Admin Bound and Managerless Dundee United v Top of the League St Mirren - Title Decider - 4th Nov

Absolutely spewing.

I had a 5 fold result rush on with ladbrokes.

Cashed out whilst it was 2-0 as I didn't think St Mirren would score so late.

Praying that Hearts don't win and Killie score tomorrow otherwise I've done myself out of 5 grand off a 5er bet 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were excellent for the first 30 minutes and the last 20.  In the period in between we defended well and worked really hard during the whole game.

Today’s approach by the players confirm to me that they had stopped playing for McKinnon, don’t know the reason but they look far more organised and maybe feel happier with Ellis’ tactics and approach.

Disapponted to lose a late goal but delighted with the win and the performance.  It’s by far our best performance for ages against a good, organised hard working St Mirren team.

Jack Ross and the St Mirren goalie having a go at the red at the end was a fucking joke.  Maybe just trying to detract attention.

Lastly, don’t know how Durnan got MotM.  He did well but there were four players ahead of him by my reckoning.

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Durnan was excellent. Id be interested to know the four players who were better tbh Granny

You will probably not like this, but honestly our four best players in order:

Flood, Fraser, Scobie, King.  Flood definitely MotM, he looked like the player he was a few seasons back.

Im not being critical of Durnan but he was definitely not close to MotM.  The fact is we had some great performances today, it makes a change.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:22, TONTROOPER said:

Predicting a home win here.

Called that one.Also called Falkirk/Pars draw.Only 2 games that fouled me up were Livvy v ICT (predicted away win) and........see ya. 

Entertaining game. Buddies had their moments but we weathered it well, especially Durnan.

Much more positive intent than under mckinnon.

Thought that our team in second half is our best XI except flood.

Thought our offside goal was fine. McDonald was off but not involved

You will probably not like this, but honestly our four best players in order:
Flood, Fraser, Scobie, King.

Flood did well, Scotty was ok but let himself down a few times with his final ball, Scobbie was solid enough but King flatters to deceive for me. Durnan cut everything out and was terrific in the air at setpieces

2 hours ago, stumigoo said:

United have won every single game played during my son's entire life. Some feat. 

He's also only ever known St Mirren at the top of the table. ;)

Totally missed all coverage of the game until the last 20 minutes but I'm not overly surprised. United have a very strong team for this league, we've hardly been at our best for a few weeks and we also have a honking record up there. Just hope we can recover a bit of form as the results were kind to us today but we can't keep on gambling on that.

So good to have a team with a bit of bite and determination all over the park. All the team trying to win the ball back as quick as they could when losing it.

The back 4 looked solid, Stanton and Flood playing very well together. Smith looked decent again, Fraser I thought was very good but few times his final ball let him down and McDonald up top was class.

We'll we got what deserved, nothing from the game we absolutely miss Mallan we need someone who can strike a deadball well

a few weeks before a trek to the highlands.  Hopefully a rest will do the team good and we have Gary Mac and Harry Davies for the ICT game

We were very poor in the first half, stood off Utd far too much. Samson at fault for the first goal, but made several smart saves after that. With a bit more end product we could have been 2 or 3 down at half time. Utd looked well up for it, motivated and with plenty of pace on the counter, albeit wasteful with numerous of their opportunities, luckily for us. Second half we were markedly improved, but still disappointing with the final ball. Morgan found himself doubled up on constantly which should have left space for others but we couldn't find it.

No complaints at the result and delighted there's now a break for us to regroup and maybe get Davis and McKenzie fit. Utd much closer to the quality one would expect from them given their budget and some of the players they have.

Archived