Scotland's Coolest City

ICTChris

Scotland's Coolest City  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Wall Street Journal has put Dundee on it's list of Top Ten global destinations, calling it "Scotland's coolest city".  I really like Dundee and am planning visiting the new V&A museum as I only really go there for football and it'd be nice to see a different side of it.  But what is Scotland's coolest city and why?

Have any P&Bers ever declared that their city is Scotland's  coolest in a large US publication?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put Glasgow simply because of the club and general music scene. There also seems to be a lot of pop-up streetfood nonsense going on.

Plenty of good stuff going on elsewhere though. I liked living in Edinburgh, and Dundee is alright.

Inverness! Based on the presence of Black Isle Bar, its many wonderful beers and the venison salami pizza which I have fallen more deeply in love with than my own child.

Second place to Glasgow. All live musical roads lead there ultimately.

Third place to Edinburgh provided all parts excluding Leith are deleted from its cool score.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Aberdeen has to be Scotland's coldest city if that counts.

I can confirm this.

Both my brothers went to Uni up there. I went up one Christmas time. The locals were cutting about in light jackets and T shirts.

I had a jersey, a scarf and a duffle coat and was still freezing.

Archived