Scotland's Coolest City

ICTChris

Scotland's Coolest City  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As do I. It largely depends on the company you keep as there are plenty of dour mercenaries around, but for me it's just the right size, got plenty of great countryside on the doorstep, plus the beach 15 mins walk from the centre. Also those extra few hours of light during the summer that can turn a post work evening into a near half day out and I'm quite happy to sacrifice the light at this time of year when you'd do nothing after work anyway tbh. Superb for students especially, as I discovered when I moved up. Been here for 15 years now and in no rush to return to the Central Belt. Each to their own though.

Really took it to heart when you were a wee guy and yer maw telt you to be home before dark i see. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aberdeen: I liked it in the 1990s when I was a tax dodging student. But it seems a bit shite now. 
Glasgow: "People make Glasgow". That's why Glasgow has Scotland's highest murder rate
Edinburgh: Well I live here. But it's not cool because it's full of dug up roads and any new building is either a f*cking hotel or a f*cking student residence for twatty student twats. And Edinburgh cyclists are utter cnuts. 
Inverness: Didn't think much of the place when I was there. Nice river though. 
Stirling: Some nice buildings tempered by the fact that half the population seem to be mutated OF fans. 
Perth: it's kind of meh. And has a crap one way system. 
so I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote for Peh City. As someone who lived in Erbroath up to the age of 6 it was pretty cool to take a day trip to the Wellgate Centre and it's your young years that form your opinions. 

Whereabouts did you stay in Arbroath?

10 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

Probably biased but Glasgow is definitely Scotland’s coolest city. Plenty going on and the place is always buzzing at the weekend. Don’t miss living there as such as I’m enjoying life in Falkirk but I do love going through to Glasgow on a regular basis. 

Inverness is my 2nd choice. Cracking city surrounded by beautiful scenery. The locals are usually a good laugh as well. 

Aberdeen is a right dour place but for some reason my wee sister who lives there loves it. Edinburgh would be bottom of my list, the place is becoming more wanky by the day. Not long until the city becomes Vegan Mecca. The c***s also returned a very embarrassing No vote as well...

wee sister, huh?

I live in Dundee and there isn't a single aspect of it that's better than Glasgow.

Loads of family in Glasgow and one of my ex's went to uni there so stayed there Friday to Sunday for 6 month a year for a couple of year.

Absolutely love Glasgow it's great, especially when you're younger, busy and bustling 24/7. Always stuff going on and can get a great night out.

However it's all a bit big and bit too much for me I dunno if I could stay there, I like the fact Dundee is smaller but still has everything you really need. Sort of a smaller version. Think the place has come on a lot since I was younger. Not just the front, which is such a good transformation, but the city as a whole.

I love it. Love how everyone's a Dee or an Arab too and you'll not find many Tories.

Aberdeen for me is just door, grey and dull. No real personality and shite accents. It's been years since I've been up there actually and can't see that changing any time soon. Used to do the odd night out there as it was only 50 minutes on the train but it was pretty gash.

Edinburgh is class, the Scottish London basically, however f**k living there, go to Napier and I wouldn't last long driving around that place I'd have chucked myself off the Forth by now. Absolute pain in the arse, roads are brutal.

Glasgow: too gauche to be cool.

Edinburgh: too reserved, to the point it’s great to meet the occasional Fifer when they come into my work 

Dundee: A bit mad, Scotland’s best accent IMO. Definitely cooler to be from Dundee than Glasgow or Edinburgh. 

Archived