Raith Rovers v East Fife

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the humiliating defeat to the lino-mob at Bayview earlier this season; you would never have believed that we'd currently be sitting 3rd in the table. What a truly bizarre season. Not confident going into this one but don't think it will be anything like the last fixture. 2-0 Raith. Prove me wrong EF! 

Positives: our home form is excellent.

Negatives: the clocks have now went back.

If we have an off day East Fife should fancy their chances and I can't see them being as pish as they were in the 5-0 game, that's surely impossible. As with most games if we click then we'll probably have enough about us to get the 3 points. I'm assuming with Davo being suspended it'll be Murray alongside McKay at the back, not quite sure if Davo being out is necessarily a good thing or bad thing mind you. 

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Positives: our home form is excellent.

Negatives: the clocks have now went back.

If we have an off day East Fife should fancy their chances and I can't see them being as pish as they were in the 5-0 game, that's surely impossible. As with most games if we click then we'll probably have enough about us to get the 3 points. I'm assuming with Davo being suspended it'll be Murray alongside McKay at the back, not quite sure if Davo being out is necessarily a good thing or bad thing mind you. 

I hope that was written with tongue firmly in cheek, otherwise its absolute madness. For as hopeless as Davo was at the start of the season, he has been excellent since Bene was injured and he'll be a big miss.

Hopefully not like the last game we met  Vaughan and Barr etc ran riot our midfield will need to be a lot better than we were that day I also feel we should change our shape a little to keep raiths more creative players quiet 

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Hopefully not like the last game we met  Vaughan and Barr etc ran riot our midfield will need to be a lot better than we were that day I also feel we should change our shape a little to keep raiths more creative players quiet 

An 8 x 24 foot board would help.

Considering I attended the 5-0 demolition of East Fife at Bayview, I never seriously considered we were in any danger of losing to them this season. Yet here we are.

Hopefully our midfield turn up for this game. Then there's the patched up defence. If East Fife can't get a win against us now, they'll never get it. 13/2 as well.

It's hard to believe we are sitting 3rd in table at this stage of the season, doing so with a pish goal difference.

Raith ripped us apart last game so I'm not too confident going into this one so I'd be delighted with a point. After the 5 nil drubbing last game one of my Raith pals was kind enough to tie his scarf to my front door and it welcomed me home on the Sunday morning after a 12 hour nightshift! b*****d! ????????????

Archived