The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

It was clear yesterday at Pittodrie that the fans want Murty to be given the gig on a permanent basis and most are underwhelmed at the prospect of McInnes at the helm.
Why spunk hundreds of thousands on a compensation deal plus a huge salary (by Scottish football standards) for a guy who either just doesn’t want to join us or simply knows he won’t be able to handle the demands and expectations of the job. McInnes is a decent sort, but have an increasingly nagging doubt that he’s the long term answer.
We’re miles off C*ltic but Murty can steady the ship amongst the others who are also playing catch up. Give him to the end of the season at least and the opportunity to give more game time to our own emerging talent. Surely makes more sense than another risky appointment with customary ‘baggage’ signings to completely dismantle things again.
The meagre list of available managers with at least a reasonable CV are hardly queuing down the Copland Road. Give GM a full tilt at it.

f**k of you sensible b*****d

I don’t think it’s McInnes fault at all. I don’t think he’s been formally approached and I don’t even think Rangers have asked permission. I get the feeling this was all the point in the first place.

My thought is that Rangers want this to drag out. They want to unsettle McInnes as the #1 target. They want to wear Milne and the Dons down to achieve the 6 points they did this past week in the double header and then as Milne has told them he’ll cost upwards of $750-1M in compensation and he wants it all in one go, they are trying to come up with the funds but use the Scottish media to push and wear down the Dons as they are a cretinous sort who don’t care much about rumor and conjecture. All you have to do is listen to Sportsound or SSB on the radio or podcasts to listen to the drivel being spouted.

It’s all dirty tactics. The only way I think McInnes may be at fault is if somehow he is in on this, but as a pretty solid professional and good manager I don’t see that. It’s not his nature. I think it is in the nature of those horrible Rangers board troglodytes and even if they get him this whole thing will fall apart at some point as it won’t matter what manager they get. Rangers internally are a mess.

I think we all want this to be over as the pundits are excruciating [emoji37] at the moment.

If Rangers have done anything wrong during the McInnes transfer saga it was taking too long to get the funds together for compensation. Although, to be fair they've spent a lot of money in the summer, spent extra on buying out Caixinha's contract, and probably already agreed to provide extra funds due to the shock Euro exit in the first round.

If they've done anything right, it's drip feed the media stories about McInnes and let them run with it. Then you get the pundits chipping in with their opinions, phone-ins and fan speculation and before you know it the Dons are unsettled and their fans are all arguing with each other on their club forums.

That is turning a negative into a positive to perfection.

27 minutes ago, thepundit said:

If Rangers have done anything wrong during the McInnes transfer saga it was taking too long to get the funds together for compensation. Although, to be fair they've spent a lot of money in the summer, spent extra on buying out Caixinha's contract, and probably already agreed to provide extra funds due to the shock Euro exit in the first round.

If they've done anything right, it's drip feed the media stories about McInnes and let them run with it. Then you get the pundits chipping in with their opinions, phone-ins and fan speculation and before you know it the Dons are unsettled and their fans are all arguing with each other on their club forums.

That is turning a negative into a positive to perfection.

I'm at a negative Lynn.  And right now I need two positives.  You know, one to cancel out the negative and one...just to have a positive.

Archived