Unbeaten for 3 weeks QP v next for the slaughter Alloa

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be an interesting one. Manager made noises post match past week about the corner being turned. I hope he's right, and also hope injury list has cleared up a bit.

I thought in the previous game earlier in the season Queens would have taken something had they shown a bit more ambition. As the game wore on into the later stages they seemed to retreat into their shell and settle for a point.

Our record at Hampden in recent years is excellent. On the last trip there we scored early and simply sat back and soaked up- played QP at their own game a bit. It made for a poor spectacle but tactically it was spot on.

Be interesting to see what our starting lineup is, particularly if a couple of players become available again. Despite a good result last week we were patched up and I would suspect we will see changes.

Expecting a tough game with Queens coming off the back of an impressive win.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:02, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Donnelly and Orr. If you say it backwards and quickly it sounds like Toshack and Keegan.

A poor man's Rush and Dalglish ;)

I never feel confident before we play Alloa, especially at Hampden. Feel more hopeful after last week mind you 

Without doubt the worst  performance this season. Not even a corner. Willie Muir having a howler for more than one goal and Gus' substitutions and tactics beyond comprehension. No idea where we go from here.  No close control in midfield who were behind the pace? of the game throughout. Struggle does not begin to describe the situation we are in.

How dreadful was that? 4 poor goals every one of which could have been avoided. Alloa were less than average yet scudded us.

Problems all through the team, and disappointing after a decent performance at Coatbridge last week.

Flat.....bring on the drink.

Could Gus have found the right combination with Donnelly tucked in behind Orr? Have the defence settled? Are Alloa pish enough for us to maintain this ripple of momentum?

Yes, yes and yes. Get there early.

Make that an emphatic 3 No's [emoji17] 1 step forward and several backwards with that display
We were so poor hard to judge the quality of Alloa's performance but they looked a decent outfit to me, moved the ball smartly and were clinical in the final third Craig Malcolm with his obligatory goal having done little else other than wind up our centre backs
A cardboard cutout could have replaced Neil parry in goals and a depressing afternoon made worse by the stream of negativity around me at every sideways pass [emoji849]
Extremely difficult to grasp any positives but thought duff did ok when he came on
On substitutions should Brady have been given more time to run off his injury he was clearly raging when he came off or was he being punished for his part in the first goal?
I'm all for decisive substitutions but did Orr deserve to get hooked at HT? Feeding off scraps in 1st half and still think he's our best bet in that position...
Keep the faith [emoji51]

Archived