Ludo*1

The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

461 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?

• Barry Ferguson
    • Graeme Murty
    • Derek McInnes
    • Tommy Wright
    • Kenny Miller
    • Alex McLeish
    • Dick Advocaat
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Frank De Boer
    • Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
    • Graeme Souness
    • Dougie Freedman
    • Billy Davies
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Garry Monk

Rabid delusional ****.

The middle aged guy with his bedroom kitted out with Sevco stuff is something else.

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Concomitant.

A very Kincardinesque word if you don’t mind me saying.

Jabba apparently posts on Rangers forums......would be hilarious if P&B resident piss tank turned out to be Traynor! 

That most fantastic part of this isn't that McInnes knocked back Rangers.

It's that people immediately started screaming 'we demand a statement' in an act of mocking Rangers historical stupidity and lack of dignity in these situations, always thinking to themselves 'surely no, they'll have learnt their lesson this time' .  

And then like your favourite band, not wanting to leave the masses disappointed and reappearing for their 3rd encore, there they fucking were with a new absolute doozy. 

If they had any self awareness and self deprecation, they'd be able to shrug this off as having a wee bit of fun at their own expense and we'd instantly think 'well that's rubbish' and probably move on. That they are wholly serious though, makes this a hilarious, never end stumble from fuckup to fuckup. The ride never ends. 

One day someone will chronicle the events of the banter years. In 200 years, a football historian somewhere will read this record and come to the incorrect conclusion that the stories contain a grain of truth but have been exaggerated by mocking rival supporters for storytelling purposes, much like biblical tales as there's no way such a long list of mental fuckups could happen in just over half a decade.  And I wouldn't blame them, the fall has been dramatic, constant and probably irreversible. 

Tribute Act statement will now be seen as the definition of a tear stained rant. 

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Rabid delusional ****.

The middle aged guy with his bedroom kitted out with Sevco stuff is something else.

Who the f**k are these delusional dimmwits?

The Scottish media and a large number of Rangers fans seem to be ignoring the elephant in the room.

If someone who is Rangers-minded doesn't want the job then it shows what a fucking basketcase your club is.

Who the f**k are these delusional dimmwits?

One on Talkshite yesterday - saying McInnes was not really good enough and that they should have gone after Alan Pardew.

They really do think they are bigger than they are.

Deluded cvnts.

Masterstroke by McInnes to lose the two "head to head" games and then reject them, as we now have swathes of Rangers fans delighted they've hired a manager who couldn't beat Hamilton and Dundee.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

tbf, McInnes isn't even close to either of those, this is a far far bigger boot in the stanes than both of those rejections.

I agree that the whole Scottish landscape was different then.  Rangers were markedly worse than Aberdeen and Dundee United at that time.  Those managers had also obviously achieved great things at their clubs.  

In the current case, Aberdeen are alongside Rangers in terms of level and McInnes has done well, as opposed to amazingly.

The parallels do exist though.  Someone had asked if Rangers had ever been rejected by a Scottish manager before and the answer to that is Yes.  I think too that this is a bigger "boot in the stanes" in part because of the media age we're in and the time frame involved.

This one is certainly hilarious.

54 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That most fantastic part of this isn't that McInnes knocked back Rangers.

It's that people immediately started screaming 'we demand a statement' in an act of mocking Rangers historical stupidity and lack of dignity in these situations, always thinking to themselves 'surely no, they'll have learnt their lesson this time' .  

And then like your favourite band, not wanting to leave the masses disappointed and reappearing for their 3rd encore, there they fucking were with a new absolute doozy. 

If they had any self awareness and self deprecation, they'd be able to shrug this off as having a wee bit of fun at their own expense and we'd instantly think 'well that's rubbish' and probably move on. That they are wholly serious though, makes this a hilarious, never end stumble from fuckup to fuckup. The ride never ends. 

One day someone will chronicle the events of the banter years. In 200 years, a football historian somewhere will read this record and come to the incorrect conclusion that the stories contain a grain of truth but have been exaggerated by mocking rival supporters for storytelling purposes, much like biblical tales as there's no way such a long list of mental fuckups could happen in just over half a decade.  And I wouldn't blame them, the fall has been dramatic, constant and probably irreversible. 

That is a fantastic try, and I have tried myself. But I have since come to the conclusion that defining or quantifying the hilarity of the banter years is beyond the comprehension of the human mind.

It's just so fucking funny.

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Peak Rangers* will be administration, ideally followed by liquidation. Like what happened to Rangers.

amusingreaction.gif

Anyway - any suggestions for a film name of the inevitable big screen version of the journey?

"Quantum of Concomitant"

"The Big House Must Stay Open"

"Glib and Shameless"

are my three suggestions.

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

In the rich history of Rangers CLUB STATEMENTS, this one is the pinnacle. The banter will never die.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Rangers statements are concomitant with uncontrollable laughter....

5 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

That statement is fantastic. I’m fair enjoying these banter years.

The Banter Years : A Quantum of Concomitant Statements