Unbeaten for 3 weeks QP v next for the slaughter Alloa

Two comments on repeated mistakes. Firstly, Gus signed the offenders. His choices.
Secondly, if it's happening every week then it needs a deeper look than just blaming players. When things go badly wrong, in life generally, it's usually the sum of parts. Gus seems intent on making them play his way. Maybe they're just not good enough for that. Maybe he could consider if there's another way.

Agree with this its not just individual mistakes altho goals lost yesterday were horrific to watch
We're pretty one dimensional and teams have sussed out how to play against Gusball
There's a worrying lack of pace and urgency Galt and Brady are the only players who provide any drive and penetration
Also not a good sign that Millen and cummins showing their frustrations at their own team mates
Massive challenge for Gus to turn this round....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest he did nothing for me last week either. He got the goal through the ball falling at his feet in the 6 yard box abd again.
that's what good strikers do ally mccoist made a career out of it
That's where the comparison ends of course don't see we've got any better options in the squad so gus gonna have to do some good loan business
Donnelly clearly more suited to 10 role and McLennan untried but remember Zanatta didn't exactly set the heather alight when he started you've got to show patience with young players...

that's what good strikers do ally mccoist made a career out of it
That's where the comparison ends of course don't see we've got any better options in the squad so gus gonna have to do some good loan business
Donnelly clearly more suited to 10 role and McLennan untried but remember Zanatta didn't exactly set the heather alight when he started you've got to show patience with young players...

Agreed and I hope I'm proved wrong. I just don't see how he can be considered a solid starter when he has done little to prove what he can do. McLennan is indeed untried but why not try him? Our goals for is awful this season so why not mix it up and see what comes of it?
It also made no sense to me chasing a game and leaving the only striker we had on the bench there unused.

Would persevere with Orr up top. He's only 20 years old and has showed signs this season of being a decent striker. Feel as though dropping him will destroy the confidence he may of took from the Albion game. Biggest concern though I'd say is the midfield and defence. Fotheringham's performance have dropped dramatically in the absence of Mckernon alongside Cummins in the absence of Mcgeever. We severely lack any form of presence or leadership within the team and we get bullied in midfield every game. I feel as though some people(and myself) didn't realise how much we would miss Mckernon and quite clearly we haven't replaced him. Docherty has been one the few players this season who's actually impressed me but he doesn't have a Berry or Mckernon next to him to guide him through when the going gets tough. At this rate I'd take 9th place cause the league table currently is pretty grim viewing 

If you take vital cogs out of a machine, you need to find decent replacement parts. The second part has always been the extremely tough part. It's tough enough to do it in League Two, never mind when we're up a level. As I read/heard someone say, we can't just bring in a Mick Dunlop or an Alan Trouten because of our unique circumstances. To bring guys in with limited league experience straight into League One is always going to be extremely tough unless they are very talented. You can get away with it in League Two and be competitive, but not so much in this league.

It's still relatively early days but from what I've seen, I just don't think we're strong enough this season.  It's the cycle of Queen's Park FC. You have good players and/or success and eventually players move on, and the quality coming in dries up. We've seen it before and we'll undoubtedly see it again in the future. The players are giving everything in terms of effort and the manager has done a great job, but we are what we are and we are where we are. I hope we can turn it round this season, but I do fear the worst.

This time last year we had just been pumped 3-0 by Stennie at home to drop to second bottom. Think we had around the same points as well, perhaps 1 or 2 more. We then headed for Stranraer fearing a pumping but got a win which turned the season for us..... aye, I know, I'm clutching at straws here. Last season we had a stronger squad plus Zanatta hit form. Get Gibby back in the team for a start, everything we showed in strength at Cliftonhill went AWOL on Saturday. We severely lacked aggression at the back. Wharton has his faults but that is something he and Gibby certainly have. 

2 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

This time last year we had just been pumped 3-0 by Stennie at home to drop to second bottom. Think we had around the same points as well, perhaps 1 or 2 more. We then headed for Stranraer fearing a pumping but got a win which turned the season for us..... aye, I know, I'm clutching at straws here. Last season we had a stronger squad plus Zanatta hit form. Get Gibby back in the team for a start, everything we showed in strength at Cliftonhill went AWOL on Saturday. We severely lacked aggression at the back. Wharton has his faults but that is something he and Gibby certainly have. 

It was also a win at Stranraer the following week that turned things, if I’m not mistaken. Same again would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Aye. Is that not what I said ? 

It was, aye. :lol:

I have no explanation as to what I thought I was reading or replying to. Just think, if we win at Stranraer, it could just be like last season. That was the turning point. Surprised nobody has yet pointed this out during the course of the thread.

Archived