The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Vanguard Bears have penned a poem to bring some lighthearted sectarian hatred to the situation;

The Badger, The Bheast And The Board.
The first Messiah came and went
He wore a magic hat,
At first he was a dream come true
But then it all went flat.
Next came, an unexpected choice,
A man that no one knew.
He spoke of caravans and dogs
But didn’t have a clue!
Be gone said Dodgy Dave and Co,
You’re far from Rangers class.
We need a man of high esteem,
And not some foreign arse.
It’s just the very best we want,
Like Waddell, Smith and Struth.
And trust us we will find him,
We only speak the truth.
Be patient bears’ said Rangers board,
To every Rangers fan.
We’ll scour the land and world beyond,
Until we get our man.
But Bears they are not dafties,
We knew there was but one.
A single name on Davies list,
And they knew that he would come.
Six weeks elapsed, six points we dropped
And still we all heard nowt.
When will this board fulfil their role?
And pull their fingers out?
At last it came, an offer!
The Gers and Del would meet.
But the Dons declined to let him talk,
And the ball was at his feet.
But Derek has a sidekick,
A Bheast from East Kilbride,
A man who hates the Rangers,
And never leaves his side.
The Rangers said to Derek,
Come south, forget the sheep.
But leave the dirty ***** behind
He’s toxic and a creep.
But Badger face, he loves the Doc,
Much more than Gers or money.
He turned us down, refused the crown
To stay with *****y Tony.
Now where do Rangers go from here?
There’s no plan B you see,
It’s Murty until Hogmanay,
But at least he comes for free.
We’ll just release a statement,
Keep the punters off our back.
A hasty, catty, retort,
Written by an alkie hack.
But the Circus, it keeps rolling on
With all its ups and downs.
We’ve still no master of ring
But we’ve plenty fucking clowns!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

These Vanguard guys are utterly vile.

There's a Hell of a lot to laugh at round this, but there's nothing funny here.  Truly disgusting.

26 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

The Vanguard Bears have penned a poem to bring some lighthearted sectarian hatred to the situation;

He wore a magic hat,
A man that no one knew.
But didn’t have a clue!
And not some foreign arse.
It’s just the very best we want,
Like Waddell, Smith and Struth.
And trust us we will find him,
We only speak the truth.
Be patient bears’ said Rangers board,
To every Rangers fan.
We’ll scour the land and world beyond,
Until we get our man.
But Bears they are not dafties,
We knew there was but one.
A single name on Davies list,
And they knew that he would come.
Six weeks elapsed, six points we dropped
And still we all heard nowt.
When will this board fulfil their role?
And pull their fingers out?
At last it came, an offer!
The Gers and Del would meet.
But the Dons declined to let him talk,
And the ball was at his feet.
He’s toxic and a creep.
But Badger face, he loves the Doc,
Much more than Gers or money.
He turned us down, refused the crown
To stay with *****y Tony.
Now where do Rangers go from here?
There’s no plan B you see,
It’s Murty until Hogmanay,
But at least he comes for free.
We’ll just release a statement,
Keep the punters off our back.
A hasty, catty, retort,
Written by an alkie hack.
But the Circus, it keeps rolling on
With all its ups and downs.
We’ve still no master of ring
But we’ve plenty fucking clowns!

That can't be genuine? 

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That poem is Rangers in a nutshell. Amazing to think people still tolerate such an organisation in the twenty-first century.

I thought it was a parody - didn't realise it was (un)real! :o

What I don't get with this farce is, 1-2 weeks after Pedro was elbowed, iirc Allen made a statement saying the club were delighted with the quantity & quality of applicants they had received, two weeks later King makes speech at AGM informing shareholders the club were looking to appoint someone in employment, this would suggest that there is disharmony in the boardroom.

After the failed attempt to entice McInnes to take the job King has basically tied a rope round his own neck and only has Murty as a viable option.

I say this because McLeish would need to be sectioned if he accepted the post now after King's comments.

The other names being banded about by sevconians GVB, R.DeBoer & MPH all have question marks against them.

GVB meets King's criteria about being in employment, I would imagine he is settled back in his homeland after experiencing football in the U.K. & Spain, also feel his budget requirements would be a huge stumbling block.

DeBoer meets the British/Scottish knowledge but it is very limited and his wage demands & budget requirements would be problematical.

MPH is the dark horse but King's criteria of having previous experience within British football & knowledge of the Scottish game would rule him out. 

This to my mind leaves a shortlist of Murty, Murty & Murty, not unless you consider Davies , McCoist or Miller to be suitable appointments, surely Sevco are not that stupid

or are they ?

What I don't get with this farce is, 1-2 weeks after Pedro was elbowed, iirc Allen made a statement saying the club were delighted with the quantity & quality of applicants they had received, two weeks later King makes speech at AGM informing shareholders the club were looking to appoint someone in employment, this would suggest that there is disharmony in the boardroom.
After the failed attempt to entice McInnes to take the job King has basically tied a rope round his own neck and only has Murty as a viable option.
I say this because McLeish would need to be sectioned if he accepted the post now after King's comments.
The other names being banded about by sevconians GVB, R.DeBoer & MPH all have question marks against them.
GVB meets King's criteria about being in employment, I would imagine he is settled back in his homeland after experiencing football in the U.K. & Spain, also feel his budget requirements would be a huge stumbling block.
DeBoer meets the British/Scottish knowledge but it is very limited and his wage demands & budget requirements would be problematical.
MPH is the dark horse but King's criteria of having previous experience within British football & knowledge of the Scottish game would rule him out. 
This to my mind leaves a shortlist of Murty, Murty & Murty, not unless you consider Davies , McCoist or Miller to be suitable appointments, surely Sevco are not that stupid

or are they ?

GvB and De Boer are just absolutely fantasy shouts by a fanbase deluded about their standing. They couldn't even attract Alan Pardew up for talks ffs

2 hours ago, happyaccie said:

or are they ?

I don't think the "someone in employment" line should be read as a criterion applicable to whoever they appoint.  Instead, it was a specific reference to McInness.  

Now that he's out of the picture, I'd imagine it's back to square one.  I agree that it'll be Murty - it won't really save face, but it's the closest to that, they might manage.  

‘Jim Spence: Derek McInnes has dodged a bullet by saying ‘no’ to Rangers’

Derek McInnes dodged a bullet by staying at Aberdeen FC, and turning down an approach by Rangers for their manager’s job.

Sadly, once it became clear that their target had rebuffed their well publicised interest, the Ibrox outfit showed a lack of class and humility in their press release, which suggested that the job may have been too big for the Dons boss.

It was a cheap and unedifying shot from a club who talk a lot about dignity, but badly misplaced it on this occasion.

Rangers are in serious danger of misunderstanding something quintessential about Scottish football. While at first glance our game thrives on rivalry and apparent small mindedness, peel the skin back and there is actually a grudging respect by most fans towards other clubs, even their greatest rivals.

Dundee, Dundee United, and St Johnstone fans may bait each other with wicked and cutting humour, but deep under the surface there is a mutual respect for the trials and tribulations each has gone through in their time, because all of us have known the tough times.

Most fans in Scottish football enjoy the very occasional cup win or triumph. Many, though, see none at all. The suffering of one is in fact the suffering of all. For all the antipathy on the surface, the majority of Scottish football fans have more in common than they might first admit.

Occasional glory, wistful historical successes, and wishful thinking for the future, is the lot of most of us. That shared experience binds us as common fans. Rangers though, have long been seen as excluding themselves from that common experience.

Their traditional war cry ‘We are the people’, by definition means the rest of us aren’t the chosen ones. Their belief that snapping their fingers would see Aberdeen’s resolve to keep their manager collapse, and McInnes rush to sign on at Ibrox, misjudged the mood of both.

It also revealed Rangers’ lack of grasp of their dramatically changed circumstances in recent times.

McInnes currently manages a financially astute club with a supportive chairman, and with a fan base which, while demanding, isn’t disengaged from reality. A failure to be matching Celtic after six months will not get him the sack as it may well have done in Govan.

Rangers’ aim in life is to be better than Celtic. In the current circumstances with the Parkhead outfit’s financial enormous lead over them, they are light years away from getting close.

A new reality is dawning for the light blues.

Their place in Scottish football seems set to be perennially second best to their old East End rivals, who now occupy a different and more exclusive football firmament, with practically guaranteed Champions League entry and the enviable wealth that accompanies it.

McInnes will undoubtedly move on from Aberdeen at some stage, and in the mind of some more critical Dons’ fans, the fact that he even contemplated leaving for Rangers may drive a wedge between them and their manager.

For the moment though, the Pittodrie boss has made a very wise and career enhancing decision to stay put in the Granite City.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think the "someone in employment" line should be read as a criterion applicable to whoever they appoint.  Instead, it was a specific reference to McInness.  

Now that he's out to the picture, I'd imagine it's back to square one.  I agree that it'll be Murty - it won't really save face, but it's the closest to that, they might manage.  

So you are giving more credence to what King didn't say rather than what he said ?

That may be the right option considering the drivel King spouts, but to substantiate what I said King also said in his speech at the AGM that the C/V's the club had received had been of a below the standard expected by the club, in essence he had written off anyone who had submitted an application via a CV.This leaves him the option of enticing someone in employment bearing in mind the McInnes rejection this seems improbable.

Only other avenues open to King are awaiting movement on the managerial market or to go with Murty indefinitely.

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

So you are giving more credence to what King didn't say rather than what he said ?

That may be the right option considering the drivel King spouts, but to substantiate what I said King also said in his speech at the AGM that the C/V's the club had received had been of a below the standard expected by the club, in essence he had written off anyone who had submitted an application via a CV.This leaves him the option of enticing someone in employment bearing in mind the McInnes rejection this seems improbable.

Only other avenues open to King are awaiting movement on the managerial market or to go with Murty indefinitely.

I think we're essentially in agreement here.

I think King's comments were made in absolute anticipation of McInnes coming to them when an approach was made.  I'll admit that I thought the same, but my thoughts matter a lot less than King's 

I do think that they're probably right back where they started, except for the fact that their prime target is now out of the picture altogether. 

Murty will probably be the result, especially if they win another game or two under him.  They're big favourites for example, to win today.

1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

He wore a magic hat,
A man that no one knew.
But didn’t have a clue!