The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nothing in the papers down here today. A wee bit on Lennon saying Murty has been treated like shite. Nothing on the great appointment of Stevieeeeeeeeee Geeeeeeeeee :lol: 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Guy in work beaming with the Stevie G news he's also got it on good authority that the Man City owner will be the new investor.  Certainly cheered me up lol

Tell him that's against the FA and UEFA rules so he's talking shite. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Tell him that's against the FA and UEFA rules so he's talking shite. 

Nah don't lower their expectations. Their delusion makes the collapse more entertaining.

Are the BBC just no paying attention then? 

Nothing obvious on the website regarding this 'great appointment for scottish football' :o 

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Mark (***) on Talk Sport.

'Celtic have only won three in a row because Rangers (Oldco) were illegally removed'

Deluded cúnt.

I heard it while driving my Cab. 

Now at home, changing my breeks. 

Souness Revolution Part Two 

Most believe.  :lol:

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

BBC radio Scotland are selling Gerard's impending appointment like it's the second coming of Christ.

I deliberately switched on Jim White on Talksport, in a gazing at a car crash sense, and it's even worse. He's more excited than the most excited kid's ever been on Christmas Eve. He's bouncing off the walls. 'it's happening...it's happening...he's coming...Steven Gerrard is to be the new manager of Rangers'. 

With this and Liverpool in the CL Final the next few weeks are going to see new lows in naustiating football broadcasting, something I didn't think was possible, Thank God for Spotify.

4 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Supposedly he was annoyed he was dropped for the game in Madrid.

I also read somewhere at the time that he wanted to carry on for another year, but Rodgers basically retired him.

I don't think they dislike each other though, it's just that Rodgers made decisions that any other manager could or would make.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

#gerrard #warchest #goingfor55
The deluded hordes have started already

The worst one is "Ge55ard". That doesn't even scan correctly.

You just know the dim witted **** will lap this appointment up and be wearing the full Scouser regalia of wig, tash and shellsuit at Stevie G's first match in charge. Mind you, that will be a massive improvement of the image for the majority of them.

"Rangers hope to confirm Steven Gerrard as their new manager on Friday, after successful discussions on Thursday took the former Liverpool captain to the verge of accepting the Ibrox post.

Rangers, who believed a week ago that Gerrard could be coaxed north to begin his career in management, now sense only formalities are to be completed. Gerrard headed straight from his midweek Champions League punditry work for BT Sport to continue talks with Rangers, including the chairman Dave King, in London

The 37-year-old is believed to be enthused by the prospect of firstly narrowing the gap between Rangers and Celtic, before attempting an assault on the Scottish title.

Gerrard is expected to name the former Scotland captain Gary McAllister as part of his coaching staff. Barring a late and sensational change in circumstances, which nobody at Ibrox anticipates, Gerrard will accept the role left vacant when Pedro Caixinha was sacked last October. The Champions League winner is expected to sign a three-year contract."

This from today's Grauniad. Loaded with certainty, absolutely not hedging their their bets with conditional clauses.

Archived