Raith Rovers v East Fife

34 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I believe a defence that has conceded 6 goals is better than one who has conceded 22 goals. 

Every Raith Rovers fan acknowledges we deserve to be where we are, we absolutely do.  We were awful last season and the club was managed horribly at all levels.  We deserve to be where we are - 100% 

We spent 8 seasons in a row in the Championship, and didnt come close to relegation until last season.  We've been able to "hack it" in that league, and we will in the future.  Might not be next season, or even the season after, but thats our natural level and at some point we will end up back there. 

I'd much rather that than celebrating 1-0 defeats by a side you havent beaten in 30 years.

As ever, completely correct on the matter and sum up the views of the majority of our fans rather nicely. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent highlights from East Fife btw.  Some cracking editing with the package they've got, and different angles. 

They really do an awesome job and helpful for this ex-pat who isn’t keen to get up at 4am to follow the game.

Over 30 years since we’ve beaten Raith now, what a ridiculous and embarrassing record and I can see why the Raith fans are a bit ‘meh’ about this derby game. Cowden fans are a bit the same, I think I’ve seen us beat them once when Mixu was in charge. Pretty depressing.

3 hours ago, foreverarover said:

Because they were the away team for one and created the same zero chances we did in 90 minutes. Our goal was a complete f#$k up by the keeper. To say they didn't deserve something out the game is laughable. That second half was an embarrassment.

They got what they deserved,nothing

Just now, Mon_The_Fife said:

They really do an awesome job and helpful for this ex-pat who isn’t keen to get up at 4am to follow the game.

Over 30 years since we’ve beaten Raith now, what a ridiculous and embarrassing record and I can see why the Raith fans are a bit ‘meh’ about this derby game. Cowden fans are a bit the same, I think I’ve seen us beat them once when Mixu was in charge. Pretty depressing.

It's fantastic clubs offer services like this nowadays. Even ten years ago you'd be listening to open all mics or keeping an eye on the bbc website, or club sites for updates. You'd maybe get 30 photos after the game. Now you get full HD goals and can go back and look back fondly on the memories which have happened. I've lost count the number of times I've seen Baird slam home the winner against Rangers, or watching the game up in Dundee where we won in the quarter finals. Even Walker's goals against Dundee and the Pars. 

As for the record, you've pretty much summed it up. As I said before, I'm a bit "meh" about the game, but I'll lose complete interest when East Fife beat us. Willie Gray made it interesting, as did the cup games when we had Tade.  The proper derby will always be against the Pars for me.  

I wrote at the start of the season you were welcome to Smith, he did f**k all for us last season except lose us a play off spot, at the game on Saturday i saw his same old failings, no plan b, when we started to dominate the midfield he couldn't change it, in fact he canny change his mind at times, good luck if you think you are going to walk away with the league with that plank in charge, my money's on Ayr and you lot somewhere in the playoffs

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Funny how I couldn’t care less about where East Fife finish this season but their fans are absolutely desperate for us to not win the league. emoji23.png

Maybe some of them are. I suspect most aren't bothered.

Archived