Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buzzing to be deafened by the PA guy tomorrow. Loves the sound of his own voice.

Better to have a partly built stadium than a barely full stadium each week!
I'm worried by all the pars pessimism - it gives me a sense of hope and every time I've 'kinda fancied us' this season we've been pumped! 
good to see Hartley trying to shape the team his way and he says all the right things about trying to be more clinical in front of goal - our defence against queens however, reminded me of the start of the season when we were giving away goals for fun (before Smith looked to have shored things up a bit) and that gives me the fear - as does the fact were likely to have Thomson in goal ...
hopefully McGhee will go back to left back as Gallagher clearly isn't ready, I'd like to see hippo and Austin dropped but worry we'd lack flair without either of them - Dunne absolutely must start again and I just hope the hype doesn't get to him.
2-0 bairns (all the Fifers seem confident about that!) with Longeidge getting a debut goal and Lot starting his inevitable scoring streak - Muirhead to get sent off for smashing that wee p***k Higginbotham (never liked him for some reason!) 

Have you heard the clown at Paisley?
Heart attack waiting to happen.

Best experience was the 1-0 win on the opening day of the title season. Cardle ran amok, Pat Clarke got the goal. Took 10/12 off Falkirk that season.

Other notable one was the 2012 game after coming down from SPL/before admin. 2-0 down and playing shite but we sneaked a point from absolutely nowhere. Very chaotic in the away end. Did the same thing to Morton at EEP the following week.

I dont see it happening but I wonder if Hippo would be considered for left back.

McGhee probably our current best option versus Gallacher but struggles slightly twisting himself to use his right foot, Longridge might take Hippo's place in the forward role, I don't see why he can't fill in our problematic position at left back

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I dont see it happening but I wonder if Hippo would be considered for left back.

McGhee probably our current best option versus Gallacher but struggles slightly twisting himself to use his right foot, Longridge might take Hippo's place in the forward role, I don't see why he can't fill in our problematic position at left back

No, because he's a rotten defender and would be sent off before the 1st half was over due to pulling the winger back for the umpteenth time.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No, because he's a rotten defender and would be sent off before the 1st half was over due to pulling the winger back for the umpteenth time.

I didn't think he was that bad when played there for Livvy, just cause he gives silly fouls away in an attacking sense doesn't mean he will give the same fouls away in a defending sense.

He can't be worse than Gallacher for sure

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I didn't think he was that bad when played there for Livvy, just cause he gives silly fouls away in an attacking sense doesn't mean he will give the same fouls away in a defending sense.

He can't be worse than Gallacher for sure

He was their best player when he played at left back against us a couple of seasons ago.

We could just do what dunfermline did to finish their ground and screw some bucket seats into the ground opposite the main stand and then cover it with some corrugated iron but I'd rather we did something that looks half decent to be honest.

Is Gallacher the young lad that was linked with Barcelona at one stage, albeit on the BBC Gossip section.

Yes, he’s been watched by loads of English premier league teams as well, f**k knows how he’s murder. If we get over 300k for him I’ll be very happy.

10 minutes ago, JFPar said:

Is Gallacher the young lad that was linked with Barcelona at one stage, albeit on the BBC Gossip section.

Yes, tho was the typical far fetched story that can happen to young Scottish prospects or talent. The reality tho is English championship or lower for most the Scottish ones.

Gallacher looked good in games where the pressure on him defending was not there. We were about a goal a game from his side when it was.

The harsh truth of development football and first team

I actually thought he attacked quite well in the game at EEP earlier in the season. Williamson gave him a tough time when he had to defend though. Similar players, both good going forward but not great at defending. Strangely enough Williamson has been called up to U21’s, I like him as a player but I don’t think he’s at that level.

Thomson

Muirhead   balatoni  McGhee 

Kerr

Dunne                     mckee                       hippo

Longridge      craigen                     

Loy 

f**k it

57 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I actually thought he attacked quite well in the game at EEP earlier in the season. Williamson gave him a tough time when he had to defend though. Similar players, both good going forward but not great at defending. Strangely enough Williamson has been called up to U21’s, I like him as a player but I don’t think he’s at that level.

You don't have to be anything special to make the u-21s though. The likes of Chris Mitchell and Tam Scobbie both played for them whilst with  us.  Christ even Joe chalmers has two u-21 caps.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You don't have to be anything special to make the u-21s though. The likes of Chris Mitchell and Tam Scobbie both played for them whilst with  us.  Christ even Joe chalmers has two u-21 caps.

Mitchell kept out the natural left back Brian East  to play in the opposite side he was accustomed to.

I went to see Kevin James and Colin McDonald play scotland u21 at Clyde. The pointless act of including Kevin James to play one game due to his age shows how unimportant its treated

Archived