The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I wouldn’t trust Bomber to find his own car keys, never mind Scotland’s next great talent.

He wouldn't find shite in a septic tank.

In my opinion If they can’t get Derek from the Dons who is clear favorite then it’s either going to be Big Eck, Madman Davies or possibly if you want a big name, I could see an approach for Frank De Boer if and only if Rangers have the cash and Frank like Derek gets some assurances. He did great job at Ajax tbf. My foreign ex player dark horse. I’d talk to him at least. It’s going to be a Rangers man. They have to get the appointment right after so many failures. The more I think about it the more I laugh loudly at their appointment of Pedro. Lol what where they thinking? Even the Portuguese don’t know who he is.

I can’t see any Englishman non Ranger getting the job. So forget Allardyce or Pardew. Won’t happen. Rangers don’t have the war chest for these guys and there is more risk involved appointing them.

PS - looking at Oddschecker it’s sad that Barry Ferguson has less chance of getting it than several ex-Celtic players. That’s got to be a kick in the nuts for the ex-captain. [emoji15]

7 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

In my opinion If they can’t get Derek from the Dons who is clear favorite then it’s either going to be Big Eck, Madman Davies or possibly if you want a big name, I could see an approach for Frank De Boer if and only if Rangers have the cash and Frank like Derek gets some assurances. He did great job at Ajax 

Frank de Boer would do well at Rangers in my opinion. Fair enough he's failed in a few jobs but one would *think* the Rangers job would have a lot of similarities for de Boer to the Ajax job.

But lets be honest, we're all just waiting for the "Rangers Approach Aberdeen For McInnes" exclusive aren't we? 

Frank de Boer would do well at Rangers in my opinion. Fair enough he's failed in a few jobs but one would *think* the Rangers job would have a lot of similarities for de Boer to the Ajax job.

From what I've read (not a lot tbh, and no nothing about it beyond that) his failures have been more about trying to enforce the exact style of play Ajax have onto the squad, with absolutely no attempt at changing it, which eventually leads to dressing rooms turning against him as results start to fall.

I'm not sure Rangers have a squad who could effectively play "Total Football", so I couldn't see him being successful

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

From what I've read (not a lot tbh, and no nothing about it beyond that) his failures have been more about trying to enforce the exact style of play Ajax have onto the squad, with absolutely no attempt at changing it, which eventually leads to dressing rooms turning against him as results start to fall.

I'm not sure Rangers have a squad who could effectively play "Total Football", so I couldn't see him being successful

Fair enough, but do you think the squad would turn against him in the way Palace and Inter apparently did? (not that I'm convinced he was given enough time at Palace)

Like at Ajax, he'd be well respected, expected to build players up and sell them on, and work on a tight budget (in European terms). It's practically the same job and very different to being in charge of Palace and Inter, no?

As for total football, I agree Rangers probably aren't capable. I'm not a fan of it myself. 

It's practically the same job

Wow. I always assume the Rangers fans are just trying to defend their club but it seems they actually haven't got a clue what's happened in the last 5 years.

Do you actually know where Rangers are as a club right now and do you seriously think that they can compared to Ajax in such a way that you think the job would be similar?

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Wow. I always assume the Rangers fans are just trying to defend their club but it seems they actually haven't got a clue what's happened in the last 5 years.

Do you actually know where Rangers are as a club right now and do you seriously think that they can compared to Ajax in such a way that you think the job would be similar?

Ajax haven't won the league since 2014. They're hardly on a roll themselves. Why don't you think de Boer would see the similarities in managing Rangers and Ajax compared to Palace and Inter? It seems fairly obvious to me but I'd be willing to listen to your reasoning rather than saying you 'don't have a clue'.

11 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

To be fair when De Boer took over Ajax they had went over 5 years without a title and were struggling.  Not sure about their financial status at the time (and of course they were still the original club) but its a reasonably fair comparison.

Ajax haven't won the league since 2014. They're hardly on a roll themselves. Why don't you think de Boer would see the similarities in managing Rangers and Ajax compared to Palace and Inter? It seems fairly obvious to me but I'd be willing to listen to your reasoning rather than saying you 'don't have a clue'.

The two clubs situations were completely different ends of the scale.

When De Boer took over half way through the 10/11 season, Ajax were in the Champions League. They had an exceptional young squad at the time that included the likes of Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Erikson, Oijer, De Zeeuw and numerous others. They had just received €25m for Saurez and were already cash rich. At that time Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord were all struggling with Twente and AZ winning the previous two titles.

He came in at the perfect time with a very good squad able to play his style of football, a shit load of money while playing in the CL at a time when Ajax were earning about €100m a season. Ajax also have one of the best academies in the world. The other 2 massive clubs in Holland were weak. Everything was ready for him to walk in and dominate at that time and granted he didn't disappoint.

In contrast, Rangers are earning around £30m a season (1/3 of what Celtic are earning), have a squad full of duds with no potentially excellent young players, no cash in the bank, directors loans being required twice a season to pay the bills, an academy that produces nothing while being up against one of the strongest Celtic teams ever in terms of domestic dominance.

I'm sorry but claiming that both jobs would be similar to him is just pure ignorance and arrogance based on the belief that Rangers are the same club they were 10/20 years ago. The job required at Rangers to even think about challenging Celtic is absolutely massive and in no way can be compared to Ajax in 2010.

Fair enough, but do you think the squad would turn against him in the way Palace and Inter apparently did? (not that I'm convinced he was given enough time at Palace)

Like at Ajax, he'd be well respected, expected to build players up and sell them on, and work on a tight budget (in European terms). It's practically the same job and very different to being in charge of Palace and Inter, no?

I'm not convinced. Seemingly Wallace and Miller turned against Caixinha due to a difference in tactical preference, and both are seemingly fairly influential, so I can imagine identical problems with De Boer.

And Ajax are a unique club, who've had a set style for nigh on four decades, which starts at the U12s and goes right to the senior team. De Boer completely understood that style, and so did a chunk of the players, so he had success. He'd be going into a blank space at Rangers, in terms of players knowledge of that system, and I'm not convinced it's something an entire squad can pick up within a few months. I just can't see him being successful anywhere other than Ajax unless he changed entirely

Archived