The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EH75 said:

That's all well and good but Alex Neil is currently at Preston and has only been in the job 5 minutes so that argument doesn't really apply. 

True enough, but give it time. There's plenty of decent jobs here that he'd consider if and when harder times come.

Alex Neil is 5 games without a win, having suffered 3 successive defeats. He's incredibly overrated by some on here due to a good 6 months with Hamilton and a good 6 months with Norwich (Who were underperforming when he joined, with a budget that should have had them challenging for the title nevermind the play-offs).

I highly doubt he'll be back in the EPL. That said - his stock is high enough for him to just laugh at Rangers.

And before anyone states the obvious, yes, I know I said Hartley would be a better manager than him eventually.

Ludo still so bitter about Alex Neil and 2014 [emoji17]

I'm just happy he had a complete meltdown and cost you guys the league in the season we won it. And you guys got a memorable play-off tie against Hibs. Win win for both of us due to his incompetence at that point.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Alex "Rule Britannia" Rae reckons McInnes will go if offered the job for all the same reasons that, erm, didn't see him move to Sunderland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41843915

It's a great read. Saying Rangers fans won't accept draws away to provincial clubs. I'm guessing they would be quite happy with a point at Celtic Park...

Questions whether or not Alan Pardew would take the job given the "circumstances" but seems absolutely certain Derek McInnes, who is in gainful employment and has already knocked back a similar shambles, would jump at it.

The man is an absolute cretin.

DM
"As I said last week, my job is here"

"A manager in a job will always do due diligence before moving to another club"

" The Sunderland situation is a reminder that being in a good environment is a great advantage at a club".

"To be tucked in 1pt behind pleases me and there is still much to improve on"

25 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

DM
"As I said last week, my job is here"

"A manager in a job will always do due diligence before moving to another club"

" The Sunderland situation is a reminder that being in a good environment is a great advantage at a club".

"To be tucked in 1pt behind pleases me and there is still much to improve on"

A non-denial denial if ever there was one.

So he's basically saying he's interested and wanting to see what Rangers have to offer, but he's not 100% committing himself.

Of course he is interested in it. He's been in talks with them before after all.

Still can't see it happening.

30 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

McInnes saying to Rangers 'come and get me, just tell me you've got money for me to spend'.

That's not the way I read it, but, hey ho, you're desperately trying to believe the hype, I guess not happy with Aberdeen doing well? (Or keen for DM to go, us to go for AA and you lot to get a decent replacement? )

Anyway, IMHO (and according to my contacts) there has been no contact from the depths of Govan which suggests either they don't want McInnes or they can't even afford to ask how much the compo would be.

That's not the way I read it, but, hey ho, you're desperately trying to believe the hype, I guess not happy with Aberdeen doing well? (Or keen for DM to go, us to go for AA and you lot to get a decent replacement? )
Anyway, IMHO (and according to my contacts) there has been no contact from the depths of Govan which suggests either they don't want McInnes or they can't even afford to ask how much the compo would be.

Personally I don't give a fig if McInnes goes or not. And as for Archibald. I think his next move will be down south.

23 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

I think the issue managers have with clubs having a DOF is whether they perceive it as a threat, i.e. do they think there's a chance that DOF could take their job?

That isn't really the case with the guy at Rangers, who seems to be pretty low-profile and hasn't worked as a manager before.

Derek McInnes has restructured the whole  football department at Aberdeen and he won't have the same with Rangers so that is why I asked the question.

Media have been terrible although must be running out of Rangers men to speak about our manager being the right choice  - step forward the bbc today oh dear!  I suppose with so many Rangers/Celtic fans in the media that other clubs are not going to get much of a voice. 

2 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

So how is the media puppet placemen's campaign to unsettle Aberdeen's manager going? Note the complete absence of any actual activity by the club itself. Or is that the company?

Maybe your sevco monitor mates could help you out there....

Alex Neil is 5 games without a win, having suffered 3 successive defeats. He's incredibly overrated by some on here due to a good 6 months with Hamilton and a good 6 months with Norwich (Who were underperforming when he joined, with a budget that should have had them challenging for the title nevermind the play-offs).

I highly doubt he'll be back in the EPL. That said - his stock is high enough for him to just laugh at Rangers.

And before anyone states the obvious, yes, I know I said Hartley would be a better manager than him eventually.

Preston also a few points off the play offs and had a tough run of fixtures.

I don't know how valid it is but I'd heard the viewpoint that Neil is a great manager and gets a lot of what he has but his big problem at Norwich was recruitment. If that was the only big issue behind him, I think he can be a good manager long term.

I'd say that what Rangers probably need right now is someone who can really build a squad to a high standard over a couple of seasons. McInnes to me seems their best shot at that sort of methodical club building exercise and is Rangers minded enough to alleviate pressure and get time.

Archived