West Region Cup Competitions 2018-19

Helen's Dad

1 hour ago, Helen's Dad said:

With 16 team leagues coming in next season what discussions have taken place re. next seasons West Cup competitions. What  tournaments should be kept which ones altered radically or scrapped altogether?

From the minutes of the West Region Management Committee meeting on 10th October 2017:

AOCB

3. The Committee discussed the Sub Committee to review the Cup Competitions from next
season and it was agreed that we require a representative from each league and anyone
interested in being on the sub-committee to let Scott Robertson know by 20 October 2017

Plenty of time allowed  there for the invitation to be disseminated, I don't think!

So if you were of a mind to put your name forward, it's already too late.

From the minutes of the West Region Management Committee meeting on 10th October 2017:
AOCB
3. The Committee discussed the Sub Committee to review the Cup Competitions from next
season and it was agreed that we require a representative from each league and anyone
interested in being on the sub-committee to let Scott Robertson know by 20 October 2017
Plenty of time allowed  there for the invitation to be disseminated, I don't think!
So if you were of a mind to put your name forward, it's already too late.

And how were they going to actually advertise this? They don't do Twitter, Facebook, Pie n Bovril or any other forms of Internet communication. Or is it just possible that they intend keeping it in house with the get out that they tried but nobody was interested?

13 minutes ago, archieb said:

Whatever happens regarding committees, discussion groups etc, I'm sure that relevant motions WILL be submitted for the AGM and voted on by the clubs

After the fixtures debacle vote, I can see all comps surviving with an even bigger free for all at end of season.

11 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

After the fixtures debacle vote, I can see all comps surviving with an even bigger free for all at end of season.

In what sense was the fixtures vote a debacle?

The motion was voted in by approx 80% vs 20% of clubs!

The fixtures vote wasn't a debacle. It was a clear cut vote by the clubs. Unfortunately a decision has been made somewhere by somebody to just completely disregard what the clubs voted for and what the constitution states should be implemented.

An off topic one, just to satisfy your need to reply to every post I make.

Not true,for example didnt reply to your comment on last night's defeat. Anyway glad your back nice ane refreshed[emoji5]

The fixtures vote wasn't a debacle. It was a clear cut vote by the clubs. Unfortunately a decision has been made somewhere by somebody to just completely disregard what the clubs voted for and what the constitution states should be implemented.

Exactly. And I’d imagine that will be the first question asked at the next General Meeting.

Archived