and new ticket office for the Main Stand. And this season we've added a new players gym. It wouldn't surprise me if it cost more than TFS actually and the level of finish inside is a lot nicer than a lot of new grounds (proper brick walls that go all the way up rather than just breeze block and sheeting that stops just above the turnstiles, good disabled facilities including well appointed toilets, individual urinals rather than a metal trough in the gents etc). I'm not a huge fan of new builds and wish we still had a proper terrace on the North Side but I'll defend East End's remodelling all day long. It's one of the better examples of how to comply with the stupid 10,000 seat rule of old and pisses all over other places like St Mirren, Dens and Stark's Park IMO. It's just a shame we don't get the same crowds or passion we used to but that's something that's seen everywhere.

Tl;dr version: East End is magic, wasn't cheap and is miles better than TFS.

PS 2-0 Falkirk on my coupon today.

If it wasn' done on the cheap then why is the 'stand opposite the main stand not the same as the ones behind the goals. Both it and the main stand stand still have stantions holding the roof up which is a nonsense in this day and age.

I’d imagine we’ll be:

Thomson

Muirhead
Watson
Balatoni
McGhee

Kerr
Taiwo

Longridge
Hippo
Dunne

Miller

Be interesting to see how the defence gets on although I’m glad Gallacher is out. Quite happy that it’s Watson in instead of Gasparotto as well.

Though Cardle starting again is giving me the fear.

According to the BBC this game is “known locally as The Kincardine derby”. 

WTF????

Anyone ever sat in Elliot’s and said, “right chaps, that’s me off to the Kincardine derby”...   

Maybe best tell the BBC that Yogi ain’t our manager any more

If it wasn' done on the cheap then why is the 'stand opposite the main stand not the same as the ones behind the goals. Both it and the main stand stand still have stantions holding the roof up which is a nonsense in this day and age.

There was no need to make the North Stand any bigger - the capacity of East End is already around 12,000 which is far too big anyway. If the 10,000 seat rule hadn't been in place I may have just made the stands behind the goals the same height as the North Stand actually, perhaps filling in the corners and had an intimate 7,000 ground which would have been nearly full quite a few times and created a great atmosphere I reckon. The Main Stand only has 2 thin pillars and there's no easy way to put up a cantilever or goalposts style roof without doing all sorts of damage to the street behind and houses opposite and businesses alongside. It's not that hard to figure out really. FWIW I like the Main Stand at TFS (from the outside at least!). Anyway, has this remembrance shite finished yet?

What a stinking 45 mins of football - we are absolutely honking- hippo more honking than the rest admittedly, why on earth is he being given another chance on the right after being so poor there last week?  Stupid mistake from Dunne to give away the pen and admittedly he's not looked too great today.  We have no creativity and look like a bunch of strangers playing together for the first time - something needs to change at half time.  

also, how the feck is that wee p***k Higginbotham still on the park - I can't remember him being such a filthy player when he was with us? 

Refs been murder. Only decision he got right was the pen.  Higginbottom still on the park having kicked Dunne in the head. Shocking stuff.

Kick in the head? Yep definitely happened. Definitely.

Archived