The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That most fantastic part of this isn't that McInnes knocked back Rangers.

It's that people immediately started screaming 'we demand a statement' in an act of mocking Rangers historical stupidity and lack of dignity in these situations, always thinking to themselves 'surely no, they'll have learnt their lesson this time' .  

And then like your favourite band, not wanting to leave the masses disappointed and reappearing for their 3rd encore, there they fucking were with a new absolute doozy. 

If they had any self awareness and self deprecation, they'd be able to shrug this off as having a wee bit of fun at their own expense and we'd instantly think 'well that's rubbish' and probably move on. That they are wholly serious though, makes this a hilarious, never end stumble from fuckup to fuckup. The ride never ends. 

One day someone will chronicle the events of the banter years. In 200 years, a football historian somewhere will read this record and come to the incorrect conclusion that the stories contain a grain of truth but have been exaggerated by mocking rival supporters for storytelling purposes, much like biblical tales as there's no way such a long list of mental fuckups could happen in just over half a decade.  And I wouldn't blame them, the fall has been dramatic, constant and probably irreversible. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masterstroke by McInnes to lose the two "head to head" games and then reject them, as we now have swathes of Rangers fans delighted they've hired a manager who couldn't beat Hamilton and Dundee.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

tbf, McInnes isn't even close to either of those, this is a far far bigger boot in the stanes than both of those rejections.

I agree that the whole Scottish landscape was different then.  Rangers were markedly worse than Aberdeen and Dundee United at that time.  Those managers had also obviously achieved great things at their clubs.  

In the current case, Aberdeen are alongside Rangers in terms of level and McInnes has done well, as opposed to amazingly.

The parallels do exist though.  Someone had asked if Rangers had ever been rejected by a Scottish manager before and the answer to that is Yes.  I think too that this is a bigger "boot in the stanes" in part because of the media age we're in and the time frame involved.

This one is certainly hilarious.

9 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Peak Rangers* will be administration, ideally followed by liquidation. Like what happened to Rangers.

amusingreaction.gif

Anyway - any suggestions for a film name of the inevitable big screen version of the journey?

"Quantum of Concomitant"

"The Big House Must Stay Open"

"Glib and Shameless"

are my three suggestions.

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

In the rich history of Rangers CLUB STATEMENTS, this one is the pinnacle. The banter will never die.

6 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Rangers statements are concomitant with uncontrollable laughter....

5 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

That statement is fantastic. I’m fair enjoying these banter years.

The Banter Years : A Quantum of Concomitant Statements

Shocking state of affairs for a 'massive' club.  So massive they didn't get their no 1 target and now claim he has mental issues that means the club is too massive for him.  Lol.  What a circus Sevco2012 are.

Can Traynor not just use his employees in the MSM to come out with the truth.  Sevco2012 have no money and no one is willing to be the manager that oversees years of playing second fiddle to Celtic because that's not where the 'massive' Sevco2012 should be.  Wee R The Peepil, unbroken history, yada yada.

moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk.

Apart from the "massive" part, what's actually false about this statement? Moving to Rangers *would* be a massive risk. A risk of not getting paid, for instance.

Can Div or a mod with sufficient powers please change The_Kincardine's screen name to The_Concomitant? I will send you a packet of Space Raiders and a jammy dodger in exchange*

* I won't

10 hours ago, sugna said:

Two things strike me about that statement:

1. Actual tears and snotters
  2. By the prose style, it clearly comes from the same hand as King's statement after he resigned Warburton; possibly King's own. Same snidey digs at the character of someone who is unlikely to strike back, and written in a way that invites the reader to conclude,"Either this is true, or the club isn't as great as I'd like to think it is. So... it must be... true!" 

My view, which may be naive, is that the majority of the support will see right through this. It is very weak and not in the least bit credible.

That statement has Jim Traynor written all over, under and through it.

The Scottish media and a large number of Rangers fans seem to be ignoring the elephant in the room.

If someone who is Rangers-minded doesn't want the job then it shows what a fucking basketcase your club is.

And absolutely none of them could ever give a realistic answer as to who they could bring in that would be better.

This sort of thing should show them that they're still one of the diddy clubs they slag so much, but instead, all they'll do is bury their heads in the sand. They SHOULD be out there, in big numbers, asking for answers from their totally inept board.

I suppose if they were capable of that, they wouldn't have died in the first place.

10 hours ago, sugna said:

Two things strike me about that statement:

1. Actual tears and snotters
  2. By the prose style, it clearly comes from the same hand as King's statement after he resigned Warburton; possibly King's own. Same snidey digs at the character of someone who is unlikely to strike back, and written in a way that invites the reader to conclude,"Either this is true, or the club isn't as great as I'd like to think it is. So... it must be... true!" 

My view, which may be naive, is that the majority of the support will see right through this. It is very weak and not in the least bit credible.

Jim Traynor created that. Probably by mashing his face across the keyboard in a fit of sobbing rage.  I doubt very much that anyone at board level even saw it before he vomited it out into the world with Rangers name attached to it.

Fat c*nt.

Archived