Raith Rovers v East Fife

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given we need to bounce back after last week i wouldn't be moving Roberson or Matthews back. Give Mckay a start and put Matthews in beside Robertson, Heron hasn't shown enough to be starting.

Fortunately McHattie is back or else we'd have been up the creek. Wouldn't have thought I'd have said that in the Summer but here we are. Murray and McKay in the middle is yet another untried partnership. It'll be a massive test for us, especially with East Fife looking to prove a point from the first game.. Our home form has been fantastic so far this season, and hopefully we can get a good result.

Don’t think I’ve ever been so pessimistic going into a derby game. I’ve had the misfortune of watching us being dicked by Raith and Cowden over the years. That 6-2 at Central Park still haunts me.

We just don’t do derby games (unless it’s vs Dunfermline).

2 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Don’t think I’ve ever been so pessimistic going into a derby game. I’ve had the misfortune of watching us being dicked by Raith and Cowden over the years. That 6-2 at Central Park still haunts me.

We just don’t do derby games (unless it’s vs Dunfermline).

Cheer up. We drew with Fofar for f**k sakes.

On 02/11/2017 at 18:34, fiferjon said:

Raith only excpecting 300 Fife Fans to make the journey along the Standing Stane Saturday . Would hope they have underestimated this. But that 5-0 has probably dettered a lot.

As long as the same number again come via the Wemyss it'll be fine.

I'm looking forward to the game today. My last game was Arbroath, 3 weeks ago. The thought of a Rovers v The Fife derby game is probably better than the reality but it was the one fixture I looked out for at the start of the season.

I'm hoping for a 3-2 victory for the Rovers, with Vaughan dominating and a last minute penalty winner.

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I'm looking forward to the game today. My last game was Arbroath, 3 weeks ago. The thought of a Rovers v The Fife derby game is probably better than the reality but it was the one fixture I looked out for at the start of the season.

I'm hoping for a 3-2 victory for the Rovers, with Vaughan dominating and a last minute penalty winner.

Well we can probably rule that out, the SFA don't do Rovers penalties.

Has to change sometime.

Also, has to be in front of the South Stand. Ideally I want to see at least two East Fife scarves thrown on the pitch in disgust and at least one grown man in tears.

Archived