Forfar v Raith

What a difference a week makes, thought Kennedy settled down after a dodgy 1st half and Murray and the new guy gave us something different.

Injuries for Scott-Dylan and Miller means we will be looking to the development team which isn't a bad thing. 

See looks like he has been told by Weir to get the finger out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a difference a week makes, thought Kennedy settled down after a dodgy 1st half and Murray and the new guy gave us something different.
Injuries for Scott-Dylan and Miller means we will be looking to the development team which isn't a bad thing. 
See looks like he has been told by Weir to get the finger out.

I didn't think we played too badly last week. Biggest difference this week was not gifting any goals. Clearly meant we had a real chance of getting something from the game.

7 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Mackintosh did really well I thought, got stuck in but used the ball well also. Him and Millar complimented each other. 

Thought Millar was poor today, he is so much better in a more attacking role

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Think lumping Vaughan and Buchanan in with Barr is a bit harsh. Buchanan had some good hold up and link up play, Vaughan showed a bit of creativity. Barr showed nothing 

Supporting role for the net wasn't too bad.

Awful from Davidson and Smith for the pen, and awful all game from the midfield. We haven't replaced Callachan and it's really harming us. 

Lack of urgency and not matching Forfars work rate. Looked very little between the sides, which given Forfars firm this season, is pretty worrying.

Early days, but we've seen a decent lead and goal difference wiped out, whilst seeing a noticeable dip in our away performances. With Ayr game fast approaching and East Fife next up, this has a depressing feeling.

No complaints about the result today. Thought a draw was fair. We were poor and lacked the ability to create anything really threatening. Disappointing to get in front and then throw away the lead. Davo and Smith both at fault I thought. Special mention for Zanatta - truly dreadful and the dive was embarrassing.

At least it knocks on the head the daft notion that we will skoosh this league. Going to be a battle with Ayr all the way. 

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Mackintosh did really well I thought, got stuck in but used the ball well also. Him and Millar complimented each other. 

MacIntosh is a really good player and deserves his chance. Hope he gets an extended run to make the position his own. . . And I sincerely hope Kennedy is 1st choice left back now too. 

Great point today. Manager made changes to the starting XI when they needed to be made, and I'm delighted he turned to the young guys.

Weir deserves great credit for today. 

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Looked very little between the sides, which given Forfars firm this season, is pretty worrying.

We were like a completely different team today so I wouldn't look at our previous matches and liken them to what you saw from us today.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Think lumping Vaughan and Buchanan in with Barr is a bit harsh. Buchanan had some good hold up and link up play, Vaughan showed a bit of creativity. Barr showed nothing 

Thats typical of Barr for me.When he wants or interested hes a good player,unfortunately  he doesn,t show that often enough

When was the last time the rovers got a penalty in the league?

I think it was the one Panayiotu missed against the newco in the last minute, before scoring the equaliser in injury time.
Start of April 2016.

Archived