Buckfast Derby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High scoring Rovers but leaking goals/ until last week Diamonds were average goal scorers and ok defence but after Gayfield's disaster then who knows what will happen. All the ex Airdrie players desperate to perform on a good surface ( Wallace/Trouten/McLaughlin) and our loan players taking care of themselves? Can't wait to see it considering all the rotten off the field stuff.

1 hour ago, The clean living guy said:

Not much interest for the Monklands derby. I put it down to lack of broadband in Coatbridge and apathy in the Airdrie support caused by the corrupt c***s running our club. 

Correction: corrupt c***s running OUR CLUB  “INTO THE GROUND”

BALLANTYNE AND THE INSANE CLOWN POSSE

“OUT OUT OUT”

Hard to call this one, from an Airdrie point of view.  That we can go from battling performances at Kirkaldy and Ayr, and even quite good, dominant performances (albeit against quite poor teams), to utter clownshoes catastrophes like last week makes it hard to predict how we'll play.   It'll be my first game a few weeks, so hoping we can put in a good performance.  

Diamonds for Change

A bright future lies ahead for our Great Wee Club once the planned and expected change of ownership and leadership has been achieved.  A movement has begun to facilitate this as our club has been infiltrated by people who are on an ego trip, have bad intentions and who simply cannot be trusted.  We must embark upon and support the process of cleansing our club of these imposters with the ultimate intention of reestablishing our club as a force for good and one the supporters and town of Airdrie can be proud of.  Diamonds for Change will be working with all the relevant parties with a primary objective of influencing the needed change and holding to account the people who are obstructing the greater good.

Now is the time for the Ballantyne family to accept their obligations and to organise and encourage a professional and orderly transition of control functions and ownership to the newly formed consortium.  We are clear that the individuals involved in the takeover group all have the best intentions for our club.  The Ballantyne family have invested time and money into our club and this legacy will be remembered in time with fondness if their exit is planned and delivered with consideration and dignity.  We urge all parties to target this approach as the alternative possible outcomes will not only be costly and time consuming, but will further delay the focus required to rehabilitate and cleanse our club.  

DfC will provide guidance on this movement for change, supporting our fans with information and reassurance when the forthcoming changes and challenges feel difficult.  All possible options are currently being discussed and considered which include radically reinventing the football club; possibly starting the club again for the long term benefit rather than continuing to be bullied and manipulated by wrongdoers.  We have a serious group of financially capable business people who all originate from our town who wish to fund, back and then develop the ambition of putting Airdrieonians on the path to recovery, development and then success.  

Don’t be afraid!

The highlight of today was the banner. As for the game, thought we deserved it but fair play to Albion Rovers for digging out a point in the end. One of the most cynical dirtiest teams I've seen for a while mind you. 

Aye, and the coaching staff are a bunch of wankers as well!

33 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

The highlight of today was the banner. As for the game, thought we deserved it but fair play to Albion Rovers for digging out a point in the end. One of the most cynical dirtiest teams I've seen for a while mind you. 

Really? Lots of fouls from both teams and plenty of over-reaction by Airdrie players. Marr a disgrace for flying into a two foot tackle five minutes after being booked. McLaughlin decision also correct. But Rovers deserved a point for determination and chasing an equaliser with Shields and Vitoria on the pitch together. I'd start both next time out. And the much maligned Perry had a good game.

9 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Really? Lots of fouls from both teams and plenty of over-reaction by Airdrie players. Marr a disgrace for flying into a two foot tackle five minutes after being booked. McLaughlin decision also correct. But Rovers deserved a point for determination and chasing an equaliser with Shields and Vitoria on the pitch together. I'd start both next time out. And the much maligned Perry had a good game.

According to the BBC 19 fouls for Rovers/ 7 for Airdrie so you could put that down to "over reaction" so we will agree to differ. Thought your point about Shields/Vittoria is correct and our CB made it easy for them in many ways. The Ref also failed to give advantage on at least tw o good counter attacks but I felt that we did not deserve the three points and Rovers did battle away.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Airdrie fans moaning about teams being dirty? Man up. We should be dirtier. We are supposed to be airdrie. We should be all about being dirty and fighting fire with fire not bleating like Wee lassies.

I don't disagree. I wasn't moaning, it's part of the game after all - just stating a fact. We've basically got a team of wee boys that will never  compete in that way. As well as making errors due to inexperience week in week out, it's just another thing we've got to thank our wonderful 'leaders' for.  

Archived