Aberdeen v Ross County

Going to disagree with most Dons fans, I actually thought we did play well and deserved the win. The first ten minutes aside from the Lewis mistake we looked fantastic. Some really good play and Christie's goal was stunning. Didn't think it was a pen personally but considering Curran'd play acting it seemed fitting that he conceded it. We wasted too many chances but all in all I thought it was a good performance, we were the better team and now we are only a point behind Celtic and five clear in second place.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we looked quite fluid at times which is something I don't think we've been too often this season, there was one moment in the second half where Wright hit the byline and May was waiting for the cross in - made me realise that we've not had that often this season, and it was the cornerstone of what we did when we had Hayes and McGinn.

Still look quite jittery at times when defending, I'd like to see us put a game to bed rather than hanging on by our ballhairs as we've had to do regularly this season.

Good 3 points in the end.

Deserved the win and played some decent enough stuff particularly second half. Thought McKenna, Arnason, McLean and Christie had good games. Shinnie did well down the left and the midfield against anyone outside Celtic looks very strong.

Still yet to find a way of maximising our strikers to best effect though. Also the crowd was ultimately very flat after Wednesday, unsurprisingly. It only really got going when the scoreline began to filter through from Celtic Park.

Ultimately job done with some pretty enough stuff and we move on.

Thought County played okay, could have possibly walked away with a draw if not for Lewis saving at the feet of Curran.

Last ten minutes were Aberdeen humping it up the park looking for the counter as we pressed. Didn't expect anything from the game so it was promising to see us keep it tight.

The scampi supper in Fochabers made it worthwhile.

15 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Didn't think it was a pen personally but considering Curran'd play acting it seemed fitting that he conceded it. 

I'm sure it was Lindsay that conceded the pen.

Christie apart, I didn't think there was much between the teams, we have had far tougher afternoons at Pittodrie.

Coyle has us set up pretty well so far, the makeshift defence yesterday did ok. Following on from his motm performance v Accies last week Naismith had another couple of great overlaps and crosses, that Curran just failed to convert.

We are only 3 points off bottom but not too concerned yet, there has been definite improvement since Coyle replaced McIntyre.

23 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Thought County played okay, could have possibly walked away with a draw if not for Lewis saving at the feet of Curran.

Last ten minutes were Aberdeen humping it up the park looking for the counter as we pressed. Didn't expect anything from the game so it was promising to see us keep it tight.

The scampi supper in Fochabers made it worthwhile.

Ooooh, get you!

Archived