Premier Passions - 1996/97

AyrTroopMajor

Came across this on YouTube yesterday, a six part behind the scenes documentary about Sunderland's first season in the Premier League in 1996-97. Some brilliant swearing from Peter Reid in here, well worth watching if you like behind the scenes football documentaries. All 6 episodes are on there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPKFiKE4-A 

34 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Came across this on YouTube yesterday, a six part behind the scenes documentary about Sunderland's first season in the Premier League in 1996-97. Some brilliant swearing from Peter Reid in here, well worth watching if you like behind the scenes football documentaries. All 6 episodes are on there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPKFiKE4-A 

I remember watching that at the time and it being a good watch. There was such a buzz around Sunderland back then with the new ground and they were a good side.

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I remember watching that at the time and it being a good watch. There was such a buzz around Sunderland back then with the new ground and they were a good side.

Interesting how much Reid stresses throughout the whole thing that he won't be forced into spending stupid money on a player that he doesn't rate. Fast-forward to 2002 and he spent £5m on Tore Andre Flo from Rangers, one of his last acts as Sunderland boss. Clearly something changed! 

On 24/10/2017 at 12:27, Rab B Nesbit said:

They got relegated in the first premier passions series! Even as my most loathed team it's still a good programme, the fans they interview come across ok although the posh lass couldn't be less representative of the 'city'.  

Archived