Assassins Creed Origins

19QOS19

Probably a topic somewhere but can't be arsed hunting for it.

Anyone giving this one a go? I've picked it up but don't finish until 1 tonight. I've played all the main titles and have enjoyed them all apart from 3. They've never improved on AC2 which is still one of the best games I've played but I'm a sucker for these games so keep coming back regardless.

I assume there are no guns in this one which is a big bonus. I'm not keen on pistols in these games so back to swords is a good move.

I hope the repetitiveness isn't as bad but won't hold my breath.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect Rammagammalabamaslammer will be along soon to tell you your opinion, and the game, are shite.

I've got a few of the games but I don't think I've ever really played them that much. I love a properly thought out real world setting but came to the early games too late to appreciate them. Syndicate looked amazing but I just never went back to it. Maybe one day.

I expect Rammagammalabamaslammer will be along soon to tell you your opinion, and the game, are shite.

I've got a few of the games but I don't think I've ever really played them that much. I love a properly thought out real world setting but came to the early games too late to appreciate them. Syndicate looked amazing but I just never went back to it. Maybe one day.

Aye no doubt. Why someone would go into a game topic they don't like is beyond me though.

It's usually visually stunning and I enjoy the real life historical characters you meet. The biggest let down has always been it's repetitive nature though. I'm a huge fan of the series but that's not to say I think it's one of the best going. AC2 was a masterpiece but the rest have been decent enough games just nowhere near as good IMO. The early glitches usually provide some entertainment if nothing else [emoji38]

A brief review I read said that the intro is absolutely horse shit but once you get through that it's great fun. I'll pick it up myself at some point. 4 was probably my favourite but Unity had the best map as they done a great service to Revolutionary Paris. Just a shame all the Parisians were Cockneys for some reason.

Was a toss up between this and Gran Turismo. Went for this after hearing GT is predominantly online orientated now. Haven’t really played an Assassins Creed since 3 and I never got into that at all. AC2 was one of the best games I’ve ever played though.

Only played about half an hours worth since getting in from work. Pretty stunning setting and the combat system seems improved from what I remember  so positive so far.

Was a toss up between this and Gran Turismo. Went for this after hearing GT is predominantly online orientated now. Haven’t really played an Assassins Creed since 3 and I never got into that at all. AC2 was one of the best games I’ve ever played though.
Only played about half an hours worth since getting in from work. Pretty stunning setting and the combat system seems improved from what I remember  so positive so far.

3 was really poor. As I said earlier it's the only one I've gave up on. The main character was just too boring for me.

Maybe I'm just a big fat racist though.

19 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

4 is where its all at

AC 2 and Brotherhood will never be topped, but Blag Flag was close.

3 was shit and didn’t buy any of the others because of the poor reviews. Hope this one is an improvement as the setting looks great and i’m tempted to get it. 

4 is my second favourite but 2 wins hands down. Brotherhood could have been much better. My biggest issue with it was that you didn't get your Brotherhood assembled until near the end by which point there wasn't much call for the extra bodies.

I loved Brotherhood. I got 2 just before Brotherhood came out, so I couldn’t be fucked finishing it. Enjoyed what I played though.

I think 3 or 4 had the best world to explore, but I wasn’t that keen on the gameplay of either, to be honest. 3 was just shite and I actually thought the ship battles were incredibly clunky and boring. The stealth sections in it were particularly w**k, too, IIRC.

Revelations was pish and I didn’t play the original or Syndicate.

I liked Unity more than most people, but it was still pretty meh at points. The freedom you had to assassinate was pretty good though.

Really thought Constantinople and Paris were the two best cities they've created yet. I haven't played enough of Syndicate to comment on London but it was really cool to run about revolutionary Paris and Ottoman Constantinople.

The first couple of hours of Assassin's Creed 3 were great, playing as that big cool badass Haytham Kenway. Then you play the rest of the game as his annoying son.

Really thought Constantinople and Paris were the two best cities they've created yet. I haven't played enough of Syndicate to comment on London but it was really cool to run about revolutionary Paris and Ottoman Constantinople.

I preferred the massive woodlands of 3 and Caribbean for 4. Cutting around a city game after game can seem really repetitive, so I liked 3 and 4 giving a different environment.

How is Origins?  Reviews seem pretty solid 

Had about 30 mins so far. Couple of usual clitches! The new fighting mechanics may take a bit of getting used to; not loving them at this point. That was always one of my favourite things about the game, being surrounded and fighting my way out. Hopefully it's just a teething problem. The map looks huge. Will get a couple of hours play soon.

Archived