The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Evening Times

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/Rangers/15703634.Rangers_will_meet_Aberdeen__39_s_compensation_demands_for_boss_Derek_McInnes

Rangers will meet Aberdeen's compensation demands for boss Derek McInnes

Christopher Jack  @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer

Derek McInnes

Rangers will meet the compensation fee required to land Derek McInnes as their new boss.

The 46-year-old has been identified as the man the Ibrox board want to succeed Pedro Caixinha in the dugout.

But Aberdeen last night rejected a request from Rangers to speak to their former midfielder about a return to the club.

A Dons statement read: “Aberdeen Football Club has announced this evening that Rangers have contacted the Club asking for permission to speak to Derek McInnes and that permission has been refused.”

It is almost six weeks since Caixinha was sacked after a poor start to the campaign but Rangers are now keen to appoint his successor sooner rather than later.

And a deal for McInnes remains on the cards despite the Dons rebuffing an approach for his services.

Rangers are aware that a package of just under £1million will be needed to secure McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty and have made it clear to Pittodrie chiefs that they are willing to meet the financial demands.

It is understood that the Gers opted to do the honourable thing and wait until after the Premiership double-header with Aberdeen last week before making an official approach for the Reds boss.

And the risk paid off as interim manager Graeme Murty led his side to a 3-0 win at Ibrox and 2-1 success at Pittodrie as the Light Blues climbed to second place in the Premiership.

Speaking after the match on Sunday, McInnes stated he was ‘not happy with how things have been played out’ following several weeks of talk about his future.

Pittodrie chief Stewart Milne claimed last month that his manager had 'no intention of going anywhere' amid talk of interest from Rangers and West Bromwich Albion.

But Rangers have now tested the Dons' resolve after making a formal move to make McInnes their new boss.

Chairman Dave King provided an update to supporters at the Annual General Meeting last Thursday and vowed that the next man at the helm would be given funds to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window.

____

Warchest!!!!!

Is there a more obnoxious individual on this planet that Chris Jack?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non OF clubs shouldn’t be overly critical either, it could just as easily have been your club if you had a desirable manager in charge.

They done the same with O'Halloran. Spoke to his agent about wages and signing fees, had the media spread rumours about it for weeks, and then waited until the last day of the month to offer us a deal in four installments.

Quivering shitebags to a man. Still say we had the last laugh though, £400k we got from them.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They done the same with O'Halloran. Spoke to his agent about wages and signing fees, had the media spread rumours about it for weeks, and then waited until the last day of the month to offer us a deal in four installments.

Quivering shitebags to a man. Still say we had the last laugh though, £400k we got from them.

Yup, definitely the *** way. 

It was the exact same modus operandi with Nacho Novo. The Daily Record was virtually demanding Rangers sign him every time he scored for Dundee. He then plays a starring role in a draw against them at Dens, McLeish post-match says "He's definitely a player I admire" when asked about the possibility of signing him (by a reporter, whilst he was under contract to Dundee, after a fixture at Dens :lol:).

Monday morning: Transfer request submitted and player pretty much threatening to go on strike unless he gets a move. 

One of many reasons I was absolutely delighted to see them die.

Fairly enjoying all the Rangers fans totally oblivious to the reasons they've waited until now to make a move for McInnes tbh

12 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

It was the exact same modus operandi with Nacho Novo. The Daily Record was virtually demanding Rangers sign him every time he scored for Dundee. He then plays a starring role in a draw against them at Dens, McLeish post-match says "He's definitely a player I admire" when asked about the possibility of signing him (by a reporter, whilst he was under contract to Dundee, after a fixture at Dens :lol:).

Monday morning: Transfer request submitted and player pretty much threatening to go on strike unless he gets a move. 

Although different, their handling of getting Kizhnazhvili (sp?) was worse.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

My understanding is there’s no figure that automatically triggers. Which means Aberdeen under no obligation at any price. - Chris McLaughlin

That's probably true, but if McInnes wants to leave (and everyone has accepted that he does) then I seriously doubt if the Dons' board will stop him.

The uncertainty is having an effect on the team and on results, and McInnes's relationship with the supporters would fall off the cliff to the extent that it would be unwise for him to be in the dugout at Dens on Friday.

Der H*n will pay, and McInnes will be away. Hopefully ASAP, so it's not hanging over us like a bad smell for much longer.

32 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Old club, new club, exactly the same.  My father went on about them doing it in the 60's to get Alex MacDonald from Saints. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

My understanding is there’s no figure that automatically triggers. Which means Aberdeen under no obligation at any price. - Chris McLaughlin

Almost certainly there would be terms in the contract to deal with approaches from other teams but that might not include a specific compensation figure. In some sense compensation would be a moving target related to performance. If Aberdeen/McInnes had agreed £1m (for example) when he signed the contract that might reasonably rise if Aberdeen were winning the league every year. I'm sure this is covered by pages of small print earning lots of money for lawyers.

Although different, their handling of getting Kizhnazhvili (sp?) was worse.

Khizanishvili (probably) [emoji23]

Yes, they effectively got him for £35k (because he was under 24 or something), I think Murray found a loophole which meant he shouldn't have had to pay even that, he then threatened to bankrupt us over it (we were on the edge of admin #1 at the time) , again through the media.

5 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Haha. Glorious. 

If true (and it would be lunacy not to have a specific figure written into the contract) then it sets up Derek for resigning, and then where does that leave us? 

Archived