The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think it’ll be Murty as he’s the cheapest option. They are probably waiting for him to win another game as you can’t really announce the guy right after Hamilton hand you your arse.

I still think it’ll be Murty as he’s the cheapest option. They are probably waiting for him to win another game as you can’t really announce the guy right after Hamilton hand you your arse.

Theyve been waiting on McInnes demanding to leave Aberdeen, which is why they've had the media spend the past month piling pressure into him. It's exactly what they done to get MOH at a lower cost than first demanded.

They can't afford a McInnes who isn't demanding to leave.

Theyve now been left with either Murty or someone out of work, more like than an Alex McLeish who hasn't managed in the UK for almost half a decade and clearly has some serious illness/issue.

Be interesting to see how far crowds will drop if they hire McLeish and stumble to fourth

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

McInnes isn't near the end of his contract is he?

Nope. He signed a new contract in the summer after Sunderland approached him.

Given Murty said he didn't want/wasn't interested in the job when he was interim previously I doubt it will have become any more appealing in the 9 months since.

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nope. He signed a new contract in the summer after Sunderland approached him.

Given Murty said he didn't want/wasn't interested in the job when he was interim previously I doubt it will have become any more appealing in the 9 months since.

He is probably now immune to the abuse hurled at failing sevco managers as all of them he has worked under have failed. His ego now may be tempted to take a punt at the job after what is now his second interim spell.I honestly think he will get the gig till the end of the season, the sevconians are pratted,

Dave King and his merry band are being lined up as the future stars of a new tv show along the lines of the 60s- 70s show the comedians.The new show is being called Ibrox the factory of LOL's.

He is probably now immune to the abuse hurled at failing sevco managers as all of them he has worked under have failed. His ego now may be tempted to take a punt at the job after what is now his second interim spell.I honestly think he will get the gig till the end of the season

Just like Paul McDonald you mean?

Anyway, I'm fairly easy going about it - every day they don't appoint someone is another day where it could still be Phil Brown....

Anyway, I'm fairly easy going about it - every day they don't appoint someone is another day where it could still be Phil Brown....

They couldn’t afford the compensation Southend United would want for Brown tbf.

5 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Don't think they could afford his salary, they are trying to save face, any manager they think will appease their fans will be wanting a big salary & big transfer funds so that's them omitted, McInnes would need sectioned if he took it now, McLeish,McCall and the many past associates would incur the wrath of the fans if they were given the gig, it leaves Murty to continue till the end of the season.

23 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Don't think they could afford his salary, they are trying to save face, any manager they think will appease their fans will be wanting a big salary & big transfer funds so that's them omitted, McInnes would need sectioned if he took it now, McLeish,McCall and the many past associates would incur the wrath of the fans if they were given the gig, it leaves Murty to continue till the end of the season.

That would be my guess as well. They'll use their season ticket money to pay off Aberdeen and and use McInnes' name to sell more season tickets.

54 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Just seen a post on rangersmedia, a *** has posted a tweet which was quickly deleted by the club saying they were delighted to announce the appointment of G Murty as the new manager on a 2 year deal, intriguing development if accurate.

Surely Rangers media isn't an official forum linked to the club. It's populated by utter lunatics and bigots.

That would be my guess as well. They'll use their season ticket money to pay off Aberdeen and and use McInnes' name to sell more season tickets.

I don’t get why McInnes would go there. Yes he might be a *** but he also strikes me as still being ambitious, potentially another crack at England ambitious, and if he’s sensible enough to turn down Sunderland then he must see how little Rangers can actually offer him. They can’t even afford to buy him FFS.

For the same reason that players from Scottish clubs outwith the OF will jump at the chance to sign for either of them regardless of it being a terrible career move, when they could instead stay at their current club for another year or two, playing regularly and developing themselves to the point where they can make a good career move down south.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Andrei Kanchelsksis is the latest EBT warrior to be wheeled out with his support of Derek McInnes for Rangers. 

I'm disappointed we've not seen the following headline in the SMSM:

"Former Gers midfielder, Derek McInnes backs Dons manager for Rangers hot seat"

4 hours ago, thisal said:

I don't think that we can sell that much more season tickets than we have at present...

The McInnes media speculation is getting tiresome

Archived