The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That is a very fair point. Plus, they're desperate. They'd only appoint a total clownshoes if they didn't appoint McInnes so this would be bad.

McInnes will fail there. Not because he is a bad manager but the expectations at Ibrox are just too high. The fans NEED their team to be successful to justify their own lives. We’ve seen it on here and I’m sure most of us have experienced it first hand during our live times.

Their continued pain pleases me.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

McInnes will fail there. Not because he is a bad manager but the expectations at Ibrox are just too high. The fans NEED their team to be successful to justify their own lives. We’ve seen it on here and I’m sure most of us have experienced it first hand during our live times.

Their continued pain pleases me.

Oh no, he'll succeed. Rangers will fail while he succeeds in walking away laughing having done 6 months work for 4-5 years worth of over-inflated wages. I doubt McInnes will give 2 fecks about how well he does there once he signs the dotted line.

Oh no, he'll succeed. Rangers will fail while he succeeds in walking away laughing having done 6 months work for 4-5 years worth of over-inflated wages. I doubt McInnes will give 2 fecks about how well he does there once he signs the dotted line.

I always find people who think along these lines (f**k trying, I’m already getting paid) are generally wasters in life.

That means you, not McInnes.

Just now, Dindeleux said:

I always find people who think along these lines (f**k trying, I’m already getting paid) are generally wasters in life.

That means you, not McInnes.

I can't afford to be a waster. McInnes can and won't care less what people think of him when he retires on a multi million pound sum. We see the same thing with football players all the time, settling for the likes of Celtic as their end game, even if they could go considerably further. Money motivates, once you have money, you don't need motivation.

I can't afford to be a waster. McInnes can and won't care less what people think of him when he retires on a multi million pound sum. We see the same thing with football players all the time, settling for the likes of Celtic as their end game, even if they could go considerably further. Money motivates, once you have money, you don't need motivation.

Absolute nonsense.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've said all along that McInnes was clearly interested in the job.

I actually think he's handled it all fairly skilfully and fairly respectfully.   I'd thought given the passage of time that it probably wasn't happening, but if the offer is forthcoming, it's been clear from the outset that he'd probably be away.

It still looks that way to me.  I wouldn't particularly blame him, but it would be a shame if Rangers landed someone competent.  The job however, is not nearly as unattractive as people on here often  make out.

Competent. He's just lost twice to a below strength Sevco, despite having better players in every position.

Aberdeen shat it big time, as they normally do under McInnes against Rangers and Celtic. It's annoying because when they DO have a go, they tend to give a good game and not get humped. He never learns from this at all.

I've also seen nothing to suggest Rangers have better players.

It must be demoralising for Tommy Wright that a pundit, 6 months into management, has better odds getting Tommy's dream job than he does. Neil McCann in to 2nd favourite with the bookies which is just bizarre, it'd be hilarious, but bizarre.

Rangers should've built foundations five years ago, when you could've spent a fifth of your income and still been spending multiples of teams in the same division. Instead theyve spent £150m on absolutely nothing and have completely crippled themselves.

Have you got the source for the claims that Rangers spent 100 million going from Div 3 to SP?

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Have you got the source for the claims that Rangers spent 100 million going from Div 3 to SP?

I think the figure's maybe a bit wild and a bit of a misrepresentation, but it is true that the new club got through tens of millions on the way up the divisions.  

There was coverage to the effect that even before they stalled for an extra season in the Champioship, the figure was around seventy million.  That however was not all about spending on the team.  Instead, it was an approximation of the income there had been over the first couple of seasons.  It included the initial investment Green somehow pulled in at the start, the season ticket money, any sponsorship deals and transfer fees.

Now, it's true that there was absolutely nothing to show for all of that in terms of savings or assets, so it's absolutely astounding that that's the case, given the level they were operating at.  It's more astounding yet that in their bottom tier season, they failed to win almost a third of their matches and that it took until their fourth and final season outside of the top flight, for them to lift the Challenge Cup - a competition they'd always taken seriously. 

They were also paying many of their players ridiculously high wages for where they competed, but it could be argued that as a percentage of turnover, football wages weren't that excessive.  

The reality though is that when Green established the new club, it was set up entirely as a money making enterprise for him and a handful of cronies.  Remember, they were on massive bonuses for lower division titles.  McCoist had his nose firmly in that trough and Walter Smith lent the regime credibility by becoming a puppet chairman.

So yes, Rangers did get through utterly staggering sums of money and yes, they spent far more on players than was remotely necessary.  I'm not sure though that you could argue that as a club, they "spent" all of it in a conventional sense.

Archived