Raith Rovers v East Fife

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rovers v East Fife threads have always had an air of 'mentally challenged accessing library computer' about them. 
With regards to the game, I'd be over the moon with a 1-0 win. 

It’s mostly harmless banter and read everything tongue in cheek, if you think this is bad, have a look at an old and infirm forum, or even an Edinburgh teams one, they are horrible!!

Callachan, Benedictus and now Davidson missing from the starting 11 that dismantled EF at the beginning of the season. Our midfield hasn’t looked anywhere near as good since Callachan left, which shouldn’t really be a surprise. His replacement - John Herron - just isn’t as good. As a result Robertson hasn’t been as effective and the midfield engine that purred so well in the first few games is coughing a bit now.

Centre half is a fucking ball ache, still. Davidson has been, somewhat surprisingly, absolutely solid since he’s had to step in. Now he’s out it’ll be Ewan Murray and possibly the young boy McKay? When Davidson got sent off on Saturday Smith stuck Robertson at centre half and put Ross Matthews in the middle along side Herron, hooking Spence. I really wish Benedictus would hurry up and get better, we miss him massively. I’d be very reluctant to put Robertson at centre half as he isn’t comfortable at all, but I’m quite sure that’s exactly what Smith will do. He’s shown so far this season that he isn’t confident putting McKay in when he’s been needed.

A change is needed up front I think. Spence and Buchanan isn’t working, as much as we all want it to. Spence is having to drop far too deep to receive the ball and that isn’t his game; he’s been poor as a result. East Fife have a weakness defending cross balls, get Jonny Court in there to give us a real aerial threat.

Cant help but feel this is the best chance EF have if getting a result against us. By the next time we meet Benedictus and Lennox will be back which should, in theory, make us a much stronger outfit.

I think Herron is starting to look like he is comfortable now in the middle of the park - last few games he has looked a lot better, and took his goal well Saturday.

I wouldn't have an issue with McKay playing, and another option may be to push Thomson in to CB, and Watson at RB

On the evidence of previous weeks I would expect Robertson to step back into defence and Mathews to replace Davidson in the starting 11. 

Agree with others who say Spence and Buchanan have been disappointing. Smith hasn't given Court much game time since he took over, seems like he doesn't rate him which is a shame as he offers something different from the other forwards.

Is Jonny Court not only about 5ft 10? I know he’s quite strong and bulky but he’s not exactly an aerial threat is he?

I’d rather put three in the middle of the park and go with a front three of Barr, Vaughan and either Buchanan or Spence with one of them on the bench.

Raith only excpecting 300 Fife Fans to make the journey along the Standing Stane Saturday . Would hope they have underestimated this. But that 5-0 has probably dettered a lot.

You’ll be in a stand that holds more than your ground, I’m sure if we’ve underestimated the amount coming through you’ll have no bother finding a seat. I’d also hazard a guess it’ll have been EF that’s given us that figure and not something we’ve plucked out of thin air.

Raith only excpecting 300 Fife Fans to make the journey along the Standing Stane Saturday . Would hope they have underestimated this. But that 5-0 has probably dettered a lot.

Is that more or less than Cowdenbeath usually bring through?

Can't believe the third placed team in the league are shitting themselves before a local derby that they care about we are hardly Barcelona (although the 5-0 made us look like them) get oot and support your team.

Archived