Buckfast Derby

36 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Technically they rent the full stadium but we were charged more for the Rangers games because all 4 stands were in use. I'm led to believe the stadium company are fully supportive of the Diamonds for Change group and knew about the banner so even if they were asked to remove it they wouldn't. That would have caused a lot of bother I would imagine in any case.

Stadco have nothing to do with DfC.   

Our protest was peaceful.   I'm not sure how to get the banner back, am actually shitting it to go ask for it back.

Also, it was costly on a personal basis. had to pay in twice :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, touchedbymadness said:

Our protest was peaceful.   I'm not sure how to get the banner back, am actually shitting it to go ask for it back.

Also, it was costly on a personal basis. had to pay in twice :)

Would it be fair to say that they would be sympathetic  to the aims of DfC ?

Also, it was costly on a personal basis. had to pay in twice [emoji4]

Just say some wee boys nicked it from your garage and you thought you'd never see it again until just after 3 on Saturday.

So, 64k USD question. Stadco have nothing to do with DfC but do they have any connection to the consortium?

3 hours ago, Nipper said:

Would it be fair to say that they would be sympathetic  to the aims of DfC ?

I'm quite sure their business would be better off with a fresh leadership at our club.

We (the 2 fans who unfurled the banner - our other members were unavailable) met a few of the consortium a few weeks back to scope out their interest as we're acquainted and they know our activist background and that we're not in the Trust leadership.   They're well known local businessmen as are the rest of them.

They explained the situation,  they can't deal with McGowan/Ballantynes ridiculous financial demands and there is no clarity regards any hidden landmines either they'd maybe incur.

They sent a press release to the advertiser last week stating their position.   Jordan McLay,  who wasn't at our meeting, has already publically came out as one of the 10 last week.  He has said on his fb post a lot about the Ballantyne's ignorance.   Jordan pulled out of a lucrative shirt sponsorship deal because of JB

The Trust approached McGowan last week for an update and he basically told them to go buzz off.  Ballantyne has around 10% of the club but he's central in a lot of things.

Last week he appointed 2 new directors who we have no real faith in.    It's good to have Holemasters on board as a sponsor but we're not aware they've bought any of Wotherspoon's shares.    We have no idea what Blubsy is doing.   He has been brought in as Ballantyne's pals at Ready (as in Rangers motto) Construction has propped him up.   Blubsy subs work to them and was co-opted after getting a corporate freebie.  Ready have shares in Rangers so can't legally be seen to be involved at another club.  Thats desperate.   The Trust say he's told them he's seen as a link between the board and the Trust.   Bizarre.

We demonstrated on Saturday to highlight the damage the current owners are causing our club.   Our crowds are desperate and no one seems to be buying Wotherspoon's £350000 worth of shares.   If you think this season is bad,  just wait till next.  Ballantyne is under so much pressure he needs covert help from Ready fckn Construction.  

In the meantime we realise our only hope of a future is for these guys to get in.   In order to do that we need the undesirables to gracefully  bow out.

So did you put it in place just before kick-off? How did you get over to the East Stand? I'm intrigued lol

7 hours ago, Diamond Sab said:

Has there been any response from the boardroom yet or is it more of the usual fingers in ears and hoping the whole thing goes away ?

Presuming he'll do it in public.   Or maybe he'll get Blubsy (as the link to the fans) to attempt to reach out.

Has there been any response from the boardroom yet or is it more of the usual fingers in ears and hoping the whole thing goes away ?

I was genuinely hoping for a drunken response on the site

You could go to the stadium when crossfit is on and get in that way. The doors into the concourse aren't locked. That's presuming it's still there.

20 minutes ago, 2lgm said:

Could you not have just sat in the stand with the banner? Good work by the way.

We planned to position it directly in front of the directors box and unveil it at 3:05 to cause Jim the maximum embarrassment in front of his guests.

If that sounds cruel, it's nowhere near the embarrassment he causes us on a weekly basis over many years.

#SACKTHEBOARD

Archived