The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see Martin Canning's talking sensibly about the possible arrival of Stevie Ger.  

Steven Gerrard's arrival at Rangers would be a significant boost for Scottish football, says Hamilton Academical manager Martin Canning.

The former Liverpool and England captain is in talks about succeeding Graeme Murty as manager at Ibrox.

"For the profile of the league, it would be great," Canning told BBC Scotland.

"Every year that I have been manager, the league has become stronger. The profile has grown year on year."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43978263

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Martin Canning's talking sensibly about the possible arrival of Stevie Ger.  

Interesting. [emoji848] It’s not that long ago that you wouldn’t have given Martín Canning the steam aff yer pish, metaphorically speaking.

Now he’s the feckin’ Oracle of Delphi.

What did you make of Kris Boyd’s comments re. same, Kinky ?

(Boyd article on p.165 of this thread......you’re welcome)

30 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I see Sevconians are still winning in the embarrassing fans stakes.

Probably just another Sevco fan creating a spoof Celtic fan account to win something or other because Sevco are so fucking shite.

Just now, sparky88 said:

Ironically Martin Canning would be an infinitely more sensible choice of Rangers manager than Steven Gerrard.

Lol good one. Seen his win %?

Please someone take him.

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Lol good one. Seen his win %?

Please someone take him.

Oh I'm sure it's shite. But he actually knows something about Scottish football and has been paid to manage a football club, which already puts him light years ahead of Stevie G.

Probably just another Sevco fan creating a spoof Celtic fan account to win something or other because Sevco are so fucking shite.

I find it hard to believe that someone could be so pathetic in order to manifest some idiotic one-upmanship.

So yeh, quite plausible.

29 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You can't state that without qualification.  If you lived in, say, Airdrie from age 1-7 then Motherwell from 7 onwards where do you come from?  If you come from, say, Stornoway are you obliged to support Ross County as it's the nearest ground or St Mirren as it's probably the quickest to get to?  What if you live equidistant from, say, Fir Park and NDP?

The 'where you come from argument' is fraught with difficulties.

See above.  I suppose this is why a good proportion of posters on here don't support their local team.

You aren't fooling anyone with that pile of pish you posted.

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I find it hard to believe that someone could be so pathetic in order to manifest some idiotic one-upmanship.

So yeh, quite plausible.

Their beloved club can't win on the park so they can boast n brag how much better they are than anyone else. So a reasonable assumption they will stoop to any level to try and win something. :lol:

Would it really boost the profile of the league? If one of my favourite players went to manage in Luxembourg, I wouldn't give even the slightest extra amount of a toss about the Luxembourger league.

Would it really boost the profile of the league? If one of my favourite players went to manage in Luxembourg, I wouldn't give even the slightest extra amount of a toss about the Luxembourger league.

If Doolan went to manage in Luxembourg I'd probably follow his Progres.

Archived